• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Election 2004 Pass

Just to add a note...I am not making a claim about this situation, as the numbers do appear to speak for themselves. However, over the past seveal months, one of the only guys who seemed to be as anal about $-for-$ pricing as I, was GP ???

I'll admit my mistake if corrected, but this has been my perception.

Cheers,
Dixie

PM sent to Cameroon4me on Addy need.

By the way CC empty your inbox so PM's can be sent to you.

Just to prove I am a compasionate Conservative and not a putts :p

Let me first say that Cohibasurfer and I have worked out our differences.

We have come up with a solution to rectify my "misjudgment"....sorry CC. You should have told me earlier you had a problem.

PAMS are apparently not valued at what I was under the impression they were.

Hense forth, since CC has a full PM box, I suggested this solution to Cohibasurfer and he and I feel this will rectify the situation. Since I can't ask CC, Cohibasurfer suggested I proceed to expidite the PASS and get this behind all of us.
My original PAM is to cover the La Flor Dominicana Chisel maduro that I am now keeping.

I am forwarding a BTL to Psytek to spice up the domestics and cover the Diamond Crown Magnum that I am also keeping. There was a debate several months back on the value of the BTL but since Cohibasurfer is happy with my choice of sticks then the BTL works for me too.

There are some heavy hitters in this pass so I am sure they will be able to take advantage of this particular stick.

This should ratify my particular situation.

DC# 01038555749288790193

Everyone learns/Everyone wins :thumbs:

dixieland_conjunction said:
Just to add a note...I am not making a claim about this situation, as the numbers do appear to speak for themselves. However, over the past seveal months, one of the only guys who seemed to be as anal about $-for-$ pricing as I, was GP ???

I'll admit my mistake if corrected, but this has been my perception.

Cheers,
Dixie
Thanks for the defense of character.

By the way, he is refering to my online pricing system where I maintain an ongoing list of current inventory of the pass with retail prices listed. Makes for easy P&T's but it is alot of work. Gunpowders web page

I almost offered to keep the anal price database I offer on this one too but the ISOMS were going to be a problem for me and I thought I need to be less ANAL....I was wrong!

I think all three problems would have not have occured using my online pricing solution or a comon database as others and I support. I am pretty busy now also and ANAL takes time to work it properly :0

Anyways, I have this thing solved according to Cohibasurfer and we are back rolling with their faith in me restored I hope.

vewyphishy said:
I still think a CP price guide would be a good idea. That way, there's nothing to argue about. Everyone will go into trades, passes, etc knowing exactly what their sticks are worth and what others on this board will value their sticks at. Yes, there is a price difference from one part of the country to another... so use an acceptable online retailer as a median.

"High-end Lotto" said:
If you are paying $8 for a common $4 stick, you need to find another tobacconist.

Just a suggestion.
I still have hundreds of sticks priced with the source on my webpage from a few of the other Passes I have done the inventory for. I am not planning to delete those pages so if a database ever comes to lite then there are prices for some sticks already collected.

Problem is that someone would have to annually check to confirm that the price is still accurate and there are alot of sticks out there to be priced. A lot of labor for a select few willing to help crete and maintain a database of prices.

I still think it would be a great resource.

I've been watching this carefully since I am participating in my first pass as we speak and didn't want this to happen to me. ???

Maybe an easier suggestion would be to agree to a common price list like JR's or CI as the rule of thumb for a pass. This would take the work load off of some anal BOTL that would have to compile a list and keep it updated. This way there is no confusion for the newbies like myself who don't want to come off as looking cheap or like they are taking advantage of the generosity of the other board members.

I know there are always deals out there for cigars but on average the prices are pretty steady. An list of agreed upon online vendors would make it fair for everyone.

Now I will go back to minding my own business :lookup:

For pricing most lower to medium valued cigar in the previous Passses I participated in CI was used first then Jr and Famous in that order. I also use atlanticcigar who handles some premium cigars. Make sure you use the same site for your puts and takes if at all possible.

