• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Great American Beer Festival '09

I am all set boys.

Airfare and rooms booked.

I am doing Thursday to Saturday.

Anyone flying in on Thursday thats wants to split a cab? Into the city?

Just to make sure we are still doing Thursday event?

So I can go ahead and get that also.? Is it cheaper for a local to buy it for me?

What time you arrive Thursday?
I get in at 11am, Carps gets in at 10am.

-Rob

I get in at 11:50.
Let me know if you guys want to wait. If we are all at the same hotel we can drop our bags off and grab lunch and beer(s) at rock bottom downtown.
You guys can kill time in the smoking lounge (Yes you can smoke cigars!!) or kill some time at the bar.
Lemme know!

I am working on it. My parents are big beers drinkers, so we are looking into making it a drunk family trip. Need to find a family member to watch our 2 year old, then we will be set to drink!! I hope to have an answer soon, maybe I will ask for this for my Birthday!

I am all set boys.

Airfare and rooms booked.

I am doing Thursday to Saturday.

Anyone flying in on Thursday thats wants to split a cab? Into the city?

Just to make sure we are still doing Thursday event?

So I can go ahead and get that also.? Is it cheaper for a local to buy it for me?

What time you arrive Thursday?
I get in at 11am, Carps gets in at 10am.

-Rob

I get in at 11:50.
Let me know if you guys want to wait. If we are all at the same hotel we can drop our bags off and grab lunch and beer(s) at rock bottom downtown.
You guys can kill time in the smoking lounge (Yes you can smoke cigars!!) or kill some time at the bar.
Lemme know!

We'll figure it out...
Not sure if Carps wants to kill 2 hours at the airport.

Is the smoking lounge one of those glassed in super smoky rooms?

FYI, Carps and I are staying at the Towneplace Suites by Marriot.
It's 1 mile from the Convention Center.

-Rob

I don't want to hang around for two hours. Sour tasting Jonas? I will be bringing some very nice goodies.

GABF 2009? Yeah, I might be in... :sign:

Yeah boy! Its going to be another awesome year. It would be nice to get a running list of those planning to attend so we can start planning events around the event.

In case you are on the fence, here is the tentative list for our sour tasting...

RR Supplication
RR Temptation
RR Beatification (750ml)
RR Consecration (750ml)
Cuvee De Castleton
Surly Two
Allagash Gargamel
Cantillon Blabaer
La Folie 2004
Cable Car
Black Folie
Falling Rock La Folie
Duchesse Brute

Holy shit. Cable car, blabaer, and gargamel!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, I've had to scrap my plans for this year's festivities. I was tapped to be an adjunct faculty member here at Villanova this fall, and the course I'm teaching meets on Thursdays. I'll be sending a care package out Jonas' way, though...keep an eye out.

Well.....

Count me out, the wife said we have too much going on this year.. I hope I can make the event next year.. Make sure you take some pics.

Who's bringing what for the tasting? Trying to figure out everything that's coming so I can make sure to bring a few different things.

Are we actually going to have a Herf at my place this year? Last year it was just Alex and Bruce. (That's a pretty ugly train)

I'm trying to get this together. Right now, it's not looking good. My "fun money" is getting short and I'm looking to start homebrewing here in a couple of weeks and that's going to trim that even more.

I'd almost certainly have to drive which basically makes the trip 2 days longer. It is hideously expensive to fly out of this God forsaken place.

Who's bringing what for the tasting? Trying to figure out everything that's coming so I can make sure to bring a few different things.

Justin, I plan on packing bullfrog frambozen. I could barely review two sours at a tasting, so this will be insane.

Jonas a box is coming your way ... So far Cuvee de Tomme will be in there for everyone, I will also throw in an AleSmith Decadence 2008 and Jolly Pumpkin Madrugada Obscura. Hope you all enjoy!

Justin, I plan on packing bullfrog frambozen. I could barely review two sours at a tasting, so this will be insane.

Looks like there will be a pretty decent crowd for this tasting, I am not sure it would be worth opening 375ml bottles as the sample sizes would be an ounce or less. What do you guys think?

And BTW Matt, yes, I think there will be a better crowd than last year unless Alex and Bruce want to be alone...

Wow this came up quick!! I will see if I can work this out with out. It would be a blast.

Looks like there will be a pretty decent crowd for this tasting, I am not sure it would be worth opening 375ml bottles as the sample sizes would be an ounce or less. What do you guys think?

And BTW Matt, yes, I think there will be a better crowd than last year unless Alex and Bruce want to be alone...

Jonas, how many guys are we talking? 375s are to small. it would make reviewing impossible based on sample size. Anyone have a 750 blabaer? :) Is everyone bringing something who will be tasting?

Jonas, how many guys are we talking? 375s are to small. it would make reviewing impossible based on sample size. Anyone have a 750 blabaer? :) Is everyone bringing something who will be tasting?

I am guessing 8-10. And yeah everyone who comes should bring something and its no big deal if its rare or not. Having good beers, sours or not and rare or not will be nice and make for a better tasting.

I am guessing 8-10. And yeah everyone who comes should bring something and its no big deal if its rare or not. Having good beers, sours or not and rare or not will be nice and make for a better tasting.

What day is the tasting?

Add Duck Ducke Geueze, De Proef Flemish Primitive Ale, and a Cantillon Geueze (can't remember which one it is) to the list of stuff I'm bringing? Should I only bring sours our should I bring some other stuff too?

• RR Supplication
  • RR Temptation
  • RR Beatification (750ml)
  • RR Consecration (750ml)
  • Cuvee De Castleton
  • Surly Two
  • Allagash Gargamel
  • Cantillon Blabaer
  • La Folie 2004
  • Cable Car
  • Black Folie
  • Falling Rock La Folie
  • Duchesse Brute
  • Bullfrog Frambozen
  • Duck Duck Gooze
  • De Proef Flemish Primitive Ale
  • Cantillon Geueze
  • Cuvee de Tomme
  • Jolly Pumpkin Madrugada Obscura (I think this has wild yeast so may be considered a sour/funky stout)

Man this is one hell of a line-up ... it makes me sad! =(
Throw an ounce of each in zip lock bags .... and ship them to me so I may have a few drops of this oh so sweet nectar!
JK sounds like a great evening ... maybe you uys should do grilled salmon and shrimps with all those sours mmmm.

Looks like I'm going to have to bow out this year. :(

Starting a new job and need to be here.