• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Piramide Edicion Limitada

Status
Not open for further replies.
PuroBrat said:
Cohibin, there are a lot of really great guys here at CP, they will forgive your transgressions as they forgive those who transgress against you. And there has, obviously, been a lot of transgressing in this thread, on both sides.

The fact is that most guys on this, as well as most forums, will continue to believe you are smoking fakes. That is a fact, based on the way you obtained them. I don't know you from Adam, but I personally see how your account can be true, while I am reserved as to total belief. I refuse to say you are wrong, as I feel that your account is very plausible

However, you will need to get a little thicker skin. That is what I give you as a fellow BOTL. When someone says you have fakes, you can thank them for their information, smile in the knowledge that you possess and they don't and enjoy your cigars...OR...you can fight with them and never have any peace and be followed from BB to BB and attacked every time you make a post. Fact is, the decision is yours. I personally would smile and enjoy my smokes.

I would like to see you take my advice, hang around with us, and enjoy the friendship that truly exists in this house. And in case I forgot to say it before, Welcome to CP! :D
Now there is a welcoming post!!! Thanks PuroBrat. I will heed your advise and move on, and TRY to smile to the absurd.

You're a good guy Puro, having the balls to stand out to the mainstream says a lot about one's character. Bow to you ;) At this point, as far as I'm concern, let them think they're fakes, good for all, specially for me, wouldn't want to get caught with some "legit" puros on me now would I!? :D
To my story, there is probably nothing I could do to proove it, and I'd be a pathetic looser if I were lying to myself, the rest is history and personal believe.
I appreciate you givng me at least the benefit of the doubt.

If something I would like to bring to this forum (whether is heeded or not), is the fact that real puros can be obtained at places outside the stores. In Cuba the people are in dire needs, so tabaqueros are willing to take out whatever to make ends meet. They are not the highest paid individuals, many of them are very poor. This is very different to say "buy anything from someone you don't know on the street". As a foreigner, I'll be the first to tell you, you'll get burnt. You must first be able to trace the line from the person offering you the hook up, to the guy getting the cigars out of the factory (the least people involved the better), and you will be surprised how much stuff you can get for unimaginable little $. Remember, cubans are paid by the peso. Average sallary is $100-$400 pesos a month, which is equivalent to $4-$16 USD/ mth. Some now are being paid a part in US $ but at the most it would amount to $25 USD a month.
For most cubans it's ez to get legit cigars, but it's a matter of trust. Me for example, I only go to connections proven from my immediate family members. Never go as a tourist directly to the guy, always have your proven cuban friend ask for them as if they were for his own consumption or gift. You may not always get the right box (or even a box), the right bands etc since those things are more controlled and chances are the guy at the factory won't take the risk or will never have access to those elements as he does to the vitolas pre-baned in masos. Always take a digital scale with you. Get the official weight of each cigar and weight each vitola in the maso, that's usually a good way to tell quality from crap. Also know, the official government relies heavily on tourists $$ to survive, and they will always have you believe, if you don't buy it in an outhorize dealer, it's a fake or low quality, until they scare you out of your wits for even contemplating buying from somewhere else.
The new meassures at cuban aduanas, is not to prevent the "export" of fakes. They couldn't care less if it wasn't affecting their pockets. They know most of these cigars are stolen. It's a way to force you to buy in their stores.

Hope that helps someone save some $ one day.

jordon said:
Cohibin said:
Good boy! Soon they'll let you in on their magical sources  :thumbs:
I don't need any sources. First, I live in Canada and can buy authentic Cuban cigars anytime I want. Second, I am free to travel to Cuba anytime I want to buy more authentic Cuban cigars.

And finally, I have a brod who works in the factory who can get me fake cigars anytime I want. Maybe your brod knows him.
If you call a Cohiba vitola with no band a fake cigar, then yes, your brod could get you a fake cigar anytime you want, depending on which factory he works at.

you're right, i was harsh. come to a herf here in the local NY area and meet some other forum members. we are all curious to see your cigars, if you couldn't tell.

DaveC said:
you're right, i was harsh.  come to a herf here in the local NY area and meet some other forum members.  we are all curious to see your cigars, if you couldn't tell.
Doubt you're serious. You've been encouraging and sending negative complaints to yahoo saying my items violates policies with the objective to close my auctions. That's right down to dirty and low blows. Trying to rat someone out. If you don't agree and believe they are fakes, don't bid. But going to those levels, that's beyond what I had expected from anyone on these forums.

i haven't sent anything to yahoo cohibin, and i am serious. come out and share your special cigars with the local forum readers and contributors.

i dont use yahoo auctions, nor belong to it. if you were a little more patient and read the thread you would see that it was not me threatening to do it.

