• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar girls...

grand cru no 2 said:
Emo, although I see your point, I am pretty sure you know Tommy wasn't calling her a "whore" in the literal sense.

*edit to add:

This thread IMO is absolutely pointless. And to be candid, it seems to me that she has a problem with the guys here that enjoy the "cigar girls" and decided to attack the subject under a the guise of an innocent question.

That hardly seems to me to be something useful.
[snapback]276349[/snapback]​

1. The word is a derogatory term, it is used in a form of personal attack.
( over something as menial as a thread )

whore

whore

noun (plural whores)
Definitions:

1. an offensive term for a prostitute

2. an offensive term for somebody regarded as being sexually indiscriminate

3. an offensive term for somebody who is regarded as willing to set aside principles or personal integrity in order to obtain something.

intransitive verb (past and past participle whored, present participle whor·ing, 3rd person present singular whores)
Definitions:

1. an offensive term meaning to be a regular customer of prostitutes

2. an offensive term meaning to work as a prostitute

[ Old English h?re < Indo-European, "to desire"]

2. You all are grown MEN!
I would expect that you would be able to conduct yourselves as such with your high standards of self policing and accountability.
There is no reason to call anyone here names!
If you don't agree, don't participate. If you don't see a point, why beat a dead horse? And hell, if you cannot tolerate what I have to say there is this nice iggy feature in your control panel.

That being said calling someone's mother, daughter, friend, a "whore" be it "post" or "attention" is uncalled for. Would you take lightly to someone attacking a person of your family for voicing a question/ opinion ? It is sad to see that some can justify this act or make up excuses for those wanton enough to see it as an acceptable form of communication.

3. What in your opinion is useless, to me has served of great enlightment. Goes to the anecdotals of why.

4. I am not hiding behind freedom of speech, this is not the real world at times and thus the real world rules do not apply. This is a private forum.
If you choose to participate and drag out a " pointless issue" ,May I ask what is the benefit to you or the others?
If you do not agree that is fine! But, there is no need to humilliate, call names, snicker, gather firewood and pitchforks. Are you not perpetuating something that in your opinion needs to end? What about any of that is brotherly?
If a " brother" lost his way would you not use reason to enlighten? Why pick up the nearest stone if it is a sister?

It seems that the minute a "lil woman" has a word to say about anything that isn't in Agreement there is an uproar. :0

In summary the few of you who honestly answered the question, I personally thank you. Those of you who choose to use this as a way to vent your personal issues with me and my opinions, well your recourse is above.

BTW-
I enjoy the cigar girls as much as any guy here, I actually look forward to them when I see them, I am not knocking the hot chick, and I have voiced that several times over... I wasn't attacking anything about the cigar girls, but more curious as to what you all thought.
When looking at something wouldn't you want to look at it for what it is.... hot chick or cigar girl?

Cheekie said:
....It seems that the minute a "lil woman" has a word to say about anything that isn't in Agreement there is an uproar. :0 .....
[snapback]276478[/snapback]​
That's not fair. You're cut as much slack as anyone on this board. More than most, IMHO.....

B.B.S.

BlindedByScience said:
Cheekie said:
....It seems that the minute a "lil woman" has a word to say about anything that isn't in Agreement there is an uproar. :0 .....
That's not fair. You're cut as much slack as anyone on this board. More than most, IMHO.....

B.B.S.
[snapback]276481[/snapback]​

Yep! Absolutely!!!

And I told you Emo - she obviously has no problem expressing herself or in need of people coming to her defense...

Maybe... maybe not.
More than most...unlikely-

I may have had some posts that weren't agreeable to you or the others, but, you took your (and they took theirs) opportunity to voice your opinion at that time. I got my fair rousing from the board at every turn when someone wanted to point out something unacceptable about one of my posts, I accepted it and dealt.

But I am sick of being called names, this isn't the first time either, so lets try to stay on task and not deflect attention from the matter.

And to accuse me of attacking something is not fair either. Granted two wrongs do not make a right, but that is my opinion. I respect yours, I would expect you would respect mine.

ggiese said:
BlindedByScience said:
Cheekie said:

B.B.S.

Yep! Absolutely!!!

And I told you Emo - she obviously has no problem expressing herself or in need of people coming to her defense...
[snapback]276485[/snapback]​

GG-
You are right I am capable to Fight my Fights.
But, what Emo did was what any man would do if put into a possition where he felt that a family member/ friend was being attacked.
I have to say, what if someone called your mom, daughter, wife, sister an attention whore, would your tune be different ? Could you sit back and watch your peers be disrespectful to someone who mattered to you?

From wikipedia:

Attention whore is an insulting term used in reference to a person who is trying to draw attention to themselves or who finds attention from others gratifying. The insult turns on the idea that the person to whom it is directed is comparable in their actions to a prostitute: a prostitute gives himself or herself sexually to anyone willing to pay, and in the same way an attention whore makes a fool of himself or herself for anyone willing to pay attention.

