• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Everyday, not just Opening Day

19th season in the majors , 14th with Detroit

Paying $30M for a DH stings - but that Old English D will look great in Cooperstown

Cooperstown is a great place to visit, for any baseball fan. I haven’t been in 30 years, so I can only imagine how much it’s changed.

So annoyed that the Phillies game isn't on my pirated tv today for some reason!

I don't think I'd even recognize it down there from what I hear.
You probably would not. There are a lot of newer places in the area, mixed in with some of the older ones. Mcshanes is still there.

They call it “the corner ballpark” now, and condos have sprung up around the outfield. In the front along Michigan avenue are lofts with businesses underneath.

There used to be a small business that sold jerseys and stuff, and you could basically walk in, pick something out, tell him what name and he would stitch it up for you. You just came back later and picked it up. Unfortunately he is gone. I don’t know if it was COVID related thing, but the business doesn’t exist anymore, at least not there.

You probably would not. There are a lot of newer places in the area, mixed in with some of the older ones. Mcshanes is still there.

They call it “the corner ballpark” now, and condos have sprung up around the outfield. In the front along Michigan avenue are lofts with businesses underneath.

There used to be a small business that sold jerseys and stuff, and you could basically walk in, pick something out, tell him what name and he would stitch it up for you. You just came back later and picked it up. Unfortunately he is gone. I don’t know if it was COVID related thing, but the business doesn’t exist anymore, at least not there.
Only thing I really remember from my trips there in my formative years is walking across the overpass to the stadium hoping I didn't get stabbed.

very cool pic much respect. went to the yankees opener. what a way to open the season

Only thing I really remember from my trips there in my formative years is walking across the overpass to the stadium hoping I didn't get stabbed.
Haha! Mine was buying peanuts on the way in, in brown paper bags.

Hoskins is raking, double happy since he's on my fantasy team too.

ETA: Harper looks like he did the start of last year. Can't believe he won the MVP with how bad he was for quite a while.

Harper has to be the most frustrating player to have to cheer for in the MLB. Last year was terrible until the Phils were already out of it, then had a historic second half of the season. Already hurt this year so can't play in the field, and isn't hitting as a DH. Don't even get me started on his base running...

Nola can't catch a break. 3 infield hits, 2 broken bat bloop hits, and a blown call at 1st in the first 2 innings.