Cohibin, take Dave up on his offer to join us for a HERF. There's plenty of knowledge that can be shared at a HERF. Truth be told, many of us on these BB have purchased fake Cuban cigars. That's how you learn to differentiate a real one from a fake one. The very first fake that I bought was a Cohiba Robusto. :angry: After I smoked a real one, it was down the slippery slope from there.

Matt's right. They may be Cuban tobacco but they are not Cohibas. If you continue to believe that the one's you have are real Cuban Cohibas then you are only fooling yourself. Please stop passing these off as real ones and join us for a HERF so that you can smoke a real Cohiba. :thumbs:

DaveC said:
i am new to this forum, but not new. Ask individuals like Fast4dr, moki, captainB, coventrycat, smokozuna, purobrat, phil, Tuse....
Yep... DaveC has the BEST Cohiba Culebra's around!! No doubt about it... ;)

Cohibin said:
Doubt you're serious. You've been encouraging and sending negative complaints to yahoo saying my items violates policies with the objective to close my auctions. That's right down to dirty and low blows. Trying to rat someone out. If you don't agree and believe they are fakes, don't bid. But going to those levels, that's beyond what I had expected from anyone on these forums.
Seriously dude... all jibes and jokes aside, these are not Cuban Cohiba cigars. They are pretty neat, but they are fake.

DaveC said:
i haven't sent anything to yahoo cohibin, and i am serious.  come out and share your special cigars with the local forum readers and contributors.

i dont use yahoo auctions, nor belong to it.  if you were a little more patient and read the thread you would see that it was not me threatening to do it.
Dave, the reason I say it was you, is because your post in Cigar Stogie saying "i double dog dare you" to Jimmy 's suggestion to "anyone dare me to leave something insulting in the Q&A section of the auction? i almost did it already...can't decide" post.
Well guess what? He took your advise and did so. I got his Q&A which I deleted and he was one of the people who sent the report to Yahoo. The other was HABANA MIKE from the same forum.
What's next, you'll have, someone from the Office of Foreign Assets Control after me?? What's a HERF anyway. Isn't that the HTML code term used for hyperlinks, or a puff?
http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.ph...54&page=6&pp=15

Yes, a Herf is when you get together with other Gar Brothers and smoke some cigars, talk cigars and generally enjoy the company of fellow smokers. And if I were you, I would certain'y try and get to one, with DaveC if possible, because in spite of his actions in this issue :angry: he is GOOD PEOPLE.

I think you will be glad you did. And I know he, as well as many of us, is dying to see those cigars.

I must say, that I am not an expert in Cuban Cohibas, and I will not even speculate on the Cohibaness, but I have no reason to doubt that they were rolled at the same factory and are authentic Cuban Cigars. The pipe is very interesting :p

Thanks PuroBrat. Right now I'm still amazed that someone would do that. My trust still has to be 100% restored, specially towards Dave C. That guy Jimmy and Havana are on my sh.. list for good. No herfing with them. I'd be herfing and looking over my shoulder... :lookup:
Anyway, I covered my ass and revamped my auctions. Should be ok now. Where do these herfs take place?

not to make any sort of attack on you, sir....but as a newbie here myself I feel that it is I who must gain the trust of the regulars here, not the other way around. Perhaps you'd have more luck making new friends if you weren't so abrasive.

If you get blue squares, do you get free smokes?? :D
Where do these herfs take place?

It is my understanding that the NY herfs take place typically at a place called Palmers ???

I have to say that even though some of these guys were rather abrasive, there will never be a reason to look over your shoulder. Besides, let's face it, you envited a lot of it by the way you responded to the first attack :( , but we already covered that yesterday.

Cigar Pass IS "the friendliest cigar board on the net" and each and every person who is a member here is dedicated to keeping it that way. :D If not, they won't be here long. This is a Family, and a dang good one I might add. :thumbs:

Cohibin, whether you trust me or not doesn't matter, i don't plan on buying not trading you for your fine cigars. you trust your connection in Havana and that should be enough for you, why come to these forums to validate it?

Status
Not open for further replies.