• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need advice on coffee pods/cups/machine

Here is the simple hack:

Cut the foil cap off with a sharp knife
Hack5.jpg

Fill with your own coffee .... tap it to settle the coffee ... don't pack it
Hack 4.jpg

Use one of the replacement foils .... self stick
Hack3.jpg

Place a foil on the pod ..... center it well .... I tear the little tab off to make sure it doesn't get in the way of the bar code
Hack 2.jpg
I use the gadget I bought on Amazon to neatly fold the excess over .... I'll show you this in a minute. make sure the bar code is not blocked
Hack 1.jpg

This is the foils I bought ... you can get them a bit cheaper ... I paid $19 for 250
Hack 6.png

This kit is well worth the price .... the bottom part holds the pod while you fill it ..... the top part goes over the pod with new foil and neatly tucks it all in place
Hack 7.png

Here is the simple hack:

Cut the foil cap off with a sharp knife
View attachment 49037

Fill with your own coffee .... tap it to settle the coffee ... don't pack it
View attachment 49038

Use one of the replacement foils .... self stick
View attachment 49039

Place a foil on the pod ..... center it well .... I tear the little tab off to make sure it doesn't get in the way of the bar code
View attachment 49040
I use the gadget I bought on Amazon to neatly fold the excess over .... I'll show you this in a minute. make sure the bar code is not blocked
View attachment 49041

This is the foils I bought ... you can get them a bit cheaper ... I paid $19 for 250
View attachment 49042

This kit is well worth the price .... the bottom part holds the pod while you fill it ..... the top part goes over the pod with new foil and neatly tucks it all in place
View attachment 49043

Gonna have to try it.

Difference in the grind doesn't affect the crema though?

I’d guess a finer grind, results in a better crema. A courser grind would allow the water to flow quicker through the grounds. Just my guess.

I’d guess a finer grind, results in a better crema. A courser grind would allow the water to flow quicker through the grounds. Just my guess

Jeff and I figured that out and I ground the hell out of a batch. It was so fine I guess water couldn’t pass through, and the machine wasn’t too happy about it. Red lights were blinking, and all kinds of weird sounds were coming out of it.

Jeff and I figured that out and I ground the hell out of a batch. It was so fine I guess water couldn’t pass through, and the machine wasn’t too happy about it. Red lights were blinking, and all kinds of weird sounds were coming out of it.
I've definitely done that with my espresso machine! 😂

Difference in the grind doesn't affect the crema though?
No, I get good crema no matter how I grind it, of course I have never ground it coarse. I see no difference in crema between Nespresso pods and my own coffee.

😂 I told John that he had ground it enough .... the grounds were smoking. He said "What!"..... like I was stupid. Then he stuck his finger in the grounds and yelped. Then he proceeded to pack the grounds like a brick! The machine was definitely not happy!

I have a question for those who use a nespresso machine but use the hack with the pods

why the nespresso in the first place vs something like this:

not trolling but seriously curious. I have the brerra at home. And bought nespresso for the office just for the convenience. Along with these - much less than nespresso original pods. But at home I still prefer the taste of gaggia

I have a question for those who use a nespresso machine but use the hack with the pods

why the nespresso in the first place vs something like this:

not trolling but seriously curious. I have the brerra at home. And bought nespresso for the office just for the convenience. Along with these - much less than nespresso original pods. But at home I still prefer the taste of gaggia

Dan .... a couple thoughts.

First .... I never heard of Gaggia

Second .... the machine is more than twice the cost of the Nespresso.

Even though the pods seems to be less money, the hack still makes the Neapresso less in the long run.

All in all, I'd love to try the coffee from the Gaggia to see how they compare.

Oops .... just realized you said Nespresso original. This discussion has all been about Neapresso Vertuo.

Thanks everyone for a master class on Nespresso technology and coffee…so, if I purchase a Neapresso Vertuo.machine…and start using the replacement lids as an option… what size coffee grind do I use in the replacement pods. Can, I use a find grind espresso that is sold in a small grocer. I hope there is an answer….no guessing 😝

Thanks everyone for a master class on Nespresso technology and coffee…so, if I purchase a Neapresso Vertuo.machine…and start using the replacement lids as an option… what size coffee grind do I use in the replacement pods. Can, I use a find grind espresso that is sold in a small grocer. I hope there is an answer….no guessing 😝
I like my coffee strong so I grind it fine. Based on the high pressure injection of air and water, I think the nespresso will do fine espresso well.

I would love to know how Nespresso gets their coffee ground the way they do. When you cut open a used pod and rinse it out, it looks like tiny round beads ..... perfect consistency.

Get a nice grinder to go with your new coffee machine. I have been using a Baratza Virtuoso for several years, has a really wide range of grind sizes and it's easy to adjust. It's gone through a metric shit ton of beans with nary a hiccup.

Get a nice grinder to go with your new coffee machine. I have been using a Baratza Virtuoso for several years, has a really wide range of grind sizes and it's easy to adjust. It's gone through a metric shit ton of beans with nary a hiccup.
That's supposedly the most important key to great coffee is a nice grinder.