• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Pass Elective - CP212

Pass went out yesterday.

Reluctantly used USPS, since I was there anyway for another purpose.

DC was 0308 0070 0000 2309 1366.

The nice lady behind the counter said that it should arrive by Friday at the latest. But of course, she was just making chit-chat about the ski passes on my jacket.

This was a good one and made me realize how limited my choices are for small smokes. I tend to go Toro or larger. I will have to stock up on the Robustos now.

Cheers,
Chris

Khari ~

I was wondering if you could, since you had the original list, put a $ value on each line on the first page of the thread. The reason I ask is because I can not find pricing for a lot of these online, I can find boxes, but I know sometimes the single MSRP and the BOX MSRP are not the same if you divide by the quantity. Also, the price I pay, may not be what you or someone else paid and it may also help mis matched Ps & Ts.. It would really help alot. If not I'll figure something out.

Thanks.

~ t

Khari ~

I was wondering if you could, since you had the original list, put a $ value on each line on the first page of the thread...
Nope!

When determining the price of cigars for a pass, you want to use the price of a box divided by the number of cigars in a box. If you can't find a listing for a particular cigar in cigarcyclopedia.com, PM me and I'll help you. Believe me though. You learn alot by participating in passes and learning to determine the per stick price of cigars yourself.

Ok. Thnaks.

~ t

Khari ~

I was wondering if you could, since you had the original list, put a $ value on each line on the first page of the thread...
Nope!

When determining the price of cigars for a pass, you want to use the price of a box divided by the number of cigars in a box. If you can't find a listing for a particular cigar in cigarcyclopedia.com, PM me and I'll help you. Believe me though. You learn alot by participating in passes and learning to determine the per stick price of cigars yourself.

Ok folks, numbers 39 and 40 are damaged and are now considered unavailable. Matthew, can you cross them off the list when you get the box?

I sent a pm to khari to try to find out what happened to my puts.

Also, Khari can we hold the pass until I can get replacements sent to Matthew?

Thanks
Rich

Edit to add: This is really bothering me, I have been keeping up with the thread, but I wish someone could have sent me a pm as soon as this happened.

Cajun,

I had sent a PM to khari about this damage. I had asked for him to handle the damage because he is the pass boss.

Also, the damaged cigars are able to be smoked, just not perfect, so I felt it wasn't complete loss. But in previous passes, we have always been encouraged to put our best sticks in the pass. This is why I left the judgment up to khari.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers,
Chris

Cajun,

I had sent a PM to khari about this damage. I had asked for him to handle the damage because he is the pass boss.

Also, the damaged cigars are able to be smoked, just not perfect, so I felt it wasn't complete loss. But in previous passes, we have always been encouraged to put our best sticks in the pass. This is why I left the judgment up to khari.

Cheers,
Chris

I understand letting khari handling it.

I would never put a damaged, cracked, or questionable stick in a pass, pif, trade or for that matter giving it away to anyone. I have mailed sticks in PIF, and trades and never had a problem.
The cigars we're all stored in the same humidor that keeps a constant 67%.

I know the condition of the cigars before they left and just trying to figure out what happen.

How are the cigars damaged?

Rich

Cajun,

Cheers,
Chris

I would never put a damaged, cracked, or questionable stick in a pass, pif, trade or for that matter giving it away to anyone. I have mailed sticks in PIF, and trades and never had a problem.

I know the condition of the cigars before they left and just trying to figure out what happen.

Rich

I do not recollect seeing any damages to cigars in the pass.

Should we have photos of the sticks in question?

Yes! Pictures! I was hoping to see that Davidiff when it came around!

~ t

Cajun,

Cheers,
Chris

Rich

I do not recollect seeing any damages to cigars in the pass.

Should we have photos of the sticks in question?

I would love to offer up Pics, but I do not have a good mirco lens for my camera, and I have never been able to pull off shots that close with it. I will try however. Either way I will answer any questions Rich or anyone may have as to what is damaged on said sticks.

I will confirm this today, but I know a package arrived yesterday for me in the office of my building. I was home too late last night to get it, but since I expect no others I will presume it is the 212 (you try writing a sentence with four 2's in it :laugh: )

If that is the case then I have already listed my put and take above. San Crisobal for Oliva MB 3.

I will mail out Monday if that works for eveyone.

Much care

I'm set on the receiving end whenever you're ready to ship. Unlike Max'Herman'Noodle, I'm not going anywhere.

Had to get that one in, T. :laugh:

Thanks Brother! Don't fall asleep at the herf before I leave...thats all I'm sayin! :D

~ t

I'm set on the receiving end whenever you're ready to ship. Unlike Max'Herman'Noodle, I'm not going anywhere.

Had to get that one in, T. :laugh:

Once again I am putting 46 Oliva MB 3 and taking 18 San Cristobal.

The package was in good shape and the cigars all seemed fine. Plenty of moisture in the tupperdor.

Shipping today guys.

This will go out to gtadroptop.

DC 03073330000026809730

Thanks so much to everyone. I really appreciate khari letting me be apart of this fun.

Edit: :blush: Um...I forgot we are celebrating MLK Day today :blush: I will return to the post office tomorrow first thing, same DC # sorry :blush:

I'll keep an eye out for the box and start working on my P&T's.

*Pass update*

My neighbor stopped my on the way out this morning and handed me a USPS 'Sorry We Missed You' card. Apparently the postman went one house too far. Nobody was home, so he/she kept the box and made out the ticket. There was nobody home at my house either, so the same thing would have probably happened happened. Must be a new person, because they usually leave packages on the porch (or occasionally in the driveway :angry: ).

Bottom line is that USPS is holding a package for me that I'm assuming is the pass. I'm going to contact the post office to try and locate it. According to the card, the package won't be available for pick-up until after 1:00 on the 24th. This has to be a mistake. I'm sure they meant today.

Stay tuned...

If I can do anything on my end for tracking please let me know and I will be right on it.

I insured the package so they may have not wanted to leave it.

I am at your disposal sir.

If I can do anything on my end for tracking please let me know and I will be right on it.

I insured the package so they may have not wanted to leave it.

I am at your disposal sir.

Got it!!!

Mystery solved. You're correct. Because it was insured, they didn't leave it. I had to go to the USPS main distribution office today to pick it up. Such is life.

The box is a little beat up, but the pass is safe.