• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

Been a busy little beaver the last week or so, with our household goods arriving and having to unpack everything. That's the worst part of moving -- they could have kept 3/4 of the shit we've accumulated over the years, and I wouldn't have been at all upset. We picked up my vehicle yesterday down in Rotterdam, so we now have transportation if we need something beyond the bus/train system. That's happy. The unhappy is that it cost almost €150.00 to fill the tank... so there won't be that much driving going on. :p

Overall, wife is home, kid is happy as a pre-teen gets, dog is sleeping here on the bed with me, and I've got nothing I can realistically complain about. Let's see where the rest of the day takes us...

I remember
Been a busy little beaver the last week or so, with our household goods arriving and having to unpack everything. That's the worst part of moving -- they could have kept 3/4 of the shit we've accumulated over the years, and I wouldn't have been at all upset. We picked up my vehicle yesterday down in Rotterdam, so we now have transportation if we need something beyond the bus/train system. That's happy. The unhappy is that it cost almost €150.00 to fill the tank... so there won't be that much driving going on. :p

Overall, wife is home, kid is happy as a pre-teen gets, dog is sleeping here on the bed with me, and I've got nothing I can realistically complain about. Let's see where the rest of the day takes us...
paying over 5k to the movers when we moved to West Virginia and still having to make 8 trips with a truck and trailer to get everything else. When it was all said and done, we had a very large basement packed with a bunch of junk I ended up throwing out and donating to charity. What a waste of time and money that was.

I remember

paying over 5k to the movers when we moved to West Virginia and still having to make 8 trips with a truck and trailer to get everything else. When it was all said and done, we had a very large basement packed with a bunch of junk I ended up throwing out and donating to charity. What a waste of time and money that was.

Moving sucks, plain and simple. I guess that's why we haven't moved in 15 years :)

Sad part is, I tried to donate or give away to friends tons of stuff before we moved, but there's still so much left over. Anyone wanna come and take anything...? :D

I've moved twice in my life. Both times ruined my back. The GF wants to move to a bigger place in the coming years, so I'm not really looking forward to that.

Are you harnessed?
No sir. We have hand rails and ladder cages that meet osha standards. But there is a couple feet of leg sway so it’s not for the faint of heart. We do harness for all of our boom lifts and man baskets

edit: sadly osha is apparently moving away from ladder cages which I am VERY against! It will not be a fun climb knowing there’s no cage to catch you, because this particular leg is off set, so when you’re climbing, you don’t have the building underneath you.

WoW, stay safe up there H.

Heighest I can remember being is 50ft while we put the rafters on my house; and that was mighty uncomfortable. You will have a harness after they take away the ladder cages?

WoW, stay safe up there H.

Heighest I can remember being is 50ft while we put the rafters on my house; and that was mighty uncomfortable. You will have a harness after they take away the ladder cages?
Negative. In fact I really don’t know the reason they want to get rid of the cages in the first place. If I remember correctly, @Acclaym is our friendly neighborhood safety man. I’m sure every state is different, so they may not be in your radar, but have you heard of such changes?

Negative. In fact I really don’t know the reason they want to get rid of the cages in the first place. If I remember correctly, @Acclaym is our friendly neighborhood safety man. I’m sure every state is different, so they may not be in your radar, but have you heard of such changes?

Well, I haven't worked construction since 2007 so no dealings with anything like that. I got lucky and got an office job in 2008. I will say that surprises me though because every time I hear OSHA I think of this:

Can't imagine them removing a safety feature.

Yea, the are phasing them out. They are used for the larger climbs so you can lean back and rest but they ended up just pin-balling anyone who fell. A fall that high wouldn't end well regardless.

Listen, I gotta vent about my fellow stay at home dads. A bunch that I know on FB are complaining about being dissed by SAHM, or family. I’m respected by my wife. I have great relationships with my mom friends. But I’m also self dependent on myself, my current profession and my self image. Having guys and girls here and at my local shop, my gym and my circle help me keep it up. So I’m happy that I’m surrounded by good, positive people. I hope y’all get the same vibe r fe I’m your tribe. Life is hard, kick it’s ass. Oh, and be happy while doing so.

Yea, the are phasing them out. They are used for the larger climbs so you can lean back and rest but they ended up just pin-balling anyone who fell. A fall that high wouldn't end well regardless.
10/10 would recommend not falling. Problem solved 🤣