No one is calling anyone a "whore" in the traditional sense. It's a word used on the internet which means what it says above. Now if you have an issue with someone who thinks that you are a person who is "trying to draw attention to themselves or who finds attention from others gratifying", then fine, argue about that.

But please leave the prostitute references out of this. Everyone on this board and every other board knows damn well that this reference was not meant to label you a prostitute.

Cheekie said:
ggiese said:
BlindedByScience said:
Cheekie said:

B.B.S.

Yep! Absolutely!!!

GG-
But, what Emo did was what any man would do if put into a possition where he felt that a family member/ friend was being attacked.
I have to say, what if someone called your mom, daughter, wife, sister an attention whore, would your tune be different ? Could you sit back and watch your peers be disrespectful to someone who mattered to you?
[snapback]276490[/snapback]​

I suppose that's where Emo and I differ. You are absolutely right - I would administer a black eye to anyone who out of the clear blue called my mom, daughter, wife, sister a "whore". But if one of my fenale family members is participating on a cigar board, such as this one, there is going to be some things said that I couldn't possibly defend. It's like walking into a men's locker room and telling the guys, "Hey! My mom's in here. Knock it off!!!"

But, Cheekie - you bring up a really good example. My mother is an attention whore. There's no denying it - she just is. She can't help it. And my whole family knows it. The only person who'd take offense to anyone calling her an "attention whore" is my mother...

It really seems to me you're getting bent over something that doesn't require you being bent. You're new here - so you probably are not used to the stone busting that goes on. It does - it's a part of the board. If you take offense to it, you're really not going to like this place... Get used to it, or be prepared to fight the fight often!!! ;)

Cheekie said:
<snip>

If a " brother" lost his way would you not use reason to enlighten? Why pick up the nearest stone if it is a sister?

<snip>

It seems that the minute a "lil woman" has a word to say about anything that isn't in Agreement there is an uproar. :0

<snip>

I'm not sure your "brother" vs "sister" argument has merit. If you've been reading threads on this boards for any length of time (other than your own) then you would know that:

1. Reason is rarely used to enlighten the way of a newbie who has lost it.

2. There is a general uproar whenever anyone (male or female) expresses an opinion that is outside of agreed upon norms.

In other words, you're being treated just like the rest of us.

And for the record, I agree with Tommy that you seem to like attention. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) I personally wouldn't have applied the "Attention Whore" tag, but if I had, so what? It's a name that has a unique meaning on this board, and is not meant to imply anything of a sexual nature. As you stated in your post, "this is not the real world at times and thus the real world rules do not apply." This is a good example of that.

ggiese said:
Hey Cheekie - are you a bitch?
[snapback]276497[/snapback]​

Ah and now to the self proclaimed name tag :)

This is interesting-

The argument: Is it acceptable to use derogatory terms against one another?

My argument : There is no reason to call names.

What has been shown: That to some there is a justification in calling someone a Term in an offensive manner. If the party who does the offending sees it as non offensive, then it is OK? ( still working on this thought, but wanted to put it out there )

Let me pose the ever loving question.

Why is it ok for someone to call their own a name, but whoa nelly if someone else pulls it there is a war!

Ex:
Tommy: Man, my momma is such a freakin' ....
Dan: Come on man, let's go.

Dan: man your momma is such a freakin'....
Tommy- closed fisted crack to Dan's jaw-

By this I will say that yes I use the term in my tag because I don't find it offensive. But some people out there might... I can understand that. I would obviously not call them a B if they found it offensive.

ggiese said:
WTF is that about? She was just putting in here 2 cents to show her side. Are you not smart enough to see she is agitated? Stirring it up further is the best idea? You sir are wrong in this post.

Emo

I'm really grasping to understand this puritan attitude in one sense, and then a truck driver mentality in another. Clearly you are using words out of context to further your argument - such as the "whore" word - shifting the focus of the argument away from the original intent.

Now you're saying "don't call me a 'bitch', because that's offensive to me under certain circumstances", but "I am not the girl next door; I am the bitch down the street ...." is under your avatar photo...

Cheekie - you're going to have to choose a path and stick with it. You're either going to have to be a puritan, and we're just going to have to watch our mouths. Or you have a rough and tumble mentality and you're going to have to put up with ball busting. I don't see how you can have it both ways...

stevehawk said:
Cheekie said:
<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

I'm not sure your "brother" vs "sister" argument has merit. If you've been reading threads on this boards for any length of time (other than your own) then you would know that:

1. Reason is rarely used to enlighten the way of a newbie who has lost it.

2. There is a general uproar whenever anyone (male or female) expresses an opinion that is outside of agreed upon norms.

In other words, you're being treated just like the rest of us.

