• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liquor Acquisitions 2022

Couldn't resist:
Frapin Cigar Blend Vieille Grande Champagne Cogna
Cognac age: XO
Growth area: Grande Champagne
About the taste notes on this one. It's produced on a single 240 ha vineyard. While there is no way to taste the exact amount of arce, each glass has been very uniform in flavor.

It's not a sweet Carmel, but rather a mature honey that has changed its floral notes for woodsy notes instead. Though not sweet you can tell it's a fine cognac with lots of fruity undertones.

I would pair this cognac with the Ashton ESG.

Which while in some review was nicknamed “the Velvet Hammer” 'due to its sneaky strength profile'.
provided a nice journey along the way and marries the closing flavor profile, that I feel has a nice raisin Undertone in both.

20221006_232728.jpg

Warming the cognac slightly only enhanced the honey tone for me most, but the smell definitely matures along.

Would I buy it again?
Depends there are a lot of different types of cognac I'd still like to get*. But I will definitely savor the bottom half of this one during the coming year. So yeah likely so.

*I'm looking forward to purchasing this one in particular: Kelt Tour du Monde XO Cognac Grande Champagne
Aged at sea for three months, seems like a cool concept to me.

will keep you all posted on this.

About the taste notes on this one. It's produced on a single 240 ha vineyard. While there is no way to taste the exact amount of arce, each glass has been very uniform in flavor.

It's not a sweet Carmel, but rather a mature honey that has changed its floral notes for woodsy notes instead. Though not sweet you can tell it's a fine cognac with lots of fruity undertones.

I would pair this cognac with the Ashton ESG.

Which while in some review was nicknamed “the Velvet Hammer” 'due to its sneaky strength profile'.
provided a nice journey along the way and marries the closing flavor profile, that I feel has a nice raisin Undertone in both.

View attachment 61353

Warming the cognac slightly only enhanced the honey tone for me most, but the smell definitely matures along.

Would I buy it again?
Depends there are a lot of different types of cognac I'd still like to get*. But I will definitely savor the bottom half of this one during the coming year. So yeah likely so.

*I'm looking forward to purchasing this one in particular: Kelt Tour du Monde XO Cognac Grande Champagne
Aged at sea for three months, seems like a cool concept to me.

will keep you all posted on this.
I used to drink so much cognac it’s not funny. Tried it all from cheap ass $15 bottles to Louis xv I can assure you you will love that Kelt 👍👍

The two in the middle are great!!!! the outside one's... Well they look Arran..
The Arran 10 is a favorite. Hope the 18 meets my expectation. Two and a half times the price of the 10 so we'll see.

Pasote tequila moved from NOM 1579 "El Pandillo" to NOM 1584. The change in water source and still will surely result in a change of flavor. This Extra Anejo is the the best I've ever had and there's still time to pick up the 1579s. It is aged for four years so there should be some og stock left around for a while.

This is one of the respected additive-free labels we like to support.

20221007_171641.jpg

High west is one of my favorite brands currently. Their unicorn is Midwinter nights dram, but it only releases once a year.(Just released so keep your eyes open). If they have it, buy as many as they have. I love their Rendezvous Rye. I tired their High country American single malt and if you like scotch, you'll like that. Their double Rye is good if you really like rye. The only one I don't like is their campfire. Its way to smokey, but if you like that flavor chew away. The one that says "bourbon" is their normal bottle, use to be called American Prairie.

Michters is decent, if you can find their toasted barrel that's really good. I don't buy their stuff much so someone else around here is probably better at helping with them.
Apparently I need to go on a search for Midwinter's night dram. On the rare occasions I go into liquor stores here, there seems to be a good selection of High West everywhere.

Apparently I need to go on a search for Midwinter's night dram. On the rare occasions I go into liquor stores here, there seems to be a good selection of High West everywhere.
Any others I should keep an eye out for while I'm looking?

Justin, If you find an extra bottle of Midwinter's Dram, let me know. I missed out last year.