• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar girls...

Emo, although I see your point, I am pretty sure you know Tommy wasn't calling her a "whore" in the literal sense.

*edit to add:

This thread IMO is absolutely pointless. And to be candid, it seems to me that she has a problem with the guys here that enjoy the "cigar girls" and decided to attack the subject under a the guise of an innocent question.

That hardly seems to me to be something useful.

You have been here long enough to know what that means.... if she is upset with it maybe you should explain it to her instead of flexing your muscles with me.

BkCloud114 said:
You have been here long enough to know what that means.... if she is upset with it maybe you should explain it to her instead of flexing your muscles with me.
[snapback]276351[/snapback]​
Perhaps you should see my point of view before you assume I am flexing my muscles. It is always easier to deflect criticism than to take it to heart. SOmething to think about...

This is becoming an interesting thread.
My imagination is running rampant with pictures.

I like looking at the attention whore picture and she's not even smoking cigars. I think most of us just like looking at the women.

emodx said:
Perhaps calling her an attention whore is uncalled for. While you might assume a guy would have a thick skin to this, any time you put word whore in a womans face, it ends up bad for both parties. So while the thread may be pointless to you, how bout you act a gentleman and think for 1 minute before you post. Just a though there big guy... :angry:
[snapback]276347[/snapback]​

I call that flexing your muscles.... big guy !!!

CalixEros said:
I like looking at the attention whore picture and she's not even smoking cigars. I think most of us just like looking at the women.
[snapback]276361[/snapback]​

I agree with you 100%. I love looking at young beautiful women. :love:
It's a physiological thing.

BkCloud114 said:
emodx said:
Perhaps calling her an attention whore is uncalled for. While you might assume a guy would have a thick skin to this, any time you put word whore in a womans face, it ends up bad for both parties. So while the thread may be pointless to you, how bout you act a gentleman and think for 1 minute before you post. Just a though there big guy...  :angry:
[snapback]276347[/snapback]​

I call that flexing your muscles.... big guy !!!
[snapback]276363[/snapback]​
If you look at some of the other threads about last chance, appologies, short time left, this isn't flexing muscles. This is simply stating that I thought your post was going to leave a mark. So take it as I intended, constructive criticism, nothing more, nothing less. I am done.

Emo

grand cru no 2 said:
Emo, although I see your point, I am pretty sure you know Tommy wasn't calling her a "whore" in the literal sense.

*edit to add:

This thread IMO is absolutely pointless. And to be candid, it seems to me that she has a problem with the guys here that enjoy the "cigar girls" and decided to attack the subject under a the guise of an innocent question.

[snapback]276349[/snapback]​

If you truly knew Tommy, then you'd know he wasn't calling her a "whore" in the literal sense.

But Cheekie sure does voice her opinions pretty often and loudly on various issues on this board. Maybe its the Marine in her... This thread is a classic example of it. Members have been called "attention whores" and "look at me's" for far less.

And she's gotten quite a bit of attention since she started here. I cannot remember anyone receiving as much generosity is such a short span as Cheekie has since she's started...

I hope she's not held to a different standard because she's a woman - I view her as a "member", being subject to all the expectations and benefits of being a member. Maybe I'm wrong, but from some of the statements being made, I would think she doesn't want it any other way ;)

ggiese said:
I hope she's not held to a different standard because she's a woman - I view her as a "member", being subject to all the expectations and benefits of being a member. Maybe I'm wrong, but from some of the statements being made, I would think she doesn't want it any other way ;)

100% agree

ggiese said:
grand cru no 2 said:

*edit to add:

[snapback]276349[/snapback]​

If you truly knew Tommy, then you'd know he wasn't calling her a "whore" in the literal sense.

But Cheekie sure does voice her opinions pretty often and loudly on various issues on this board. Maybe its the Marine in her... This thread is a classic example of it. Members have been called "attention whores" and "look at me's" for far less.

And she's gotten quite a bit of attention since she started here. I cannot remember anyone receiving as much generosity is such a short span as Cheekie has since she's started...

[snapback]276397[/snapback]​
Nope, I agree with you. All I was pointing out was the "whore" part. Had it been pointed out as a "look at me", have at it, bust her chops. My point is that have been ladies that have posted here. But they don't las. I feel as is they aren't respected, therefor they dont stay or post.
Regardless of the matter, I will post in your face comments if it is worth the flack.

I respectfully disagree with Ray. I don't think she has a problem with us guys liking 'cigar girls' or is attacking. I think she has a different perspective and one that at this time is unique among us as the only regular female poster and cigar smoker. But I could be wrong. In any case it is interesting to me to have another angle to view our somewhat closed world of ball-scratching, titty gawking, stogie chomping brothers.

