• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hockey

Yeah, I think US hockey is starting to get it and move towards the Jr type program with the USHL and all. They were impressive all tournament long.
As for Milbury I think he may be the next Grapes. Milbury is certainly entertaining and any one who will climb in the stands and beat a man with his shoe gets my respect.

Just a heads up. Hockey East rivals BC and BU get it on at 7:30 pm at the Fenway rink tonight. I understand the NESN feed will be picked up by the NHL network. So if you missed the Bruins vs Flyers game, here's another opportunity to see some outdoor hockey with two of the Nation's finest college teams.

Doc.

Who is ready for the Sabres vs Leafs game tonight (Rural guy maybe) :thumbs:

I didn't see the game but it looks like the Leafs at least made the last period interesting. I'm still surprised by the Sabres season, good on Lindy Ruff though. Miller has been outstanding as well and Myers looks like a keeper.

The last 2 minutes were pretty intense. Connoly made a great play at the end of the game to save the game tying goal.

I feel bad for you Rural. In the 2nd period when the Leafs were down 3-0 the camera scanned their bench and the expressions on their faces didn't seem like they cared at all.

How about Patrick Marleau? Since he stepped down from Captain he's been getting back to the usual. He's leading goal scoring and he made the olympic team this year, followed by both his linemates.

As a Kings fan, I would like to know your opinion on Drew Doughty. I remember seeing him last season and he impressed me from the start. He's an amazing talent. He makes smart decisions with the puck.

Doughty looks like the real deal. I scooped him up in fantasy and he's paid off big time. For a defensemen to play so well in his second year is impressive.

Freakin' Bruins can't catch a break. Lucic comes back; Savard goes out. It's been one injury after another. You can tell it's getting to Julien. Normally, he hides his accent quit well. Most folks can't tell he's French Canadian. His last interview his accent was quite apparent.

Doc.

Doughty looks like the real deal. I scooped him up in fantasy and he's paid off big time. For a defensemen to play so well in his second year is impressive.

Yeah he's quite beastly haha.

How about your leafs? Shutting out the Flyers :laugh:

Good to see Toskala getting work done, especially against those dang flyers.

and that rookie had an amazing goal, i didnt catch his name but I saw it on NHL on the Fly and it was quite amazing.

Through the defensemens leg, flicks it top shelf in the opposite direction he was skating.

Very nice.

And the Kings demolished the sucks, I mean the Ducks.

And I had nothing against Bobby Ryan until that late hit on Oscar Moller.

He got a 5 minute major for that.

Can't wait for the revenge next game.

Suprise, surprise, surprise. The B's without Marc Savard, Patrice Bergeron and David Krejci, managed to beat the Sharks 2 to 1 in a shootout. Thomas was phenominal. This team is driving me to distraction. You never know what team is going to show up.

Doc.

Good on the B's for the win over SJ. Kings up next. Uhoh. Kings vs. Bruins. This thread might get animated! :laugh:

Suprise, surprise, surprise. The B's without Marc Savard, Patrice Bergeron and David Krejci, managed to beat the Sharks 2 to 1 in a shootout. Thomas was phenominal. This team is driving me to distraction. You never know what team is going to show up.

Doc.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when guys start coming back. I think the Bruins might catch a team or two off guard in the playoffs if they can tread water until then.

Take a look at last night's HNIC Hotstove. Glen Healy cheap shots Mike Milbury. Fugger, probably can't even skate.
tongue.gif
My link

Doc.

Never have cared much for Milbury. I guess that stems from every time the Flyers play on Versus, he always has to make some off the wall dig at Bobby Clarke. Not sure what's gone on between the two, but the conversation could be about the power play and out comes a smart assed remark about Clarke.

Well Jonsey, you're kind of young. I can assure you no one in Boston likes Bobbly Clarke.

Doc.

I think the Russians still have a hit out on Clarke. On that topic how awkward did it look with Clarke and Orr taking the face off in the outdoor game?

HA HA, that and Schonfield's "Have another doughnut" comment just never go away.

Huge Flyers fan here.. Actually heading to the game this Sunday against the Penguins. First game I'll be at since last years playoff loss to the Pens. Should be a great game. Flyguys are getting the stuff together finally.

Hey Doc,

What's up with your Bruins? I heard Julien says it's not the leadership of the team.

I wish the hell I knew. Early in the season, the hockey writers were saying the team was a head case. I think they're right. This team has issues and it's not just the injuries. Patrice Bergeron stormed off the ice last game, angry about the performance of his teammates. Players just aren't giving their all, for whatever reason.
Right now, as I write, the Bruins are out playing the woeful Hurricanes and are behind 1-0.
mad.gif

It's now 2-0 and getting ugly.

Doc.