• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BBQ Herf **edited for details.***

I actually had to cancel some plans that I've had for almost a year now because I was being tarded. The weekend of the herf is the same weekend of the AMA Superbike races at VIR that we go and camp out at. Oh well. OOpps.

Where the hell are my loyalties??? :laugh:

I still want to know if it's okay to bring a camper. I have absolutely no interest in sleeping in a tent. Are campers going to be allowed here? I also want to know if Josh, Gary and Rob are interested in this. If so, fine, I can borrow a larger pop-up camper from my friend Chris that'll sleep up to four comfortably. If they're not, then that's fine too, I'll borrow a teardrop camper.

I actually came across some plans to build one out of wood which I thought was pretty cool. The problem with teardrop campers is that they're really only good for one person. If I do borrow a teardrop style camper and it works out okay, I just may build one out of wood per the plans during the winter, it'll give me something to do in the off season.

hatguy, do you have WiFi? If so, fantastic, I can sit in my little teardrop camper and log onto CP and give live updates as to the shananigans that I know will be going on during this "event."

What is the date of this again?
Hillbilly, I would suggest editing the first post to add all information. I can't go through page after age looking for the date. I'm lazy!
Bill, sounds like Gary is out. Josh is married now and probably out :whistling: ! I am always down for a road trip and a herf especially centered around BBQ. I don't smoke in my car. Can we take the Jag? Will she make it? :p

-Rob

Well, if they're are only two of us, we could take the Jag BUT it hates really HOT weather and overheats when you stop for a break. Also if there are only two of us and we took the Jag the camper idea is out. I was looking into Class II trailer hitches for the Jaguar and there's no such animal. :( There are class I hitches which ae probably good for a teardrop camper but any camper that would be good for two or more people requires a class II hitch and again for what I can tell, no one makes one for the Jaguar. However my Buick is presently fitted with a heavy duty class II hitch.

How many people attending are planning on camping out vs those who are going to stay in a hotel?

I will be camping out in a tent for the weekend. Hopefully the weather cooperates and it stays rain free.

Josh is married now and probably out :whistling: !

Yeah, I sincerely doubt I could make it. The lady would probably kill me.
It sounds like a freaking GREAT time. Hell, I'm having a hard enough finding HERF partners in Vegas, so it would be great to make the trip...HIGHLY doubtful (I'd say I'm about 93% not going to be able to make it.)

Yep sitting around a fire smoking a nice cigar, the bass jumping in the river. Sounds like a good time. Did I mention to bring your fishing poles? Bass like to bite early morning on top water bait. I like a green buzz bait at 3/8 oz. light line 6-8 lb but no more than 10lb test. But at night you want heavier line 12-16lb test for the CAT fish.

It sounds like a freaking GREAT time. Hell, I'm having a hard enough finding HERF partners in Vegas, so it would be great to make the trip...HIGHLY doubtful (I'd say I'm about 93% not going to be able to make it.)

Bring the wife. A lot of BOTL are. And after nearly 15 years of being married there is one thing I have learned. It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Hillbilly you may want to add my addy to the 1st page so the guys can google it.

Dennis Hawk
1123 Avon Bend Rd
Charles Town WV 25414

Yep sitting around a fire smoking a nice cigar, the bass jumping in the river. Sounds like a good time. Did I mention to bring your fishing poles? Bass like to bite early morning on top water bait. I like a green buzz bait at 3/8 oz. light line 6-8 lb but no more than 10lb test. But at night you want heavier line 12-16lb test for the CAT fish.

Bring the wife. A lot of BOTL are. And after nearly 15 years of being married there is one thing I have learned. It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Hillbilly you may want to add my addy to the 1st page so the guys can google it.

Dennis Hawk
1123 Avon Bend Rd
Charles Town WV 25414

Will we need fishing licenses to fish? Wouldn't want the Gaming ppl to swoop in under the cover of night and fine us all for fishing!!! :0

Do you ever go swimming in the river? I'd imagine that by August the water should be nice and warm. There's a nice river that runs through my town that has some of the best trout fishing in the area but people swim in it in the summer, HOWEVER there is one certain part where they strictly prohibit swimming. Is that the case with the river in back of your house or is it leagal to swim there?

I am going to be staying in a 5 * hotel near hatguy's house - woops - make that a 1 * motel -

Hillbilly, thanks for updating the first post! :thumbs:

I have a work conflict at this moment. I may be able to get out of it though! I won't know until we are closer to the herf date!

-Rob

Did some one say there is gonna be a speed herf with a VSG or that there was one? :D

Cheers

How are the skeeters at that time of the year?

If we've got a smoker going, a camp fire lit and a lot of stogies being smoked, they should not be a problem.

... but I'm getting some "Off" just in case. :whistling:

hatguy, will you have power hookups available for campers? I'll probably have a small air conditioning unit in whatever one I'm bringing. I got the A/C fixed today in my Buick so I'm ready to roll. :thumbs: If you do have an outlet available, how much extention cord should I bring?

I am going to be staying in a 5 * hotel near hatguy's house - woops - make that a 1 * motel -

With a flashing neon sign outside the window that says "acancy"?

LMAO @ Smurf!! :laugh: