• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need advice on coffee pods/cups/machine

Oldmancigar

I’m here to stay
I started drink coffee again after many years….I was old school and had a 12 cups plug-in automatic machine….The coffee was not the best…And I really didn’t care,.
All I wanted was my caffeine fix in the morning..
Now, I had a couple of cups from these pod coffee machines at a dinner. And was overwhelmed at the quality. and the ease of making it.
I would enjoy a dark blend and sometimes an expresso in the evening
Can I someone recommend on which machines that uses these cups would give the best produced coffee…And which brand or style of cup or type of coffee Cups would you recommend especially for the espresso coffee I’m looking for..
thanks

An awesome brother @jfields here gifted me with the Nespresso machine and I can't say enough about it. It makes coffee better than Starbucks at roughly $1 per cup. Nespresso offers a huge assortment of types and styles of coffee ranging from espresso to dessert coffee and everything in between. The flavor profiles they achieve is pretty impressive!

I also have a Keurig and I have found a basic French roast I enjoy for a simple cup of coffee for about 22 cents per cup.

Hope that helps.

An awesome brother @jfields here gifted me with the Nespresso machine and I can't say enough about it. It makes coffee better than Starbucks at roughly $1 per cup. Nespresso offers a huge assortment of types and styles of coffee ranging from espresso to dessert coffee and everything in between. The flavor profiles they achieve is pretty impressive!

I also have a Keurig and I have found a basic French roast I enjoy for a simple cup of coffee for about 22 cents per cup.

Hope that helps.
Everyone I know that has a nespresso swears by it.

Using a hack, I found that I can make some awesome coffee in my Nespresso with my own roasted coffee, thanks to another awesome brother here @bfreebern, for about 35 cents per cup.

It's very simple and it's rewarding! Same delicious crema and the taste I create in my roaster!

Thanks everyone, I looked at the Nespresso machines as was recommended … there are so many…any reconditions?

Hope that helps.
As Jeff stated, I’m a huge fan of the Nespresso machines for it’s simplicity while the quality and the taste isn’t sacrificed. I never got those bold and rich flavors, or crema from a Keurig machine. I bet it won’t be long before Keurig does start to copy them if they are not already.
Make sure you buy the Vertuo machine over the original. It has more versatility to make a 14oz coffee, to a single or double shot of espresso.

As Jeff stated, I’m a huge fan of the Nespresso machines for it’s simplicity while the quality and the taste isn’t sacrificed. I never got those bold and rich flavors, or crema from a Keurig machine. I bet it won’t be long before Keurig does start to copy them if they are not already.
Make sure you buy the Vertuo machine over the original. It has more versatility to make a 14oz coffee, to a single or double shot of espresso.
Do you have one with a built in milk frother?

As John guessed, Keurig is now making a similar machine.

But Nespressos gift is the quality of coffee that they produce.

I’ll second or third, the Nespresso. I’m honestly surprised how great the coffee is and I don’t know how it does it. We also have a Keurig, that pales in comparison to the Nespresso Vertuo. I’ve been able to find the Starbucks pods at Target and Bed/Bath/Beyond. You can order them online as well. The Nespresso Vertuo comes with 40 assorted pods.

I have a Chemex, which makes great coffee, just take a little bit longer than the Nespresso. I’ve also started looking at a drip machine, because I’d like to get rid of the Keurig, get back into roasting coffee and find something for every morning. I’ve seen the Moccamaster and it looks interesting, along with a few others.

I’ll second or third, the Nespresso. I’m honestly surprised how great the coffee is and I don’t know how it does it. We also have a Keurig, that pales in comparison to the Nespresso Vertuo. I’ve been able to find the Starbucks pods at Target and Bed/Bath/Beyond. You can order them online as well. The Nespresso Vertuo comes with 40 assorted pods.

I have a Chemex, which makes great coffee, just take a little bit longer than the Nespresso. I’ve also started looking at a drip machine, because I’d like to get rid of the Keurig, get back into roasting coffee and find something for every morning. I’ve seen the Moccamaster and it looks interesting, along with a few others.
Brandon, I agree, I don't know how Nespresso does it. Since you gave me the roaster, I have roasted some awesome coffee, and even using the hack I found on line, that coffee is still not as good as the Nespresso pods. Way cheaper, and I like the fact that I can experiment with my own stuff, but still not as good.

So what's the hack to use the Nespresso sans pods?

Nespresso machines puncture the pods on the top, so you can buy replaceable tops for the pods and use your own coffee. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’ve heard good things about it. Just remember that the machine reads a code under the top of the pod, just make sure you reuse a 7 oz or a 14 oz and not the 1.9 espresso pods or you’ll wonder why it keeps shorting you on coffee.

@CigarStone can explain better. We use the Vertuo, not sure which one everyone else has.

Nespresso machines puncture the pods on the top, so you can buy replaceable tops for the pods and use your own coffee. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’ve heard good things about it. Just remember that the machine reads a code under the top of the pod, just make sure you reuse a 7 oz or a 14 oz and not the 1.9 espresso pods or you’ll wonder why it keeps shorting you on coffee.

@CigarStone can explain better. We use the Vertuo, not sure which one everyone else has.
I just kept ending up with a bunch of grinds in my coffee and am happy to pay the extra. 😁

I'm going to throw in the ninja coffee bar, it's nice to have the flexibility to use pods or your own.

I tried the different hacks, the little rubber disc and also the aluminum replacement tops. The aluminum tops are far superior and easier, they cost about $0.08 each. You cut the aluminum lid off a used Pod with a sharp knife and simply fill the Pod with your own coffee and put a new foil lid on which sticks to the rim and works exactly the same way as the original aluminum lid.

You get all the crema, and you get a very good cup of coffee. It's not as good as some of the Nespresso but it is far better than Keurig

You guys have me shopping for a Nespresso machine now...

For a pod coffee machine, it’s great. You won’t be disappointed with it. It’s just not easy to find pods around town, especially in Montana I’m guessing.

For a pod coffee machine, it’s great. You won’t be disappointed with it. It’s just not easy to find pods around town, especially in Montana I’m guessing.
Yeah, I'll just stock up on the aluminum caps Jeff was talking about.

Stubborn French Press user here. Our Keurig is pretty good, but if I'm going to drink coffee, like every day, I press some freshly ground beans. My dear wife finds unused presses at Goodwill for $6.00 or so....one guy's opinion....