• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bacon Wrapped Chicken

I made your version tonight Gary. Big hit!

So much going on flavor wise with this dish.

jfields said:
I made your version tonight Gary. Big hit!

So much going on flavor wise with this dish.

Glad you guys liked it. You're so right, a lot of different flavors going on in that little thing. Did you add the horseradish cheese as well?

We find it's one of those things you eat until you get full...and then keep on eating because it tastes so good!  :laugh:

I did use Horseradish Jack Cheese and added some diced Jalepeno pepper. Also cooked them on a rack using convection to avoid having to flip, and then broiled with the BBQ sauce the last few minutes to brown up the bacon and caramelize.

Sweet, savory, and a little heat all in one. Leftovers for lunch today.

You've turned into quite the house bitch since breaking your foot Paul.

jfields said:

I've always been the house bitch... My wife works full time and goes to school 3/4 time so I take care of most stuff around the house.

Tall Paul said:

I've always been the house bitch... My wife works full time and goes to school 3/4 time so I take care of most stuff around the house.

Paul's new avatar...

house_bitch_bbq_apron_zpsc427afaa.jpg

Tall Paul said:

I'd respect you more if you just called me a dick instead of explaining yourself....

jfields said:

I'd respect you more if you just called me a dick instead of explaining yourself....

Dick!

This dish was so easy to throw together and DAAMN it was good. I had great results with two of the pickiest eaters I know one of which some of you know my buddy Simon (Bangers N' Mash) and his wife. Everyone loved the dish and all its flavors. Thanks Austen for giving us this Idea and Gary for your recent version. I went by Gary's version to the "T" and damn that cheese was the KEY!

gallery_13257_1651_443310.jpg

gallery_13257_1651_1584873.jpg

gallery_13257_1651_979594.jpg

gallery_13257_1651_2653620.jpg

gallery_13257_1651_893101.jpg

My wife does not eat any meat so it was good to have a second opinion on the dish and since Simon didn't need ketchup on it I would say that''s a positive... LOL  

Thanks guys for sharing I will be making this again maybe with a little jalepeno pepper like Austen did to give it a little more heat.

Paul

I did it with the Jalapeños and the slight heat added was nice. The thing that makes it is the sage, thyme, and rosemary infused cream cheese.

It's a great leftover the next day. I heated mine in the oven at 425 for about 20 min, half expecting the chicken to be dry. Tasted just like it did fresh out of the oven the night before. Nice and moist.

Two Sundays in a row I served these up and the Bears won both days. I know what we're having the next two game days.

Tall Paul said:
This is in the oven yet again!
Made some last night. I forgot the jalapeño so substituted tomatillo salsa and Tony's seasoning.

I'm still bummed, since we were moving I didn't make it last weekend. That cost da Bears a crucial win...