• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JR's 1 O'clock madness, special. pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh Well, I guess I have to wait and see if the Christmas specials get any better.

Tonight's deal is a newbie box split waiting to happen.

LVHs are just totally different form other cigars, but a benjamin and 120 cigars is more than most people can handle. And experienced cigar smokers are definitely not going to go for this

And experienced cigar smokers are definitely not going to go for this

I don't know..... You never know who's dog walkin stick this might be. Not mine, but you never know who might like it as an affordable daily smoke.

Bummer. Day 10 of the Christmas Specials isn't quite my cup of tea either. Oh, well. Lew has 2 days to redeem himself. I still like the idea of VSG's for $39.95 a box. :D

Hey, I'm always game for a shot on "affordable" cigars but I've had these before and I think they're terrible.

*edit* Well, I should also note that they don't appeal to me since they are not a maduro so don't pay any attention to me (like ya do anyway
propeller.gif
)

gibu said:
And experienced cigar smokers are definitely not going to go for this

I don't know..... You never know who's dog walkin stick this might be. Not mine, but you never know who might like it as an affordable daily smoke.
Personally, I think they are pretty good. They are reasonably priced (before they changed the recipe) and well constructed. They are full bodied. Not bad for mowing the yard. I think it is a descent deal if you have $100 laying around that you dont need. :)

they are not bad at all, at least i think. my GF loves them! says they have a hint on maple..?? i never can taste it. but, i do think its a great everyday, connie style cigar.

i did buy this deal.. prob do some trading...

Click here to BuyThe Player's Club Habano 2 Belicoso is a classic 6.12-by-52 torpedo wrapped in a Brazilian maduro Mata Fina wrapper. It is ultra-smooth with a smoky, cocoa-like flavor and a clean, cedar finish. The Brazil wrapper is drop-dead gorgeous and complements the blend perfectly. This is an excellent medium-bodied cigar.

As I have said before, only two things hold this cigar back. One: it has a picture of Vincent Pastore on the inside of the dress box – he's the guy who played Sal "Big Pussy" Bonpensiero in the much heralded HBO series "The Sopranos." The guy is a good actor and, yes, a cigar lover, but to my recollection there is not a single successful cigar brand that featured an actor's picture on it. I don't know about you, but a picture of Big Pussy doesn't exactly scream "buy me." Secondly, the price... Man, do they want a lot of beans for these smokes! I checked around and learned that our regular price of $97 a box is already the lowest and found that most people sell them for around $150.

Okay, we can't do anything about Big Pussy's mug being on the box, but we can definitely "fix" the price for this 1AM Madness sale. While supplies last, you can get a box of these classic, dark figurados for just $58.00!!! At this price, they are a steal of a deal...

Players Club
Habano 2 Belicoso
Handmade in DR
Item: 1AM
Size: 6.12 x 52
Qty : 25 cigars
MSRP: $150.00
1AM : $58.00
Click Here to Buy

special_122803.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...........PASS!

LOL

This is a retread of a past special I believe.

Shhhhh be vewy, vewy quiet! Wascal's hunting dawg wockets.

If he says pass, I must do the same. Too bad, this is actually the first madness sale I've been able to catch.

Don't run, pass.
Open that box and have Big Pussy stare you down is unnerving for the holidays.

Wooohooo! Brother Steven steps up to the plate with the JR 1:00 Madness Special!!! Just like old times Bro! LOL!

In honor of this occasion I just might have to get this special!!!

NOT!

LOL! Sorry.. couldn't resist! Gee... I really must be feeling better! LMAO!

Aloha,

Wade

It's good your feelin' better there Wade. :thumbs:
I'm not sure about you guys but has JRs had a good 1 O'clock madness special lately. I know that their 12 Days of Christmas special was below par this year. Do we see a trend here or is it just me...... ??? :0 ???

stogieman said:
I'm not sure about you guys but has JRs had a good 1 O'clock madness special lately.  I know that their 12 Days of Christmas special was below par this year.  Do we see a trend here or is it just me......  ???  :0  ???
I guess I will keep on saying it: No good will come from the merger of ALTADIS and JR. ALTADIS has monopoly market power in most of the world now, and we haven't even begun to see them flex their muscles yet. We are screwed. We are so screwed........... :(

Evening every one! Just bringing this thread to the top so it is ready for tonight!

I sure hope things look better tonight than they have in the past few weeks! :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.