• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Insomnia

smellysell

Go Vols!!!
Anyone else afflicted? Anything that you've found helps?

Ever since I quit drinking, it's been a struggle. Thought I'd finally kicked it, but now it just comes and goes with seemingly no rhyme or reason. Worked a 15 hour day today, yet here I am, wide awake.

Figure worst case we can have a place to party random shit/musings while we lay in bed wishing we could sleep.

I don't think I suffer from insomnia, but I suppose it's not out of the question. I wake up at 230 or 300 and I'm wide awake with zero chance of falling back to sleep. I'm solid the whole day though - I don't feel tired. I usually just go to work after an elongated morning routine.

Reading helps, I'll go into the living room to read and just crash on the sofa. Don't lie in bed if you can't sleep it makes it worse. Stay away from the obvious caffeine and try melatonin.

I found a company that makes a CBD+ CBG tincture that works really well for me. Send me a message if you're interested in looking into it and I'll send you the link. Its not cheap, but its worth it, IMHO.

Yes. Melatonin for the win.
Don't take too much or too late, you'll be cloudy the next day.

I've tried melatonin, helps me fall asleep sometimes, but wide awake around 2.

NyQuil. Aside from prescription meds, it's the only thing that helps me sleep. I went through a long time where it was part of my life, and then I finally seemed to be able to maintain a normal sleeping routine (there's more to it, but the NyQuil was able to be removed from the equation, which is the point). Since I've been home from the hospital now, though, I can't sleep without it -- the old demons are back. I don't really drink, so I don't have that to worry about, which I guess is one of the only positives in all this...

I've tried melatonin, helps me fall asleep sometimes, but wide awake around 2.

There's a ton of stuff out there saying to put the electronics away a few hours before you want to sleep. Apparently, the blue light from the LEDs really messes with our circadian rhythm.

Might be worth a look into.

If you're brain is too active (mine is always turned up to 11), you might try meditation, caffeine abstinence, and if you're open to it and it's not going to jeopardize your career hit some THC. Nothing has ever turned the chatter in brain down like THC.

Definitely avoid anything that acts like an opiate, way too easy to end up with other issues.

Sorry to hear Justin and the rest of you guys, struggling with sleep. I guess that's always come easy to me, as I can pretty much sleep anywhere and once my head hits the pillow, I'm typically out within a few minutes.

Does exercise help? Like it was stated above, I know there are gummies out there, that can help with sleep. Not sure if it's worth looking into or not, as I don't know if they just help you fall asleep or fall asleep/keep you asleep.

What Anthony said. If I just get up and go downstairs for 20 minutes or so and read. I normally fall back to sleep, vs. just sitting in bed with my mind racing.
Also, if I focus on something pleasant, it usually stops my overactive brain. My grandmother was my world. My childhood memories usually do the trick in my case.
Greg..... Post the link here. No need for PM’s. I’m curious.

I had it really bad when I was younger. Routine is key. Try to have a process that helps to signal your brain that it is time to shut off. Don’t schedule yourself for too much time in bed. Be in bed for eight hours, and then get up, regardless of how much of it you slept. Your brain will adapt.

What Anthony said. If I just get up and go downstairs for 20 minutes or so and read. I normally fall back to sleep, vs. just sitting in bed with my mind racing.
Also, if I focus on something pleasant, it usually stops my overactive brain. My grandmother was my world. My childhood memories usually do the trick in my case.
Greg..... Post the link here. No need for PM’s. I’m curious.
Yeah, I've learned laying in bed perseverating on how I can't sleep doesn't help for sure. I'm definitely "open" to THC 😂 . Having a very strong addictive streak in me, I'm hesitant to go too far down the road of anything medicinal to help though.

Yeah, I've learned laying in bed perseverating on how I can't sleep doesn't help for sure. I'm definitely "open" to THC 😂 . Having a very strong addictive streak in me, I'm hesitant to go too far down the road of anything medicinal to help though.

CBD typically doesn't have the addictive potential. I'd start with that, before I went down the THC route.

Just a note- Not sure of your experience with CBD but it can have the tendency to not work right away, sometimes you need a few days to a week of use before you notice something. I have found though that the addition of CBG (a newly discovered cannabinoid compound) in this oil really gives it an extra relaxing kick. As always, YMMV

Working all night with programmers, then trying to sleep a few hours is difficult. I would lay there with my mind racing... Then I saw an episode of The Mentalist where the main character was telling someone who had insomnia to count, 1 for breathing in, and 2 for breathing out... Concentrate on taking deep breaths on 1, then letting the air our slowly on 2... Keep doing it, I know it sounds simplistic and silly, but It works 80 percent of the time for me...

I have a strong addictive personality myself. So bad, that I’ve have always been afraid to try hard drugs other than cocaine that went pretty poorly when I was still in my 20’s. Anytime someone prescribed opiates in the past, I immediately wanted more when I ran out. So, I know where that would go if I had easy access to more.
Anyways, my history with THC has been pretty tame. I can go weeks/months without it and not care. I just don’t like how it affects my motivation levels though. That, and as someone who has a slow metabolism, I can not resist the munchies and eat like an SOB. So, it’s not so much my thing these days as it was in my 20’s & 30’s.

I have a strong addictive personality myself. So bad, that I’ve have always been afraid to try hard drugs other than cocaine that went pretty poorly when I was still in my 20’s. Anytime someone prescribed opiates in the past, I immediately wanted more when I ran out. So, I know where that would go if I had easy access to more.
Anyways, my history with THC has been pretty tame. I can go weeks/months without it and not care. I just don’t like how it affects my motivation levels though. That, and as someone who has a slow metabolism, I can not resist the munchies and eat like an SOB. So, it’s not so much my thing these days as it was in my 20’s & 30’s.
Yep, same pretty much across the board.

I've actually had a lot of experience for experts on sleep hygiene through my daughter, and unfortunately real life impacts is sometime. Mostly started this thread to commiserate with my fellow sufferers when I'm up at night, though obviously it involves screen time which is not helpful as noted.