• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bacon Wrapped Chicken

I was starring at this sooooo hard I had to put extra drops in my eyes, you raised my glaucoma plus drooling on my shirt. Sure glad you don't get high colesterol from cigars.

The smoked option... thats next...

Did mine on Sunday, and didn't think to take any pics.

Bad choices:
1. Cheap, thin packaged bacon.
2. Enormous breasts... generally a good option but I think these may have been a bit much. Bacon didn't crisp up the way it should have and the sauce didn't caramelize enough. They were done all the way through, but probably could have stayed in another 10-15 minutes.

Good choices:
1. Chopped and sauteed garlic, fennel, carrots and red onion on ricotta with fresh parsley and grated fresh parmesan and smoked Jarlsberg cheeses. Rubbed in dried oregano and basil.

One done Italian, the other Mexican style with nothing fancy.

DAMN GOOD!

Thanks Austen, you just made me fail my next physical!

Being a BBQ addict myself I have to say I love the pictures and the idea in general. I often do bacon wrapped jalapeno's and brats on my grill, so this looks right up my alley. A little indirect heat, with a beer and a cigar while I wait and I think you have just made my sunday...

Being a BBQ addict myself I have to say I love the pictures and the idea in general. I often do bacon wrapped jalapeno's and brats on my grill, so this looks right up my alley. A little indirect heat, with a beer and a cigar while I wait and I think you have just made my sunday...

Great to hear you find an interest in the recipe. Hope you enjoy it! I know I have a few times already. :D

How do you normally cook your bacon? Like THIS ?

I approve! Made a pair of these on Sunday and except for the cream cheese (I added sharp) followed your directions. I'll be doing this again :thumbs:

Well, the secret's out ! Mario Batali stopped me in NYC this weekend and asked me "whats up with my bacon wrapped chicken?" - I will never tell you Mario! :laugh:

gallery_13416_1483_4119.jpg

Hehe, that rocks man! Mario Batali is one of my favorites, but my girlfriend thinks he can do no wrong.

**edit** Jenn: I am super-duper jealous!

I've made this 5-6 times already...and if my son could liquefy it and shoot it in his veins, he would! It is so freakin' good. I've made it for some friends a few times as well and they were loving every bite.

Some of the variations we've made along the way are:

1) Thick cut bacon...2lbs for 4 chicken breasts
2) I sprinkle a little Montreal Chicken Seasoning on both sides of the chicken breasts
3) I add fresh rosemary (or dried) to a 12oz container of soft cream cheese and let it sit in the fridge and use when ready
4) I julienne vidalia or red onions, sweet red pepper, and just last Friday, some Granny Smith apple in there...that little sweetness was awesome! I've also tried cabbage, carrots, pear, shallots, sliced baby portabella mushrooms, and celery too...depends on what's in the fridge.
5) I cut three 1/4" thick slices Cabot's Horseradish cheese for the top....and squeeze a little horseradish sandwich sauce on the top. I found the shredded cheese cooked to quickly and melted out.
6) I build it backwards on top of the 6 slice bacon weave...first the horseradish cheese, then the horseradish sauce, then the veggis, then the cream cheese smeared chicken breast upside down on top of that...then fold the bacon up on to the bottom. Flip the whole thing over and cook as directed...I don't turn them as they cook, I just drain off the bacon fat at the half way point and then I do the BBQ sauce glaze 10 minutes before they are done under the broiler. I haven't tried cooking them on a rack yet.

Really sweet recipe...try it...it's very easy to prepare.

Guess what's for dinner tonight? Nice snowy day, had all the ingredients in the fridge...what the heck!

Today's version was 5 slices of thick cut bacon, sliced onion, anise, and sweet red pepper on top of the cream cheese infused with sage, rosemary, and thyme on top of the chicken fillet...a little salt & fresh ground pepper.and then I topped the whole thing with horseradish cheese.

Before the sliced cheese....

80526185-ee1b-421c-a4f9-acf82ffbe7b0_zpsc2220711.jpg

This is the first time I'm not building it upside down and going as per the original recipe.

The finished BWCB with my usual baked apple as a side dish. The contrast of sweet taste from the apple and the tart flavor of the 'Ian the Fatman' Homemade BBQ sauce works well together on the same plate. This version of preparing the chicken was a winner that'll make again for sure.

image_zpsd6850ae2.jpg

For something so quick to make that tastes this good...what a no brainer!

I did a variation of this last week. Tastes great, easy to do. I tried serving this up with eggs for Sunday breakfast, got no complaints. Thanks for the recipe and some of the variations on here sound good too.

Edited because I didn't review before posting...

I see you and I think alike Gary, we enjoy a little bit of chicken with our bacon.  :D

Look great!