• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dark Lord Day 2009

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='834149' date='Mar 17 2009, 03:46 AM']Got mine :D[/quote]
Oh yeah! :D

I just got this email

DLD 2009 Golden Tickets Are Selling Out!

I wouldnt expect this to last the next hour

Form the Dark Lord Site.

Golden Tickets Sold Out!
We’re still pretty overwhelmed here, but it looks like all of the Golden Tickets have sold out. In a matter of about four hours we’ve had over two thousand people purchase Golden Tickets for Dark Lord bottles at Dark Lord Day 2009.

At just before 5:30AM eastern time we flipped the switch on sales page and within three minutes the first die hard Dark Lord fan made the first Golden Ticket purchase. Since then we’ve had almost a dozen purchases every MINUTE - and we really don’t know what to say other than Thank You…

Thank You to all the people who came out in such resounding numbers and with such strong support for what we’re trying to accomplish this year with our Dark Lord sale. Each and every one of you is going to help make a significant difference to local charities with your ticket purchase.

For those of you who were not able to purchase tickets in time we sincerely apologize that we were not able to offer more tickets at this time. But don’t fret - you’ve still got a great day ahead of you on April 25th if you choose to attend Dark Lord Day 2009.

There is still a possibility - once we review the buyers for repeat purchases and check out our Dark Lord production as we near the day of the event - that you may be able to get a ticket. We can’t make any promises, but we haven’t really ever been able to do that with our Dark Lord bottles sale.

For now we’ve got to rip through all these purchases and make sure that we resolve any issues that might have cropped during the sale. Give us a day or two to catch up and then we’ll update everyone - both ticket holders and non-ticket holders - with an update about the status of tickets and of the upcoming event.

I noticed a few guys over on Beer Advocate putting out ISO: Golden Ticket threads. Several of them have already been hooked up so if anyone missed out I am sure there are still ways to get tickets.

Does anyone know how many bottles per ticket we are going to be allowed or at least a rough guess?

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='834278' date='Mar 17 2009, 09:43 AM']Does anyone know how many bottles per ticket we are going to be allowed or at least a rough guess?[/quote]

Its typically a 6 bottle limit per person. They say they are waiting to find out what the yield will be for this years version to set the limit but hopefully we will know soon.

Me and two friends will be making the trip from Pittsburgh. We will be staying about 6 miles away from the brewery on Friday night and in Chicago Saturday and Sunday. Let me know what you guys have going on so we can all meet up.

Me and two friends will be making the trip from Pittsburgh. We will be staying about 6 miles away from the brewery on Friday night and in Chicago Saturday and Sunday. Let me know what you guys have going on so we can all meet up.

We will be doing the opposite.

You should try extremely hard to come out Thursday. As the Chicago guys are taking the Out of towners on a Pub Crawl.

Thursday. Pub crawl in the city.
(Kuma's corner for lunch, Piece for some beer, Gosse Island for beer, Risque cafe for belgians, Map room for bottles,hopeleaf for bottles, Top off the night at Sheffields..the best Beer bar in the city)

Friday head towards indiana. Stopping off at Rock Bottom Orland Park than Flossmoor Station for the pre-DLD party. Staying in Munster 1/4 mile away from Brewery.

Saturday:Go to FFF and hang out with the CP crew. Stay night at Hotel for Beer tastings and Trading.

Sunday head home.

My current plan is to drive up on Friday. Stay in the area Friday go down to Bloomington Saturday evening and home on Sunday. I hope to picking up a motorcycle in Bloomington. If I can get some good results at work it is possible that I convince my boss to let me have Thursday off too.

Spoke to Alex tonight and the plan is starting to come into place. Any locals or out of towners who are going to be in the Chicago area Thursday and or Friday give us a shout as we are planning to hit a few places including Goose Island, Peace brewing and pizza and more. Should be an awesome time.

We will be heading to Munster Friday afternoon, getting some sleep and hitting FFF early Saturday. Tim/Keith - you guys still planning to bring the grill, meat and fixins so we can turn this mother out the right way?? :laugh:

EDIT - I am planning to bring a 12 bottle styro shipper with me so I can bring my DL home. I will pack it with some beer to drink while there. Lemme know what you guys can't get or want to try so I can bring it with me. :cool:

I'm down with some tailgating. My plan is to get there early, get our DL, and then tailgate after. I expect to be in line just as long as last year, I don't think the Golden Tickets will change that much. We were in line at 9:30 got our DL at 1:30, tailgating after that. I need a count of people that are meeting up with our group and staying to eat and sample beers in the afternoon.

I need a count of people that are meeting up with our group and staying to eat and sample beers in the afternoon.

We have four in our crew: Me, my bro, Alex and Jason. It sounds like there will be up to five or so more guys/gals from CP coming out based on this thread.

I'm coming with about five locals with, plenty of different beers to share. When do they send out the Golden Tickets, or do you just take your printed receipt?

Back