• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

I met Al Pitrelli at one of the last shows we attended, and talked guitars with him for about ten minutes. He has one particular black Les Paul that just sounds on another level compared to all the other guitars he played in concert. turns out, it was the guitar from the "Sarajevo" video. He said there was nothing special about it, it was just one of those rare guitars that just play and sound incredible. On the other hand, Angus was given the Jackson RR V to use with TSO, and he hated it -- he was a Gibson SG guy (though he's branched out a lot since those early TSO years). He modified the crap out of the RR so he could "make it playable". Al said that Angus didn't even take the Jackson with him after the tour; it collected dust at the TSO warehouse until the next season! We got the West touring crew, obviously. I wanted to ask Al about his time in Megadeth, but I had heard that was a really sore subject with him.
Is it a matte black les Paul? I had commented on that durning the concert. Also, I hadn’t heard the megadeth story, I’ll have to Google it

I met Al Pitrelli at one of the last shows we attended, and talked guitars with him for about ten minutes. He has one particular black Les Paul that just sounds on another level compared to all the other guitars he played in concert. turns out, it was the guitar from the "Sarajevo" video. He said there was nothing special about it, it was just one of those rare guitars that just play and sound incredible. On the other hand, Angus was given the Jackson RR V to use with TSO, and he hated it -- he was a Gibson SG guy (though he's branched out a lot since those early TSO years). He modified the crap out of the RR so he could "make it playable". Al said that Angus didn't even take the Jackson with him after the tour; it collected dust at the TSO warehouse until the next season! We got the West touring crew, obviously. I wanted to ask Al about his time in Megadeth, but I had heard that was a really sore subject with him.

From what I remember Al didn't care for Mustain's strict rules that he enforces on all band members. Which puts Al in a large community of Ex Megadeth members.

From what I remember Al didn't care for Mustain's strict rules that he enforces on all band members. Which puts Al in a large community of Ex Megadeth members.

That, and apparently Al drank. A LOT.

In happy news, my wife and 13-year-old both tested negative for Covid, so may now escape quarantine and are free to move about the cabin. Since I have no life, I'm just going to ride out my 10 day sentence.

In unhappy news, 2020 had one more kick in the nuts; my daughter's boyfriend had his car stolen just before midnight in Honolulu. Chances are if it's ever found it will be a burned out frame, and being young and broke (and dumb) he only had liability on it. Hmmmf.

So grateful for my current life and for my family. After putting things aside and saving for some day. It’s nice that is is finally here!

Grateful every day.

In happy news, my wife and 13-year-old both tested negative for Covid, so may now escape quarantine and are free to move about the cabin. Since I have no life, I'm just going to ride out my 10 day sentence.

In unhappy news, 2020 had one more kick in the nuts; my daughter's boyfriend had his car stolen just before midnight in Honolulu. Chances are if it's ever found it will be a burned out frame, and being young and broke (and dumb) he only had liability on it. Hmmmf.
Great to hear about your wife and daughter testing negative!! Sorry to hear about the bf’s car...

And, you have your life here with us, and we are with you brother.