• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hockey

Watching the Leafs beat Lalime like a rented mule for so many playoffs in a row I don't consider him a goalie period. :laugh:

Hey, I just have to let you know that we finally have a goalie again.

Let's GO BLUES!!!!!!

When are the Blues fans going to have a "Halakamania" night and wear yellow head bands and spandex shirts...and then rip them off at the first break away save?

When are the Blues fans going to have a "Halakamania" night and wear yellow head bands and spandex shirts...and then rip them off at the first break away save?

*Runs to the closet and starts digging for the yellow head band and spandex* :D

Of all the teams in the league this year there are two that scare me when they come to LA. The hated Red Wings and the St Louis Blues. The Red Wings fan invade Staples Center and they can be louder then the Kings fans at times but excluding that playoff series back in 2001 the Red Wings have had the Kings number. As for St Louis, they where a pretty good team last year and gave the Kings bits and fits especially towards the end of the season and now with the Great Wall of Halak being in goal the Blues deserve the number one rank that espn has given to them.

Kings still playing awesome (11-3-0), NJ still at or near the bottom, and my have the Ducks been hot as hell :( !

Damn it's good to have hockey back!

Damn Kings. Apparently the media up here is reporting there have been no talks between the Kings and Flames about Iginla despite reports to the contrary. Apparently the hold up is that the team doesn't want to ask Iginla to waive his no trade and he won't ask for a trade. Rumour is he will accept a trade to a contender but only if the Flames come out publicly and state they asked him to waive the no trade.

I'd like to see Iggy in a Kings sweater. I think the change of scenery and being around younger players would re-energize him. That said, with his contract, age, and declining production, Calgary better not be asking for the moon for him. Dean Lombardi is a shrewd business man, so I'm quite sure all the players Calgary would want (Kopitar, Doughty, Bernier, Quick, Johnson, Brown) are off limits and considering how much the older players have been carrying the team (Williams, Smyth, Handzus, Stoll, Mitchell) I'm not sure they are on the table either. If Calgary is considering blowing up the team and rebuilding, then a package of prospects and picks is what I'm sure Lombardi is willing to give up. Make no mistake, if the Kings and Flames do business, it will be on Dean Lombardi's terms.

In Dean we trust!

Yeah, he's played things well and done a great job like he did in San Jose. The best thing about Iggy as that production is low (I think 4 goals in last 37 games) but man he'd be a monster with some talent to play with.

My poor Kings went from the top of the league and fell into out of the playoff hunt in a matter of a small losing streak. :(

Yeah, lets face it, Shant, they are playing like dogs. Not sure what has happened but the team lacks poise, scoring, and even the defense has been spotty. Only thing that hasn't been suspect is the goaltending. I think they'll right the ship soon but these are the kind of losing streaks that bite you right in the a** in April. They went from leading the division to fighting for that final 8th playoff spot. :(

I always thought the "contender" label was put on them way too early. They are a much better team than they're showing right now, but they are far from being a contender, IMO.

At any rate, Go Kings Go!!!

I'm saddend to see Marco Sturm go to the Kings. You folks are getting a good hockey player and a positive influence in the room. God, I hate the Cap.

Doc.

The physicals are all through and he should be on his way presently to join the team. :thumbs:

Kings, or more specifically Jonathan Quick, put a hurtin' on the Wings to the tune of a 51 save shutout at the Joe. Hopefully they are shaking of that losing streak that dropped them from the top of the conference to out of the playoff seeding.

It'll be interesting to see what moves the Kings look at near the trading deadline if they are in the play off picture. With some cap room and prospects they could do something decent.

Blackhawks suck this year, :(

On a side note, yesterday was the 31 year anniversary of the Bruins brawl that ended up in the stands. :laugh:

Speaking of Chicago and the Bruins, I've got Turco and Rask in one of my fantasy pools. I'm getting killed although Rask might be getting some more work, that'd be nice.

Here is a link

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/23/sports/hockey/23brawl.html