• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

are these cohibas vintage and or real?

Thank you Devin. It's getting there!

WHAT!! NO LINK? ???

LINKY!

bahamas-85.jpg

Cigar bands can become quite loose over a period of time, especially when they have been taken out of the box and handled repeatedly over the years. Over and under humidification can certainly speed up this process. Bring the cigars back very slowly over a period of a year. Rotate the cigars a quarter turn once a week for about six months and then let them rest to allow the filler, binder and wrapper to acquire the proper amount of moisture evenly. They will never have the flavor that was intended but they will have a very mild Cuban profile to them. Smoke them in the morning and pair them with a mild tea or water.

I would take special care of those Upmann's as they appear to be the bands of a Sir Winston. Looking through some boxes last night the Cohiba's that have the darker wrapper all come from the JM factory in '90,'91 and '92.

Great point on seasoning your humidor...I would recommend 84% Boveda packs and let them sit for at least fourteen days without opening the humidor. Never wipe a humidor down with distilled water...

Unfortunately I will not be around to see the review by your expert, but I wish you all the best.

Phil, a blind fiver on the bowl?

Hey Gary...very nice car.

Absolutely, will figure out who owes whom after you get back from your diamond quest ;) I have only been to Kenya but that was a long time ago. Be careful out there, some of the locals have big guns and some of the fish have big teeth!

So some guy you know, knowing you don't know anything about cigars or vintage, gave you these cigars, including a green top SW. Sounds legit bro. Smoke them all.

Great news! We have a new expert in the house! From now on, all noobs with authenticity questions, please forward them directly to the noob from Bahston and refrain from starting a thread. This keeps the forum clean and the expert can further endear himself to....himself.

mk ....you're too new to have three consecutive posts where you come off as a self righteous prick. Only I can get away with that!

mk ....you're too new to have three consecutive posts where you come off as a self righteous prick. Only I can get away with that!
You wouldn't stop at three, though.

:sign:

It was actually a lady my wife works for, they were her ex's and the humidor had been just chilling there in her HUGE house in the wine room next to the wine cooler, so I was like HEY! whats the deal with that? Shes like oh yea throw it away.....Im like hmmmm how about I have it? So shes lilke oh ya if you want it its yours. *THANK YOU* lol

thats how it ended up in my hands

Jonesy said:
Great news! We have a new expert in the house! From now on, all noobs with authenticity questions, please forward them directly to the noob from Bahston and refrain from starting a thread. This keeps the forum clean and the expert can further endear himself to....himself.

Hmmm.... Self righteous prick from Boston that thinks he's an expert.  Where have we heard that before???

You could open up a Conocedor's Corner and I could start referring to myself in the third person. Hire myself a butler and all that.

jayro75 said:

Hmmm.... Self righteous prick from Boston that thinks he's an expert.  Where have we heard that before???

Nah, he  is just trollin a little.  By all reports Marc is good people

insight said:

Agree with beeboy

Backslide said:

Agree with beeboy

Yea, but you're both clowns...so what good will that do him!

???

No stop it! mk05 wants his connoisseur's corner so he can sit in his bathrobe, swirl his cognac, and refer to himself in the third person while making outrageous comments in the wee hours of the night.

Edited punctuation for maximum effect

I'll send you the bath robe.  Anything to cover up those shorts in your avatar. :D

jayro75 said:

Yea, I guess my love for SPIVY got the best of me.... :rolleyes: