• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bacon Wrapped Chicken

Gonna have to give this a go in the BGE.  Smoked smoked bacon!

Perfect ! I was trying to think of something good to make my friend for dinner while I was visiting her...Cannot believe this slipped my mind. Looks like I need to add bacon to the grocery list when I hit Denver. Thanks for the bump.

The only thing I keep asking myself is why haven't I made this already!!

Then again I'd probably do it on my smoker or weber and at -10 I don't think it would come out right!

I did do a cold weather smoke with chicken a few weeks back and it was great. Now though I don't think it qualifys as cold weather anymore!!

Thanks for the recipe and bump. Going to try this! :)

{tpc} said:
The only thing I keep asking myself is why haven't I made this already!!

Then again I'd probably do it on my smoker or weber and at -10 I don't think it would come out right!

I did do a cold weather smoke with chicken a few weeks back and it was great. Now though I don't think it qualifys as cold weather anymore!!

Thanks for the recipe and bump. Going to try this! :)

I wonder how something like this would come out being cooked low & slow. Doing the oven (higher heat) for the baking part and the broiler for the glazing of the BBQ sauce seems to work out pretty good. I'm wondering if the cheese would melt out of the wrapped breast in that long of a time frame.

If you do the smoker Tony, please let us know the outcome.  :thumbs:

Good luck!

I did it in the smoker a few weeks ago using applewood and it turned out amazing. Did it at 180 for two hours and then in the oven at 450° for about 5 or 8 minutes until the bacon/barbecue sauce caramelized.

My smoker isn't a cheapie though. Not sure if one of those Brinkman types where you have to put water inside would dry it out or not.

jfields said:
I did it in the smoker a few weeks ago using applewood and it turned out amazing. Did it at 180 for two hours and then in the oven at 450° for about 5 or 8 minutes until the bacon/barbecue sauce caramelized.

My smoker isn't a cheapie though. Not sure if one of those Brinkman types where you have to put water inside would dry it out or not.
It doesn't, but I usually brine the chicken breast first before they go in the smoker. 

Ingredients for this are getting bought today.  I hope I am able to find the Horseradish cheese and sauce as in Gary's version.

Brickhouse said:
Ingredients for this are getting bought today.  I hope I am able to find the Horseradish cheese and sauce as in Gary's version.

The cheese should be no problem. I struck out on that specific BBQ sauce.

Tall Paul said:

The cheese should be no problem. I struck out on that specific BBQ sauce.
Guys, the BBQ sauce I spoke of, Ian (thefatguy) makes it! He brought some down to my house last Summer when they spent the weekend. Homemade and awesome! I'd suggest PMing him.

Just made this, but I tweaked it a little. I used Philadelphia cooking creme, Italian herb, cheddar cheese and R&B barbeque sauce. I used Turkey bacon for mine because I don't eat swine, but regular pork for my wife. It was excellent, thanks guys.

Ok, all ingredients were found...minus that BBQ Sauce.  So I think I'll have a good run at it.  I'm thinking Sunday or Monday evening.

Thanks, and I'll be sure to post my pics as well!

Paul, and anyone else who is interested, I will be making another batch of BBQ sauce soon. I will have hot and sweet. If you want some let me know. We are actually trying to get to the point where we are selling this. We have labels, even bar codes, but still just making it for us and friends. Maybe one day we can get it together, lol. Until then, I'll have a few bottles I can send out to some CP brothers if you'd like. Pm me and I'll see what I can do. Fyi, this is not for sale yet, I'm just offering to help out some BOTL, not trying to peddle my goods, lol. Isy and Don, you will be first, don't worry. Gary if you're out, you'll be next. The name is actually R&B barbeque sauce.

thefatguy said:
Paul, and anyone else who is interested, I will be making another batch of BBQ sauce soon. I will have hot and sweet. If you want some let me know. We are actually trying to get to the point where we are selling this. We have labels, even bar codes, but still just making it for us and friends. Maybe one day we can get it together, lol. Until then, I'll have a few bottles I can send out to some CP brothers if you'd like. Pm me and I'll see what I can do. Fyi, this is not for sale yet, I'm just offering to help out some BOTL, not trying to peddle my goods, lol. Isy and Don, you will be first, don't worry. Gary if you're out, you'll be next.

The name is actually R&B barbecue sauce.

Yeah, I'm almost out...I only have about 1/4 bottle left for this weekend's Super Bowl Bacon Wrapped Chicken Nuggets.

Plus, I guess I should stop drinking it 'on the rocks' because it's so freakin' good! 

thefatguy said:
Paul, and anyone else who is interested, I will be making another batch of BBQ sauce soon. I will have hot and sweet. If you want some let me know. We are actually trying to get to the point where we are selling this. We have labels, even bar codes, but still just making it for us and friends. Maybe one day we can get it together, lol. Until then, I'll have a few bottles I can send out to some CP brothers if you'd like. Pm me and I'll see what I can do. Fyi, this is not for sale yet, I'm just offering to help out some BOTL, not trying to peddle my goods, lol. Isy and Don, you will be first, don't worry. Gary if you're out, you'll be next. The name is actually R&B barbeque sauce.

I would love to try it if you have an extra bottle.

I switched it up for Super Bowl Sunday and made a different version of this....same ingredients, only smaller...

I took a chicken breast and cubed it into 1" or so pieces...

image_zps9331c7cb.jpg

Then I cut some thick cut bacon in half length wise and gently stretched them a bit and crisscrossed them on a plate. Then added the cube of chicken, some of the rosemary and sage infused cream cheese, some julienned anise. a little freshly ground pepper and salt, and a square of horseradish cheese....

image_zpsa34f0970.jpg

image_zps98e0a215.jpg

Then I stretched the bacon up to the top and held it in place with a toothpick...

image_zps5ae7969e.jpg

image_zpsa35637f5.jpg

Baked them at 425 for 20 minutes, took them out and brushed them with Fatguy BBQ sauce, put them back in the oven for 5-6 more minutes and voila!...mini bacon wrapped chicken things!

image_zpsce49ee1c.jpg

They actually were two bites each and everyone at our SB party freaked on them. Two nice sized, unpounded, full thickness chicken breasts made 18 of them. 

Preparing to make this now.  I hope the results are as well as everyone else's.