• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

I had the best Thanksgiving in years! Went to an old buddy's place where he cooked a beef tenderloin on the smoker, a few (too many!) sides, etc. Nice meal, tenderloin was absolutely perfect.

Anyway, that's not the good part. I haven't watched a pro football game in 3 years or so, but Thanksgiving means the Cowboys are playing on TV. This buddy has lived in DFW for the last 25 years but retired up here, lot cheaper and laid back. Being from Texas, I should root for Dallas but I just can't. Not really a Raiders fan, either, so I really have no dog in the fight other than smack talking my buddy. And smack talk I did.

We slogged through 30 minutes of Raiders PSAs about how the Raiders are actually really great guys, Buffer doing his "get ready to rumble!" bit (how prophetic THAT was!), an actual National Anthem ceremony, etc.

After giving up 4 points to missed PAT/FG (and about 300 yards in penalties), and getting to prolong the agony with OT, America's Team loses by 3. My side was hurting, I had been laughing so hard for 4+ hours I thought I was gonna pass out.

After the game we head out to the patio for a smoke and he drops the big one: He really IS a Cowboys fan! He has jerseys, De-Fence sunglasses, funky hats, the whole 9 yards from his tenure as a Dallas area resident. Now I'm really busting a gut - I thought he was just a casual root-for-Dallas-cause-Texas fan.

How 'bout them Cowboys! 😂

I had the best Thanksgiving in years! Went to an old buddy's place where he cooked a beef tenderloin on the smoker, a few (too many!) sides, etc. Nice meal, tenderloin was absolutely perfect.

Anyway, that's not the good part. I haven't watched a pro football game in 3 years or so, but Thanksgiving means the Cowboys are playing on TV. This buddy has lived in DFW for the last 25 years but retired up here, lot cheaper and laid back. Being from Texas, I should root for Dallas but I just can't. Not really a Raiders fan, either, so I really have no dog in the fight other than smack talking my buddy. And smack talk I did.

We slogged through 30 minutes of Raiders PSAs about how the Raiders are actually really great guys, Buffer doing his "get ready to rumble!" bit (how prophetic THAT was!), an actual National Anthem ceremony, etc.

After giving up 4 points to missed PAT/FG (and about 300 yards in penalties), and getting to prolong the agony with OT, America's Team loses by 3. My side was hurting, I had been laughing so hard for 4+ hours I thought I was gonna pass out.

After the game we head out to the patio for a smoke and he drops the big one: He really IS a Cowboys fan! He has jerseys, De-Fence sunglasses, funky hats, the whole 9 yards from his tenure as a Dallas area resident. Now I'm really busting a gut - I thought he was just a casual root-for-Dallas-cause-Texas fan.

How 'bout them Cowboys! 😂
There are three givens in life!

Death!

Taxes!

And the Cowboys being over-rated!

I have been hunting hard since Saturday at 6:45 am. I just saw my third deer! I have been by myself since Sunday morning and I have tried everything I know to see a deer.

I even resorted to parking my truck on a hillside overlooking thickets where I know deer tend to lay and playing coyote calls through my Bluetooth stereo.

It's strange, we have been getting a little more snow every night and the conditions seem perfect. The deer must Simply Be hunkered down deep in the forest where even I am not willing to go.

However, there is absolutely nothing I would rather be doing, other than maybe playing Pebble Beach.😀😀😀😀😀

I have been hunting hard since Saturday at 6:45 am. I just saw my third deer! I have been by myself since Sunday morning and I have tried everything I know to see a deer.

I even resorted to parking my truck on a hillside overlooking thickets where I know deer tend to lay and playing coyote calls through my Bluetooth stereo.

It's strange, we have been getting a little more snow every night and the conditions seem perfect. The deer must Simply Be hunkered down deep in the forest where even I am not willing to go.

However, there is absolutely nothing I would rather be doing, other than maybe playing Pebble Beach.😀😀😀😀😀
Almost got one with my truck this morning lol

The place I spent Thanksgiving is over run with deer and turkeys. Probably doesn't help that my buddy feeds them corn a couple of times a day, they walk right up into his yard. Close to the place where I hit one this summer is a winter wheat field and there's usually 50~100 of them in it in the afternoon. Shitloads of them around here.

It’s the simple things, fellas!

A bowl of Crunchy Raisin Bran and Silk Dark Chocolate Almond milk. It tastes exactly like Count Chocula cereal. And at the end, the “milk” tastes just like it does after absorbing the chocolate flavor from the cereal! FANTASTIC!

Floyd T