As for the super premiums, I have no idea and would like to expand my bookmarks to keep me out of trouble;)

If someone could PM me or post here online dealers that deal in upper level items that maintains inventory I would appreciate it. I have not found a good site yet for Don Carlos, upper level fuente's, Opus, and other super premiums.

Another habit I am personally considering adopting is listing my puts and takes with the price and dealer source for the price next to that item for all to see. BY the way also use box prices as mentioned earlier.

Something like this Gunpowder?

Take: Name / $$$ / Source -----> Put: Name / $$$ / Source

The source would be any from a standard accepted list, for example:

Atlantic Cigar
Cigar International
Holt's
JR Cigars
McCraines
Serious Cigars
Smokeall
Thompson's Dog Rocket and Phone Spam Emporium
Tobacco Barn

As GP stated, same source used per individual P&Ts when possible. Anything stated as rare / uncommon (Opus X /BTL/ Hemmi maddies/ all puts by Moki/ PAM '26, etc) would need preapproval by the host or pass participants.

...and for habanos:

Take Name / $$$ / Source By Request ----> Put: Name /$$$ / Source By Request

The "source by request" would be clarrified by the host if questions on the stated pricing became an issue.

At least this way a player's intent isn't called into question because the merits of their research is posted for approval.

Does this kinda look familiar Dixie? ;)

You guy's are putting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much thought into this. In case you missed it...RUN IT BY THE HOST, OR ASK SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE!! All that work to check on a couple of cigars, take a couple of cigars and pay to ship it out! I would think you have better things to do with your time! This is not rocket science!! ASK ME! I WILL HELP!! ;) Trust me, it will all work out! Don't be afraid to ask! There are no stupid questions (well, except "how do you nail Jello to a tree" but that is sumthin' different) when you want to learn!!

I need an aspirin!
:(

JOE.M. said:
You guy's are putting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much thought into this. In case you missed it...RUN IT BY THE HOST, OR ASK SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE!! All that work to check on a couple of cigars, take a couple of cigars and pay to ship it out! I would think you have better things to do with your time! This is not rocket science!! ASK ME! I WILL HELP!! ;) Trust me, it will all work out! Don't be afraid to ask! There are no stupid questions (well, except "how do you nail Jello to a tree" but that is sumthin' different) when you want to learn!!

I need an aspirin!
:love:

JOE.M. said:

I need an aspirin!
I think the JoeM has stated it right.
Once again, there seems to be a knee jerk reaction to an occasional incident that is getting corrected by itself. We already have pass rules and guidelines here, and as a newbie, I didn't follow them correctly, end of story.

How long have you folks been doing this? Please guys, dont make this into rocket science, it takes all the fun out of it.
A simple column on the put/take sheet giving a nice round "ballpark" figure should be more than sufficient to avoid similar fubars in the future.

I messed up, and I'm fixing it. The Ashton and Pam are going out to BenJiev to get put back in the pass tomorrow. (Friday 9/10) DC#0304 1070 0001 5228 2612

It's my fault, I was rushing to get it out the door, and didn't leave enough time for CC or another FOG to check my puts and takes. In the future I will give more time for people to check out my puts and takes BEFORE shipping them out, like the rest of you fine BOTL'S do. ;)

Lets move on now, theres nothing else to see here,
Peace,
John V.

Joe some of us are really anal when we have our head on straight :p

Miles-Yes...look at link below.

Want to really see a sad sight click here:
Gunpowder at his best

This one noted more sources (JR, CI, Atlantic) as I perfected my methods.
Another Pass

Time consuming but I really learned alot and actually enjoyed it in a sick sort of way :p
I looked up each cigar traded in this and three other passes and kept a daily inventory. It was great for newbies and there were never any hickups.

Joe we also used FOGs also so it was the best of both worlds and a lot fo newbies learned alot in those passes.

