• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

Confirmation Jon!
Donella is working toward her Doctorate. She’s been a basket case the last two week with her course work. I know how hard this stuff is.
It is quite a relief to have that off my plate, that is for sure.

Confirmation Jon!
Donella is working toward her Doctorate. She’s been a basket case the last two week with her course work. I know how hard this stuff is.
My wife is working on hers as well. One benefit of being unemployed is she has way more time to focus on that! 😂

My wife completed the courses some time ago, and is ABD. However, she ran into multiple legitimate research issues, and between working full-time now and her school getting tired of revisions, she's pretty much given up on it as she will time out here soon. I've tried talking to her about it, but I think that she has mentally come to grips with the fact that it isn't happening, and doesn't want to deal with anymore of an emotional rollercoaster over it.

My wife completed the courses some time ago, and is ABD. However, she ran into multiple legitimate research issues, and between working full-time now and her school getting tired of revisions, she's pretty much given up on it as she will time out here soon. I've tried talking to her about it, but I think that she has mentally come to grips with the fact that it isn't happening, and doesn't want to deal with anymore of an emotional rollercoaster over it.
Mine just took on too much at once this semester. A math probability/statistics class, a chemistry course, and biology. Trying to prove she’s an over achiever bit her in the butt. Hopefully, she’s learned her lesson. I’m moving out if she does that again.

Mine just took on too much at once this semester. A math probability/statistics class, a chemistry course, and biology. Trying to prove she’s an over achiever bit her in the butt. Hopefully, she’s learned her lesson. I’m moving out if she does that again.

I hear you on that one. Liz was still active duty when she was working through the courses, and I damn near moved out, myself! She's bummed because she isn't going to get conferred, but I told her that "PhD, ABD" has more letters for her signature block, anyway!

I hear you on that one. Liz was still active duty when she was working through the courses, and I damn near moved out, myself! She's bummed because she isn't going to get conferred, but I told her that "PhD, ABD" has more letters for her signature block, anyway!
ABD is still pretty impressive...

I got selected for a zoom interview at the USDA in the Bay Area (at least to a Texan). Never heard of ABD before. Don't think it happens in Med. Chem.

Parker (6) lost his first tooth yesterday and since there is a National coin shortage, the tooth fairy had to leave more then a quarter.

Only a quarter, ya cheap bastard!
Tell Parker the tooth fairy always left $5 at our house

Same at our house. What kind of cheap ass leaves a quarter. Come on Jon, pull a few dollars out of your cigar budget and let the kid look forward to the tooth fairy.

🤣

Last edited:
My oldest 2 kids are my step kids. Their dad would give them a quarter but since my wife hated him she would give them toys. I really wish she gave them quarters. They saved their teeth up and would bring them over in a bag and tell us they were putting multiple teeth under their pillow at bedtime.