• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ARs, AKs, etc.

Interesting read Breedy. I would say that it must be a very difficult position to be in having to make that decision for a giant like DSG, however, not informing Troy prior to and working out some kind of middle ground - thats just bad business IMO.

Any suggestions on particular ammo ? I know I will be trying a few to get the best response with this particular gun, but I also like 'clip notes'. ;) Enjoy. . .

Is the twist rate marked on the barrel?
1:9 is for ideal 55gr 5.56 but a bit slow for 62gr
1:7 is for 62gr and up 5.56, a bit fast for 55gr, but works in a pinch.
1:12 is usually found in .223 bolt guns for the lightweight varmint rounds.

I checked it today. It is a 1:9 twist. I am continuing my research now on ammo with this new info. Thanks...

Check Out this Linky

You happen to be looking for ammo at the worst possible time. The price of "plinking" ammo has double if not tripled.

While i understand folks in more or less of a panic to stock up, I just can not in good conscience feed the gougers. Won't pay $60.00 for an OpusX, won't pay $900.00 for a thousand rounds of .223. Buddy of mine just got a decent deal on ammo from Cabalea's. Might look there, I believe they are taking back orders.

I am paying attention to who the worst gougers are, and will never purchase from them again or ever. Support those that are in this for the long haul, not the quick buck.

There is a chance, actually a pretty good chance, that the bill won't pass or at least will get heavily watered down. I'm going to wait until the buying frenzy slows down and prices sober up....and then put some more things away.

Bad timing.. Just purchased my first hand gun, a Springfield XDM .40 Compact. I did manage to find a great deal on rounds at 27.8c/round at my local academy. Still searching for an AR lower receiver in an attempt to beat any legislature since it is the only serialized/registered component from what I understand.

My local shop has always had great prices, 90% of what he sells is cheaper than Cabala’s and are really good deals. He told me this weekend that his suppliers are really jacking up prices which he will have to pass through to the customers. He also showed me his gun order sheets, in December he has taken more orders than the other 11 months combined. He has no idea when he will be able to get clips again, suppliers are not providing any delivery dates.

The shop was mobbed with people buying everything they could get their hands on.

Local shop has a SIG .308 AR pattern rifle on the wall. Was $1800, now $5000. F@#king gougers, I'll never go back......

Jeez, that's insane. I think it's a good time for me to exercise a little restraint until the prices normalize.

found a shop in PA that had decent prices but nothing in stock even though they were taking back-orders on rifles. my friend ordered something on back order but i didnt because i believe he wont be seeing that rifle till 2014. Stag on their website said they stop taking orders because they have a 1yr back log
i guess i will be spending the next 3 month hunting down an upper. if anyone gets any leads please let me know.

BOOM ! This will hold me over until the PMags come around again for 'reasonable' prices...

Pre-ban 100rd drum. Im sure you guys have some pretty cool things locked up in your cabinets, but for a newb like me,
Im jacked up over this clip. Now I can sleep at night.

gallery_13416_1483_2215.jpg

gallery_13416_1483_8616.jpg

After doing some discrete inquiries, I heard through the grapevine that they did this same thing, last ban go round. They've lost a customer forever......

Not a gun guy, yet. But glad to see you guys keep your resolve on who is worth your business and who isn't. I will take the Woman clay pig ion shooting this spring and maybe I can get her to change her stance on guns. Until then I'd rather be happy then right. You married guys know what I'm talking about.

Interesting read Breedy. I would say that it must be a very difficult position to be in having to make that decision for a giant like DSG, however, not informing Troy prior to and working out some kind of middle ground - thats just bad business IMO.

Any suggestions on particular ammo ? I know I will be trying a few to get the best response with this particular gun, but I also like 'clip notes'. ;) Enjoy. . .

Is the twist rate marked on the barrel?
1:9 is for ideal 55gr 5.56 but a bit slow for 62gr
1:7 is for 62gr and up 5.56, a bit fast for 55gr, but works in a pinch.
1:12 is usually found in .223 bolt guns for the lightweight varmint rounds.

I checked it today. It is a 1:9 twist. I am continuing my research now on ammo with this new info. Thanks...

1:9 is great middle ground.

found a shop in PA that had decent prices but nothing in stock even though they were taking back-orders on rifles. my friend ordered something on back order but i didnt because i believe he wont be seeing that rifle till 2014. Stag on their website said they stop taking orders because they have a 1yr back log
i guess i will be spending the next 3 month hunting down an upper. if anyone gets any leads please let me know.

I've seen those numbers too. Pretty much every AR, part or accessory was bought up in about 5 days. There is a huge vaccum now that everyone is scrambling to fill, from distributors, to dealers and lastly to the individual buyer. Depending on the way things go over the next couple of months, I wouldn't be super surprised to see those wait times drop drastically. Tax season is approaching and when the credit card bills with the $350 dollar lowers and $50 Pmags start hitting I would expect to see secondary market thrive.

Which upper you looking for?

well Khari I was not 100% sure but had it narrowed down pretty good. basically something like the Stag Model 3GH
16-18 inch barrel, 1/7 or 1/8 twist; long FF 13inch or longer like the Daniel Defense lite 14.0 or Samson Evolution; M4 feed ramps

I am going to probably heed the advice of others and build one or better said buy the parts and have a gunsmith build it, since i have neither the tools nor the appropriate skills to do it myself. I would have loved to walk out the door of a shop with one and just go shoot but it doesn't look like that will be happening

Ahhhhh... happiness is coming home to boxes on the doorstep... my pre-ordered 10 packs of pmags came in. ALL of them :)

Ahhhhh... happiness is coming home to boxes on the doorstep... my pre-ordered 10 packs of pmags came in. ALL of them :)

Hehe...me too.

I figure this .300 AAC build will go as slow as molasses in...well, Alaska... but I've made a little progress. The extension tube came in today (but not the armorer's wrench) so I gave it a quick test assembly:

p1365099884-3.jpg

Aero Precision lower with CMMG LPK
Next Generation Arms upper
Magpul ACS stock & MIAD grip

I picked up the lower a while back, not long before the market went nuts. A day or two later, I went back for an upper and they only had two: one black, one OD. The finish on the black one didn't match very well so I figured if I was going to mismatch, I might as well do it in two-tone style.

I have a "Don't Tread on Me" dust cover on order. The other parts will come when the budget and this insane market allow.