• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hockey

Can't be a true hockey players without losing some teeth in the process! Just ask Devil Doc. They didn't wear any helmets back then, let alone pads for comfort! And the played with an oid moldy biscuit as a puck, as well as walked sis miles in the snow to get to the frozen pond!

Yeah I know. The first testicular guard "Cup" was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974.

It took 100 years for men to realize that the brain is also important. :D But times are changing. Looks sell. And if someone goes on the screen with 1 tooth, that doesn't look pretty.

Can't be a true hockey players without losing some teeth in the process! Just ask Devil Doc. They didn't wear any helmets back then, let alone pads for comfort! And the played with an oid moldy biscuit as a puck, as well as walked sis miles in the snow to get to the frozen pond!

Yeah I know. The first testicular guard "Cup" was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974.

It took 100 years for men to realize that the brain is also important. :D But times are changing. Looks sell. And if someone goes on the screen with 1 tooth, that doesn't look pretty.

That's an Internet joke the 1974 thing. The first documented use of a helmet was a former football player wearing his leather one in1928. If you google old images you'll see the odd player wearing a leather helmet from then on. I hate this 100 years joke. Every woman in my office has emailed the damn thing to me.

That's an Internet joke the 1974 thing. The first documented use of a helmet was a former football player wearing his leather one in1928. If you google old images you'll see the odd player wearing a leather helmet from then on. I hate this 100 years joke. Every woman in my office has emailed the damn thing to me.

Hockey. Not football. Maybe hockey is called football where you live. :laugh: j/k

ESPN facts.

47 years since the BlackHawks won the Stanley Cup.
42 years or never for the Toronto Maple Leaves.
42 years or never for L.A. Kings.

Can we agree on that?

Hockey. Not football. Maybe hockey is called football where you live. :laugh: j/k

ESPN facts.

Can we agree on that?

Just to clarify, I am in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM a fan of the Kings! Gimme the stats on the Redwings! :p

ESPN facts.

Can we agree on that?

Which is why I soooo don't want the Hawks to win. Of course should the Habs come back against Philly the only thing I'll have to cheer for is that both planes collide mid air and no Cup is awarded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess as the only BlackHawks fan here all I can say is, we are all going F'ing crazy here in Chi-town. NIemi and the rest are doing a kick ass job! GO HAWKS!! :thumbs:

ESPN facts.

Can we agree on that?

Ouch, man! What did us Kings fans ever do to you? :(

Good on the Hawks, exciting young team there. My dad is originally from Chicago, so I have a small reason to enjoy this.

souldog, I got a good Red Wings stat for ya. Your playoff stash of 2010 earned you the Gerard Gallant Super Fine Stash award this year.

Error_87-88_OPC_-_Gallant_B.jpg

Congrats!

Hockey. Not football. Maybe hockey is called football where you live.
laugh.gif
j/k

ESPN facts.

Can we agree on that?

No. If you're gonna come in here after your team is in the Finals and THEN start talking shit, you need to get your facts straight.

It's been 49 years since the Hawks held the Cup (1961)
The Toronto Maple Leafs have won the Cup 11 times.

At least you were right with your fact about the Kings not ever winning a cup. You really have to love these Johnny-come-lately fellas that don't jump in a thread until there team is safely past the pack before they start talking smack!
sign.gif

You really have to love these Johnny-come-lately fellas that don't jump in a thread until there team is safely past the pack before they start talking smack!
sign.gif

Darn right! :rolleyes:
I wouldn't dare talk smack before facing the Sharks or the Capitols. (The 2 teams I think can be better than the Blackhawks)

Congrats to Philly
Glad to see Richards hold the Prince of Wales Trophy. :thumbs: The guy grabs it and disappears. ??? What a weirdo.

And the Leafs have 13 cups if you include their previous incarnations as the St. Pats and Toros.

I'll be cheering for Philly. I don't want the distinction of cheering for the team with the longest cup drought next season. Plus Kane is a punk.

And the Leafs have 13 cups if you include their previous incarnations as the St. Pats and Toros.

I'll be cheering for Philly. I don't want the distinction of cheering for the team with the longest cup drought next season. Plus Kane is a punk.

That's why I stopped at 11. I couldn't be technically correct in correcting someone when they were something other than the Leafs.

Plus Kane is a punk.

I couldn't agree more!

But, on to more serious matters. Congratulations to the Flyers and to their fans. I thought the Flyers were lucky to come away with a couple of their early wins in the series. But no question, when the chips were on the line, they showed up and Montreal just didn't seem able to answer. It didn't help that Plecanec, Kostitsyn, and Gomez weren't scoring. But Leighton was hot (interested to see what type of contract he gets!). Carter and Laperierre sure made impacts on their return. What else can you say? The Flyers deserved the win.

As a dyed in the wool Canucks fan who has had a real soft spot for the Habs since I was a kid, I get the pleasure of watching the teams that knocked Vancouver and Montreal out of the playoffs duke it out for the cup. Someone pass me a stiff drink!

I'm rooting for the Blackhawks but seeing Lappy lift the cup would make me very happy! I just don't want Scott "Kenny G" Hartnell to win it as well.

That's why I stopped at 11. I couldn't be technically correct in correcting someone when they were something other than the Leafs.

Don't start picking on me too bully! ;)

Don't start picking on me too bully!
wink.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I have a much better temperment for the Leafs now then in years past. When Tie Domi and Darcy Tucker played for them, I think I actually hated the Leafs more than I hated the Penguins (Lord, forgive me for saying that!).

Game 1 was sure interesting. It seemed anything could happen.
10 goals in 2 periods with several lead changes. I don't know what to make of the Philly goalie change.

The last 2 minutes of the game was funny to watch. How many times did the goalie skate off only to skate back in?

Overall I thought the Blackhawks played horrible defense.

Back