• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

This can go in the happy thread now, but we had a scare yesterday with are Frenchie. We found out the hard way that the plant Lantana is very poisonous if ingested. I have had these plants in our landscaping my entire life and never heard of it being poisonous. I just happened to look out back to check on Roxy and Daisy and I almost had a heart attack from what I saw. Roxy was stumbling around in a daze and with major swelling. I feel extremely lucky that I looked out when I did because I am not sure if she would have made it, if not noticed so quickly. I rushed her to an emergency Vet that again lucky is just 5 minutes from me, where they took care of our fur baby. Here is a pick approximately 30 minutes after ingesting some of the plant, she was worse by the time I got her into the Vet. Also a pic from this morning feeling much better.
View attachment 63403
View attachment 63404
Wow. So glad it turned out in the happy thread. Pups tend to get into the craziest mishaps. Thank god for the happy morning after picture

This "young" man was a student of mine 27 years ago (I taught Elementary PE). Once a year when he's back in town we have a cigar or two and some drinks. Always a good feeling
View attachment 63400
Joe, that is terrific! That has to make ya feel good for him to stay in touch. Another stellar example that seegars bring folks together. Yer a good man, Charlie Brown!

Floyd T

Had an important exam today and I felt well prepared for it.
I did horrible on this test. Worst grade I have gotten since returning to school. 76.66%. Below 80 is a failing grade in this program. Luckily, its the cumulative grade below 80 that matters. Presently, with this grade included, I have an 85.96%. My Final exam is the only thing left and its worth 24% of my overall grade. According to the grade calculators out there, I need to get above a 61.1% to stay above an 80%. A 77% to keep my B and an 86% to keep my current grade of 86%. An A is out of the question. So as much as it was a disappointment on this past test (I got a lot of 50/50 choices wrong due to over thinking), I have accrued enough points to give me a good cushion for the last exam. I have one more test tomorrow for another class, and then its straight Final Exams from there on out.

Just had an interview, for something completely out of my comfort zone, which is what I need. I interviewed with the Tulsa Ballet, for their GM role and am honestly excited about it. My daughter danced in the Nutcracker for years and the CEO, sounds like a great guy. There might be ballet pictures of me, in the future. I know some of you are jealous!

I'm currently working at FedEx in the mornings at the TUL airport. Hours are 3:30am-7:30am and I can honestly say I like it. It's one of those jobs that you just show up and do. I get steps in, I handle packages (just for you @jfields ) and I get to drive tugs on the ramp. It's fun, but it's not going to sustain us.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any positive thoughts, as this unemployed shit is for the birds.

Just had an interview, for something completely out of my comfort zone, which is what I need. I interviewed with the Tulsa Ballet, for their GM role and am honestly excited about it. My daughter danced in the Nutcracker for years and the CEO, sounds like a great guy. There might be ballet pictures of me, in the future. I know some of you are jealous!

I'm currently working at FedEx in the mornings at the TUL airport. Hours are 3:30am-7:30am and I can honestly say I like it. It's one of those jobs that you just show up and do. I get steps in, I handle packages (just for you @jfields ) and I get to drive tugs on the ramp. It's fun, but it's not going to sustain us.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any positive thoughts, as this unemployed shit is for the birds.
I mean, you already have a tiara.

I'd send a '64 or two to see you in a tutu. Seriously Ben, at least you are getting off your azz and working, and sending resumes. Beats the unemployment check routine. We are all on your side and hope the genie in the bottle comes out and you score.

Anyone who told you tugging packages isn't sustainable never met Fancy.

After 18 months of very limited hours while she was working on her doctorate, and then the last 8 months getting her practice started, checks are starting to roll in for my wife from insurance companies (don't get me started on those a**holes!).

As exciting as the prospect of not being broke is, it's even better seeing her not stressed about whether or not everything is going to work out before we ran out of money.

After 18 months of very limited hours while she was working on her doctorate, and then the last 8 months getting her practice started, checks are starting to roll in for my wife from insurance companies (don't get me started on those a**holes!).

As exciting as the prospect of not being broke is, it's even better seeing her not stressed about whether or not everything is going to work out before we ran out of money.

That’s awesome! We know your vices, what are hers, that she’ll finally get to spend a little hard earned money on?

It's awesome to hear how someone's hard work starts to pay off!

Congrats to her for the achievement and you for marrying up!🤣