• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

I prefer miller light to coors light, but the wife likes coors.

Thankfully, she usually defers to me. If I go out usually a m43 on tap if I can find it.

My five year old grandson is a man's boy. He loves being outdoors, he loves everything about hunting and he loves riding his four wheeler in the national forest. He has been lobbying for a dirt bike since he saw a cousin racing dirt bikes. The answer has been "not yet buddy, maybe next year"

Last Sunday they took the kids to see Santa and each youngster got to write down what they wanted for Christmas. My son Doug asked Connor what he wanted to write and Connor said "Bike" so my son helped him spell it correctly. Connor then told my son he would take the paper and pencil with him to see Santa ......... Doug saw him write something else and when Connor came back, the paper had "drt" in front of bike.

Last night I had dinner with them and I asked about his trip to see Santa. I asked him what he asked Santa for and he looked around to make sure mom and dad weren't close by and then he whispered "dirt bike".

Got a little ahead of my self last week.. humidity hit 60s quick.. then plummeted.. the wood hadn't drunk it all in yet. Finally have 72hrs of near consistent RH.. all within 4%.. so now putting up some random boxes.

Screenshot_20231216-200335_VeSync.jpg

Screenshot_20231216-203459_VeSync.jpg

20231216_203017.jpg

20231212_222145.jpg

🤞😁👍

Opened up and put out, in no particular order for now, some of my middle-of-the-road stuff. Definitely need to put up at least one more row of shelving all the way around and make the island capable of holding a lot. The island will showcase more of my higher-end stuff.

This is stage 1. Starting end of January, will be starting a full lounge in basement and having a walk-in down there too. Here's some snaps of what I opened and put up tonight so far. Couple buddies coming Sunday afternoon to help haul out and set up the bulk of what's left. Pics show better looking at them sideways.. feel free to ask about any, hard to see everything:

20231217_001703.jpg

20231217_001708.jpg

20231217_001718.jpg

Will be glad when the outdoor one is finally finished! 🙌 👍

@xyz123

That's coming along quite nicely !

Keep the pictures coming !

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

P.S. How many gallons of water, so far ???

Thanks. 18 gallons so far. I put another humidifier in there to help get the wood where it needed to be. Adding a ton of leaf already at the right RH has helped too. I went from adding 2 gallons a day all last week between both humidifiers, to only needing a half gallon past 2 days. That said, it's been around 40F and rainy here too.. so didn't run heat as much and it was humid outside.

The goal will be to just add 2-3 gallons a week for remainder of winter. Will depend how cold it gets, and subsequently how much heat is ran. I just put two midsize oscillating fans in both lofts. Want to keep air from settling up there.. there's lofts on both ends, and the fans are kitty corner, keeping the air almost cyclonic and keeping heat moving around. Works great, have hygros all over and they're all within 3pts of each other.

Have a buddy coming in an hour.. gonna haul out a bunch more out and get other side and island stocked up. I'm gonna have to add at least one more row of shelving all the way around.. and probably another one too.. at least on the back half. Have to wait and see.

But yeah, she's comin' along!

Keep the pictures coming !

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Debating on displaying alphabetically like most B&Ms do. But that's more for the customer.. and inventory purposes. That was my original plan.. but I kind of like the randomness.. and I want for visitors to just kind of look at everything, not necessarily just go right to their favorites or whatever is "hot" at the moment (bee-line to Opus, or GOFs, etc).

There's some nice stuff out.. but not much of what you'd call high-end yet. I have tons of Tats yet.. and haven't even got to my rare stuff also. Any thoughts on randomness vs alphabetically? Another issue, some ridiculous size boxes fitting correctly.. If lids are really tall, I need them on top shelf.. which takes them out of order alphabetically. Anyway, few random pics so far...

20231219_020202.jpg

20231217_232240.jpg

20231217_231526.jpg

20231217_231416.jpg

20231217_231358.jpg

20231217_231353.jpg

20231217_231347.jpg

20231217_231304.jpg

20231217_231300.jpg

20231217_231248.jpg

Still a lot of work to do. And I'm documenting the process as I go. Thanks for the words of encouragement Puff. This has definitely been a long running passion project for sure! 👍🍾🥂

Stay tuned...