And for the record, I agree with Tommy that you seem to like attention. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) I personally wouldn't have applied the "Attention Whore" tag, but if I had, so what? It's a name that has a unique meaning on this board, and is not meant to imply anything of a sexual nature. As you stated in your post, "this is not the real world at times and thus the real world rules do not apply." This is a good example of that.
[snapback]276496[/snapback]​
You really come up with this shit and hide behind the good guy moniker? Stir it some why dontcha? And how is asking an honest question outside the norm? The answers are actually outside the norm. After reading your crap for so long, it is obvious to me that you are on the fringe here. Your post had merit, until you said "I personally wouldn't have applied the "Attention Whore" tag, but if I had, so what?" now it is just stirring the pot.

Emo

Emo, I don't think you're able to rationally deal with this because of your relationship with Cheekie. To be honest with you, that stuff has no place here.

emodx said:
ggiese said:
WTF is that about? She was just putting in here 2 cents to show her side. Are you not smart enough to see she is agitated? Stirring it up further is the best idea? You sir are wrong in this post.

Emo
[snapback]276513[/snapback]​

I asked a legitimate question - seeing as how Cheekie has put that word under her her avatar photo and I'm trying to understand why the double standard. I believe it to be a legitimate question, given the current discussion in this thread (please read my previous post).

Emo - my point is - I think both you and Cheekie are letting emotions run away with the argument in this thread. To take offense to that question clearly demonstrates where your head is right now...

ggiese said:
Cheekie said:
ggiese said:
BlindedByScience said:
Cheekie said:

B.B.S.

Yep! Absolutely!!!

GG-
[snapback]276490[/snapback]​

I suppose that's where Emo and I differ. You are absolutely right - I would administer a black eye to anyone who out of the clear blue called my mom, daughter, wife, sister a "whore". But if one of my fenale family members is participating on a cigar board, such as this one, there is going to be some things said that I couldn't possibly defend. It's like walking into a men's locker room and telling the guys, "Hey! My mom's in here. Knock it off!!!"

But, Cheekie - you bring up a really good example. My mother is an attention whore. There's no denying it - she just is. She can't help it. And my whole family knows it. The only person who'd take offense to anyone calling her an "attention whore" is my mother...

It really seems to me you're getting bent over something that doesn't require you being bent. You're new here - so you probably are not used to the stone busting that goes on. It does - it's a part of the board. If you take offense to it, you're really not going to like this place... Get used to it, or be prepared to fight the fight often!!! ;)
[snapback]276494[/snapback]​

to paraphrase get used to it, get over it because it is ok and it is not going to stop ( unless the powers that be get involved ) to call people derogatory terms. If you don't like it leave...
Kinda like my point with people viewing my question as a useless thread. Don't like it don't read.

In making one point you without realizing it my other point was substaciated.

Thank you

Thank you for the heads up about the boys locker room, I was the only girl out of 8 boys, I was raised to beleive that I was given no excuses because I was a girl, I went to military academy my entire life. I was the only girl to make it in to certain programs, because I didn't go crying to mother (mom was on a ship)
I dealt, I fought, and hell I gave out pleanty of bloody noses. This is not about crying to mother, this is what is right and what is wrong.

edited to change academys to academy

ggiese said:
I'm really grasping to understand this puritan attitude in one sense, and then a truck driver mentality in another. Clearly you are using words out of context to further your argument - such as the "whore" word - shifting the focus of the argument away from the original intent.

Now you're saying "don't call me a 'bitch', because that's offensive to me under certain circumstances", but "I am not the girl next door; I am the bitch down the street ...." is under your avatar photo...

Cheekie - you're going to have to choose a path and stick with it. You're either going to have to be a puritan, and we're just going to have to watch our mouths. Or you have a rough and tumble mentality and you're going to have to put up with ball busting. I don't see how you can have it both ways...
[snapback]276519[/snapback]​
LMAO, calling someone a bitch, or tiptoeing the line behind semantics is interesting. So you call her another name(implied by the post), but hide behind semantics? How about you stand behind what you say Mister.

Emo

BTW, off topic, this is why self policing doesn't work. This went from a simple diasagreement, to people purposely "sh!t talking".

Cheekie..... You are taking this way out of context. That term is used alot on this BB to identify people who post here just to say "look at me".... there is nothing about it that is sexual.

You are acting like one of the other newbies who come in here and want everything change to suit them....

Wether you like it or not this BB is 99.9% men and things will be said that you do not like..... don't take it as personal attack.

Instead of getting all pissed off about the "Attention Whore" title.... why don't you say to yourself.... "Why did he use that towards me?"

ggiese said:
emodx said:
ggiese said:

Emo
[snapback]276513[/snapback]​

I asked a legitimate question - seeing as how Cheekie has put that word under her her avatar photo and I'm trying to understand why the double standard. I believe it to be a legitimate question, given the current discussion in this thread (please read my previous post).

Emo - my point is - I think both you and Cheekie are letting emotions run away with the argument in this thread. To take offense to that question clearly demonstrates where your head is right now...
[snapback]276530[/snapback]​
Actually, my emotions are in check. But I am fighting what in my mind is the right fight. Trust me, she is going to bust my chops about my posts. But unlike a lot of other threads, she'll do it in private.

Emo