• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

Signed my son up for lacrosse. My sport through college and played some semi-pro afterwards. Funny thing is he won’t let me teach him anything, almost insinuating that I have no credibility.
My son started playing last year. I don't know anything about it, and get treated the same! Haha

Couple of the guys I played football in college with have sons that played on his team this year, so that was pretty fun. 25254.jpeg

Signed my son up for lacrosse. My sport through college and played some semi-pro afterwards. Funny thing is he won’t let me teach him anything, almost insinuating that I have no credibility.

It's not just you, so don't take it personal. I think it's probably better, for the both of you, that he learns or is coached by someone else. They tend to listen to others better. Why? No idea. It's fun to sit in the stands and watch, for once.

It's not just you, so don't take it personal. I think it's probably better, for the both of you, that he learns or is coached by someone else. They tend to listen to others better. Why? No idea. It's fun to sit in the stands and watch, for once.
So true. My son learned more from 1 hour long snowboarding lesson than he did from me in several years. All kids are different obviously, but I coached him a lot and regardless of what I did, he felt a lot of pressure with it and would constantly be watching to see if I was watching. It's been great for him to do some sports without me coaching. High school football should be interesting in a few years when I am coaching him again...

My wife gets home tomorrow night. I’m happy because these two boys are like sharks smelling blood as of late. I’m in need of a tap in from her before we start loosing tax dependents.

I coached some when my son played. it's an awesome sport!
So quick update on the lacrosse thing, the coach keeps having me help out, which I discovered that I love, and now my so is excited when he ends up in my group. He is taking to lacrosse pretty well, for a almost 5yr old. Not the most focused one but he isn’t picking grass either.

Wife took Mack to Resident Culture Brewery on Friday while I was delayed in DC. Finally got home, no big deal, life is good.

fdavnrA.jpg

So quick update on the lacrosse thing, the coach keeps having me help out, which I discovered that I love, and now my so is excited when he ends up in my group. He is taking to lacrosse pretty well, for a almost 5yr old. Not the most focused one but he isn’t picking grass either.
Not picking grass is always good. When I was assisting I generally stayed away from coaching him directly. But we always found playing catch and wall ball together was fun.

Wife took Mack to Resident Culture Brewery on Friday while I was delayed in DC. Finally got home, no big deal, life is good.

He looks so hoppy! I love it that more and more places are becoming dog friendly. I'd take dogs over kids running around anytime.

Not picking grass is always good. When I was assisting I generally stayed away from coaching him directly. But we always found playing catch and wall ball together was fun.
That is the route that I want to take. Truthfully, if I’m paying someone to do something, mow the lawn, coach, change my oil, I’d like to enjoy the benefits of their work.

Did a good hike (8.5 miles) at Sleeping Giant State Park this morning after months of inactivity. I’m a little sore right now and I’m sure I’ll be even more sore tomorrow but it’s a good sore. Wifey and I will be going to friends this afternoon to partake in our annual 4th of July festivities with most of the usual suspects so I’m sure I’ll get some relief from my pain for at least a few hours.

Did a good hike (8.5 miles) at Sleeping Giant State Park this morning after months of inactivity. I’m a little sore right now and I’m sure I’ll be even more sore tomorrow but it’s a good sore. Wifey and I will be going to friends this afternoon to partake in our annual 4th of July festivities with most of the usual suspects so I’m sure I’ll get some relief from my pain for at least a few hours.
Funny, thought you were in Helena for a second. We have a sleeping giant here too.

My kid enjoyed his first round of golf this past weekend. He showed some promise for a 5yr old. He is enjoying his first go at lacrosse. He is doing really well riding a 2 wheeler with training wheels. He is finally swimming and enjoying it. Tomorrow he and I are taking a guys trip to Philly for a trip to Diggerland and the Camden Aquarium. Plus the cigar shop I like up there (near my Dads place and they cannot smoke inside) is on our radar so I can educate him on cigars and pick up some primo sticks. I just need to keep the cashier from saying out loud the tally!