And I don't think the thread is pointless. If it was before it sure isn't now. But there are dozens of threads that to me hold no interest. I generally just don't comment on them. But any time the subject of hot women comes up a point or two will eventually emerge in a room full of dicks like this, if you know what I mean. Especially if there are pictures.

So, not pointless, just a different perspective and one that is outside the mainstream here. Nothing wrong with that and nothing wrong with good-natured roasting a member who is different. To a point. I think she knows what she is in for in our running conversation here. She ought to. She has had boyfriends like emodx, for Buddha's sake :p

hudsonvalley said:
I respectfully disagree with Ray. I don't think she has a problem with us guys liking 'cigar girls' or is attacking. I think she has a different perspective and one that at this time is unique among us as the only regular female poster and cigar smoker. But I could be wrong. In any case it is interesting to me to have another angle to view our somewhat closed world of ball-scratching, titty gawking, stogie chomping brothers.

And I don't think the thread is pointless. If it was before it sure isn't now. But there are dozens of threads that to me hold no interest. I generally just don't comment on them. But any time the subject of hot women comes up a point or two will eventually emerge in a room full of dicks like this, if you know what I mean. Especially if there are pictures.

So, not pointless, just a different perspective and one that is outside the mainstream here. Nothing wrong with that and nothing wrong with good-natured roasting a member who is different. To a point. I think she knows what she is in for in our running conversation here. She ought to. She has had boyfriends like emodx, for Buddha's sake :p
[snapback]276436[/snapback]​

I agree with this also, the thread is just another insight of what a woman is seeing and not the man. Women do like attention and not knowing cheekie I can not say if she is guilty of needing the attention. I do think from some of the threads I have read with her input and questions she is new and still is in a learning process. Give it a rest and move on, and if you dont like the subject just hit the little back icon at the top left screen. This is the lobby forum and is meant for most any kind of subject from what I am able to understand.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG :laugh:

SKYDIVNEKD said:
Cheekie said:
Indeed, I can understand what you mean about the shop dynamic...the last time I walked into a shop the clerk walked over to show me the "flavoured" selection.... which, for some reason it made me a bit testy, I replied with " where are your medium to bold selection " Without hesitation he decided to ask me if I was shopping for a friend.
The experience was a train-wreck...But after a few moments I found what I wanted, made my way to the register, there he attempted to engage me in the typical pleasanties of  "oooh this is a nice smoke ..." I bobbed my head gingerly and waited until paying for it to let him know that I look forward to trying it.
He actually invited me to smoke afterwards...

I guess he really didn't expect me to be a smoker, I can understand where his mind was...
[snapback]275944[/snapback]​

Cheekie,

If 99% of the retail customers are men, and the 1% that are women smoke flavoured cigars, should you have expected anything less?! I mean, knowing what you know of the "culture", it seems reasonable to expect a sales clerk to go on his prior experience, and show you what "most" women come in lookin' for. Then, after realizing(being told) you were going to smoke 'em, he invited you to stay around and enjoy them there.

I'm not sure why you'd of gotten "testy" or why the experience was a "train wreck". Instead of taking it personal, try telling them up front you're looking for whatever, you're gonna smoke 'em, and there won't be a bad experience. Then, when going back, they'll know you and greet you accordingly.

Floyd T. :D
[snapback]276321[/snapback]​

I guess the ideal would have involved no prejudgements, asking questions and responding to any I would have had. I was a little agitated because as a salesperson myself, I try not to allow MY PRECONCEPTIONS cloud my sale-

To Cheekie, et al....

In all fairness then here's a Cigar Girl for all of you to enjoy:

464129.jpg

Bon apetit,
Darren

For me its seeing a lady enjoying a cigar. Like my wife who happens to love Rum Crooks.

Nothing perverted or sexual about it. Its just nice to see a woman enjoying something that has been regarded as a male pleasure :)

There's no cigar :whistling:

What album is that?....it must be a reissue 'cause I have the original early ones.

PTownshend said:
To Cheekie, et al....

Bon apetit,
Darren
[snapback]276454[/snapback]​

AVB said:
There's no cigar :whistling:

What album is that?....it must be a reissue 'cause I have the original early ones.

PTownshend said:
To Cheekie, et al....

Bon apetit,
Darren
[snapback]276454[/snapback]​
[snapback]276459[/snapback]​

Its "English Rose" and if there is a cigar in that picture... I don't wanna know where :p