• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bad Trader

I knew Doc was keeping track of us with our noob pics up on his wall somewhere :)

Devil Doc said:
This ain't fleabay. If you want to know about someone, just PM someone who's been here awhile. We've been known to keep track. ;)

Doc

Yep, Doc is correct.  I can't seem to remember what I did yesterday, but bad tradings here, I can remember.  Not sure why, but it seems to come in handy.

So I'm assuming still no word from carddoug?  Has it been brought to Rod's attention?  Seems it might be time for the hammer.  He's had more than enough time and opportunity to respond.  Just my opinion.

ETA- He was last active Oct. 1st so he's either hiding out or something is keeping him.  Has anyone contacted him other than via PM on here? 

What was Carddoug's end supposed to be, Smellysell?

Juanote said:
A pipe I believe.

This is correct.  From the thread in BST it seems he was requesting some tins of tobacco in exchange for a Boswell mini churchwarden.

jfields said:
I'm wondering if it would be possible to put a trader comments section in everyone's profile?
Similar to OLH....

chiefmd said:

I'm wondering if it would be possible to put a trader comments section in everyone's profile?Similar to OLH....
If not, we could just create a thread and then you would be able to search under the thread for usernames. But feedback rating would be cool.

This idea has been brought up many times over the years on CigarPass, and it has been repeatedly rejected. These feedback ratings/trader comments don't function as intended - it simply leads to a lot of back slapping and blowing smoke up the arse bullshitting. When things go wrong, less seasoned members don't seem to want to leave a bad mark for another BOTL.

The best system ( in my opinion) is what CigarPass already does so well - if you screw up,expect to have to answer for it on the public forum.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to put a trader comments section in everyone's profile?
Similar to OLH....

I'm wondering if it would be possible to put a trader comments section in everyone's profile?Similar to OLH....

If not, we could just create a thread and then you would be able to search under the thread for usernames. But feedback rating would be cool.

This idea has been brought up many times over the years on CigarPass, and it has been repeatedly rejected. These feedback ratings/trader comments don't function as intended - it simply leads to a lot of back slapping and blowing smoke up the arse bullshitting. When things go wrong, less seasoned members don't seem to want to leave a bad mark for another BOTL.

The best system ( in my opinion) is what CigarPass already does so well - if you screw up,expect to have to answer for it on the public forum.

OLH trader comments didn't help the debacles on the past.
Community interaction did help!

I can also give you examples from the CigarPass archives of members with outstanding trading histories that suddenly became train wrecks for various reasons. Trader comments and thumbs up silliness would not have protected anyone in those circumstances.

I can also give you examples from the CigarPass archives of members with outstanding trading histories that suddenly became train wrecks for various reasons. Trader comments and thumbs up silliness would not have protected anyone in those circumstances.

:p

MilesMingusMonk said:

thumbsupsmileyface22_zps5a53ece8.png

haha

MilesMingusMonk said:
Similar to OLH....

I agree with this. One of the reasons I am most active in this board.

MilesMingusMonk said:
gallery_779_1368_43480.jpg

One from ironpeddler's vacation photo album

Memories....memories....

PS: this Sandra Bullock movie with her floating around in space is getting tedious. I hate foreign directors...but the 3D glasses are cool, I think I'm keeping them  :thumbs:

MilesMingusMonk said:
Good point. Has the scumbag list been kept up with? Seems like Phil has quite a few sticks in the fire these days.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Still no word, think this one is probably a done deal. Guess I'll do a little more research the next time I trade with someone I don't know, should have known better.