• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BBQ Herf **edited for details.***

hatguy, will you have power hookups available for campers? I'll probably have a small air conditioning unit in whatever one I'm bringing. I got the A/C fixed today in my Buick so I'm ready to roll. :thumbs: If you do have an outlet available, how much extention cord should I bring?

I am going to be staying in a 5 * hotel near hatguy's house - woops - make that a 1 * motel -

With a flashing neon sign outside the window that says "acancy"?

LMAO @ Smurf!! :laugh:

So, CC, are you attending? I would love to see you there, but the pessimist part of me keeps whispering in my ear, "He's yanking your chain." :laugh:

CC,
Swimming if you want the kids in the neighborhood do it all the time. And there are NO hook ups. I am runnig a drop cord from the house so we have lights. And that is it.

Shooter, you know the deal with the speed herfing VSG. LMAO

So, CC, are you attending? I would love to see you there, but the pessimist part of me keeps whispering in my ear, "He's yanking your chain." :laugh:

Who knows? So far, everything is looking like I may be able to attend. It will be a slow time during the campaign season so at this point, I think I can spare the time. My work situation is completely up in the air so I honestly don't know. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not a fan of camping but I see that it looks like quite a few of the attendees are planning on camping. My concern is that the time is August, when it's HOT & HUMID and I have big problems sleeping comfortably when the humidity and dew point is oppressive. So, I've been looking into the small camper idea, like a teadrop since I don't want to pull some massive, heavy monster for a 900 mile round trip. I have determined that I can tow a teaddrop style camper with an air conditioning unit BUT I'll need a power hook up. AVB and thehatguy have clafiried for me that there won't be a power hookup so now I'm leaning against the small camper idea which is fine, I'll just have to start looking at one star motels now with "acancy" signs. :laugh:

The other thing I was thinking about doing in the middle of August was flying down to Houston to catch a few Astros games, Kenny and I were talking about this a couple of months back. If I do that then I probably won't be back in time for the BBQ Herf since I wanted to see the Astros/Cubs Series which is in the middle of August.

At this point, two months out, I doubt anyone (other than hatguy, the host) can honestly say with 100% certainty that they WILL be there so sorry, I cannot give you a definitive answer at this time.

Well I am gonna plan on driving (schedule permitting). Anyone near me that wants to go let's see if we can work something out.

Broke out the tent and checked it out for the first time in a few years. I think I'm ready as long as I can get a tree between me and those drunk drivers. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well I am gonna plan on driving (schedule permitting). Anyone near me that wants to go let's see if we can work something out.

PMS (Pm Sent) Thinks me might be able to make it. Although it is my birthday on the 19th!!!!

-D

I will be there - good Lord willing - with wife and 3 kids - anyone else bringing kids?

Wish I could guys but I won't know anything for sure untill July 19th, that's when we get our schedules. I might have to burn up some sick days, I know I have enough for all of us. As far as farting with the windows up I have a little more couth than that. My wife won't vouch for that though. :D but I have three dogs I can point my finger at, at those times ???

... As far as farting with the windows up I have a little more couth than that. ... but I have three dogs I can point my finger at, at those times ???

If for nothing other than that, they truly are man's best friend.

Well looks like the wife is not going. I just asked her today if she might want to go.

"In the middle of August, in a tent, in the heat, with a bunch of guys smoking cigars and scratching their balls. Not to mention throwing in some alcohol and moonshine. I'll pass, but you have fun."