• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liquor Acquisitions 2022

C83F2429-7FF3-4E52-A557-EC52197AA0C7.jpeg
A very locally (next town over) produced Rye Whiskey. Very amazing Rye Whiskey and reasonably priced! 😎

I happen to like a "true" Rye whiskey and I really liked the "authenticity" of Premiere Distillers Rye. It is 95% Rye (unmistakable Rye flavors) but it's not overly processed so the true Rye taste comes through. For those who might not be accustomed to a TRUE Rye Whiskey, this will be a bit of a surprise. I personally most enjoy Templeton's 10 year and High West Rendezvous Rye whiskey's (both with with a very high Rye content) - but for me this is a special whiskey because it's half the price and at least as pleasant as the others. It's a very easy drinking whiskey.

Last edited:
Recieved this from a friend. Thx @EmergenCigar!

I picked up spices like cinnamon, clove, allspice.

Very sippable!

20220827_165329-jpg.59831

Attachments

• 20220827_165329.jpg
    20220827_165329.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 88
When I arrived in Denver last Thursday, I met up with @CBoukal. We had a great time visiting a couple liquor stores and a great cigar lounge, Casbar Cigar. Scored these two bottles that I've never seen in St. Louis at the liquor store
next to the lounge. Smoke Wagon UCUF.
20220829_125855.jpg

Last edited:
I have no experience with Old Forester, Michters or High West. Those of you that do, anything I should pick up?

I was at a liquor store looking for some sour beer and walked by the bourbon section. They had 3 Old Forester options (BIB, Prohibition Styke and something else). I forgot what options on the Michters and High West they had, but am always on the look out for something good.

I have no experience with Old Forester, Michters or High West. Those of you that do, anything I should pick up?

I was at a liquor store looking for some sour beer and walked by the bourbon section. They had 3 Old Forester options (BIB, Prohibition Styke and something else). I forgot what options on the Michters and High West they had, but am always on the look out for something good.
I was pleasantly surprised by Old Forester, the first hit was rough, so I shelved it for a while. Then went back to it about a month later grabbing it for a old fashioned. Had a sip before I mixed anything in and was really impressed how it had opened up. I would definitely get it again, just need to remember to get out the neck pour.

No experience with mitchers and can't remember what the High west rye was like. I had a chance to try the fabled mid-winters night dram, that was nice too.

High west is one of my favorite brands currently. Their unicorn is Midwinter nights dram, but it only releases once a year.(Just released so keep your eyes open). If they have it, buy as many as they have. I love their Rendezvous Rye. I tired their High country American single malt and if you like scotch, you'll like that. Their double Rye is good if you really like rye. The only one I don't like is their campfire. Its way to smokey, but if you like that flavor chew away. The one that says "bourbon" is their normal bottle, use to be called American Prairie.

Michters is decent, if you can find their toasted barrel that's really good. I don't buy their stuff much so someone else around here is probably better at helping with them.