Ok ... all the horses have been led to water! This discussion can be moved to the other threads in the Lobby if need be. CC has replied to me through PM. He is satisfied with everything as are all the players that are involved. Cam4 has stepped up as of MMM's reply ( a little on the radical side ) and is compfortable with that. His main objective was to keep his name, which I for one think he went overboard, so I certainly respect the man. GP has realized his judgement error and doesn't feel sorry for the "next guy" anymore ;) . All is right and good. I hope you all have fun and again... don't fret if you make a newbie mistake. It's not that big of a deal if you learn something.

Let me add ... I am not the God and Almighty of cigar passes, just a messenger who is not afraid to write the first sentence on the sounding board!

CC ... you can come out now ...LMAO! ;)

Back to the regular scheduled pass at hand.

Ohh and all questions about P's & T's should be sent to Joe.M. :p

Ohh and all questions about P's & T's should be sent to Joe.M. :p

Joe M has no idea what he's doing or talking about :p I've dealt w/ this newbie and he's screwed in the head :D

:sign:

Getting back to the important stuff....namely ME!!

Got home from work last night with about half of a J.L. Salazar Hermanos to finish up, so I plunked down in the lawn chair and.......

Golly gee, there really ARE black helicopters!!!! :sign:

Pass arrived safely with much political stuff. P&T's to be posted later, and I ain't askin'
NOBODy about 'em! So there!!!

OK, one question. How did a pass box that's still so new end up with more tape than cardboard!! :sign:

It arrived to me a little beat up. I had to re-open it once, which would account for some extra tape.

OK, P&T's are done. The pass is gonna have to wait for a bit while I wait for Gunpowder's returns to arrive. Likely it'll go out Monday, so HEADS UP benjiev!!!

Takes:
5. Quintero Brevas 04/04
12. San Cristobal La Fuerza 01/01
14. Vegas Robaina Farm Rolled

Puts:
38: Partagas 8-9-8 Unvar. '83
39. Cuaba Generosos '03
40. Savinelli E.L.R. robusto
41. H. Upmann Magnum 46 3/03
42. Fuente Anejo 50

So everybody sit tight, we'll get this show on the road ASAP. :D

Wonderful starter selection, CC! Thanks for letting me play and try some new Cubans. :thumbs:

Edit: 43. Fuente BTL forwarded by Gunpowder.

Geez did I miss somethin or what. I have actually been doing some real "city governin" out here, sitting through 2 days of intense interviews for the selection of our new City Manager, and a little politicing at our local city celebration called Newcastle Days.

Now let me get this straight Men (and I am using the term loosely since you sound like a bunch of Jewish Grandmothers to me at times), are we trading Gold and precious metals ... maybe rubies and diamond ... or are we just enjoying trading a few cigars amounst brothers. Anyway it looks like everything has been resolved and we are back in bidniz. Looking forward to getting the package.. I'll even collect some of the local political stuff that is being passed out at the town celebration for those down the road to read or line their bird cages with LOL.

This year we have a new primary system here in WA to select final candidates which requires you to choose a party and only vote your party line no crossing over. If you do your ballot is VOIDED out and doesn't count :angry: Mass confusion amonst the citizenry on top of the fact that they didn't put enough return postage on the envelop is going to cost the taxpayers another 20-30k in postage.......... Geez I love politics!

BenjieV :thumbs: :D

The GOP here in Utah did this with their primary. You had to declare yourself a Republican and sign an agreement to that effect in order to vote. BIG backlash, with a lot of registered Republicans refusing to vote. :D

OK Ben, out to you on Monday, you should have it by Wednesday. :thumbs:

camaroon4me said:
Thats all that anyone can ask is to have some constructive advice given when these things come up...
is this the "constructive advice" to which you refer?

cohibasurfer @ Sep 7 2004 said:
Let me see... how do I put this....

<cough>BULL****<cough>

:sign: Sorry Cohiba! I had to say it!! :p :p :p

:thumbs: