• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gun Case Humidor Build

Can't get that link to display for me in my Cigar Caddy link.. maybe just post the url:

That one doesn't work for me either.

I know. Me neither.. but when I paste it in it goes. Anyway, simply search "beads" on cigarpage.com. They're running a scorcher as we speak too.. maybe a lot of traffic?

Out of the original 10 lbs, how much did you end up using for where you're at now?
I know. Me neither.. but when I paste it in it goes. Anyway, simply search "beads" on cigarpage.com. They're running a scorcher as we speak too.. maybe a lot of traffic?
I just put all ten pounds in my coolerdors in the legs of pantyhose (not used) to make long skinny snakes at the back. There are two snakes in each coolerdor, one on the bottom and one on the shelf.
1649258420772.png

What you have is "gel", I'm not sure what cigarpage has for sale?

I bought 2 big jugs of the pure silica ones. Have been using them for a long time and can't imagine anything more stable. I go months at a time not doing anything and it holds rock steady. Have had many years to get it dialed in too though, the orbeez were the final piece.
Justin, how do you use the orbeez? Do you put a dish of them in? Mix them with beads?

🙊🙊🙊🤣 guys! GUYS!! I’m standing in the humidor of my local shop RN. They just moved their shop to a double spot in the same strip mall. Nice big brand new walk in humidor. They build the entire thing with RED CEDAR! 🤣🤣🤣 fuuuck it’s aromatic in here.

image.jpg

Grabbed a couple and saved their lives from sitting in a red cedar humidor

🙊🙊🙊🤣 guys! GUYS!! I’m standing in the humidor of my local shop RN. They just moved their shop to a double spot in the same strip mall. Nice big brand new walk in humidor. They build the entire thing with RED CEDAR! 🤣🤣🤣 fuuuck it’s aromatic in here.

View attachment 53918

How do you own a shop and build an entire walk-in humidor and not know that Spanish Cedar is not really cedar?

View attachment 53918

Did you say anything to them?

Did you say anything to them?
I did, but the two young ladies that were working just kinda shrugged and said “we just work here”

It’s a “smoke shop” not just a cigar shop, so I’m not surprised. They should stick to vaping.

What you have is "gel", I'm not sure what cigarpage has for sale?

They have them in 1lb bags of silica gel beads by Cigar Caddy. It's odd how their link won't work from here... despite it rendering here.

I have 2 little dishes of them in there. When they start shrinking, I pour a little distilled water on them.
I ordered some! Probably way more than I need but it said they are good for special needs development so I will give the rest to @jfields 😂

whats the difference between orbeez and silica beads? I have a jar of "humi-care" advanced bead humidification, i'm guessing those are more of the orbeez type beads and the silica beads I bought on amazon aren't the same? Maybe that's why I was expecting the silica beads to grow as they started to absorb humidity?

😂 Oopsie! I meant to make enough for three little dishes. A teaspoon turned into a half gallon.

20220408_081236.jpg

whats the difference between orbeez and silica beads? I have a jar of "humi-care" advanced bead humidification, i'm guessing those are more of the orbeez type beads and the silica beads I bought on amazon aren't the same? Maybe that's why I was expecting the silica beads to grow as they started to absorb humidity?
Orbeez are just a toy for kids, but as Justin @smellysell pointed out, they could be a simple source of water in the humi to help during dry seasons. I'm surmising, but ........ as opposed to placing a dish of water in the humi, put a dish of these in there and they will slowly release humidity as needed, dictated by your beads.

Orbeez are just a toy for kids, but as Justin @smellysell pointed out, they could be a simple source of water in the humi to help during dry seasons. I'm surmising, but ........ as opposed to placing a dish of water in the humi, put a dish of these in there and they will slowly release humidity as needed, dictated by your beads.
Correct and yeah, it doesn't take much! 😂 I'm sure a given, but just in case, hydrate them with distilled water.