• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Netflix and other shows you are watching

We finished "Pieces of her" and it was enjoyable. It was something the wife wanted to watch.

Need to find something else now. I did hear that Reacher is coming out with S2, looking forward to that.
I'm a YUGE fan of Karin Slaughter, the author of "Pieces of Her". Please don't judge any of her work by the abomination of that series. I will say that in its defense, the production faced a lot of limitations as it was filmed in the midst of COVID, and was confined to a very small area of New Zealand (I believe... maybe Australia), and used all local actors who lived there and could stay inside the bubble. That said, it just plain sucked. I was so disappointed in it. Go read the book.

I'm really looking forward to Reacher. If I recall correctly, this is mainly based on "Bad Luck and Trouble" -- if I'm remembering my Reacher plots right. Last season was phenomenal up until the last episode. I still can't complain, though, because this series is the Jack Reacher we fans have been clamoring for. I also read that Lana Parrilla is supposed to be in this season, which would be a satisfactory trade off for not having Willa Fitzgerald back. ;)

Last edited:
Blue Eye Samurai.

Thank you for recommending this one, Paul! So damn good.

Started The Recruit last night. My wife wanted to watch it and it's ok so far. I still can't take Noah Centineo seriously yet, from the HS comedies we've watched.

The Killer on Netflix ... a little different take on the life of an assassin.

The Killer on Netflix ... a little different take on the life of an assassin.
Does it fall under the, "Retired Assassin Pulled Back In" trope, or the, "Assassin Refuses To Kill Target And Is Now On The Run With A Crisis Of Conscience" trope?

Lately I have been watching Mountain Men. It's a good show but like most reality style show it's got its gimmicks.

Does it fall under the, "Retired Assassin Pulled Back In" trope, or the, "Assassin Refuses To Kill Target And Is Now On The Run With A Crisis Of Conscience" trope?
More like the internal dialog of what's in the assassin's mind and how he approaches the job followed by what can happen when it becomes personal.

More like the internal dialog of what's in the assassin's mind and how he approaches the job followed by what can happen when it becomes personal.
Interesting. I like Fassbender, so I'll give it a shot.

No pun intended.

Maybe.

Right now I'm watching Monarch: Legacy of Monsters, a spin off series of the last few Godzilla movies, and the newest season of For All Mankind on AppleTV . . . waiting for new seasons of The Boys and Reacher to arrive on Amazon Prime.

Both of the AppleTV shows are great!

~Boar

Right now I'm watching Monarch: Legacy of Monsters, a spin off series of the last few Godzilla movies, and the newest season of For All Mankind on AppleTV . . . waiting for new seasons of The Boys and Reacher to arrive on Amazon Prime.

Both of the AppleTV shows are great!

~Boar
How is Monarch so far?

Has anyone watched Shorsey? Might be one of the best half hour comedy shows of all time. Great characters, jokes, story and lots of heart

Finished "The Recruit" and it was enjoyable.

We started "In the Dark" last night and watched 2 episodes. Perry Mattfeld, who plays the blind character, is pretty dang hot. Although she's married to butt fumble Mark Sanchez, I'd let her eat crackers in my bed anytime.

For those of you that watched Squid Games on Netflix, the new show out Squid Games The Challenge is freaking awesome! Its hilarious and suspenseful to watch real people play those games and have no idea whats coming next...not your typical game/reality show. But I would say you should watch the actual show before the challenge.

For those of you that watched Squid Games on Netflix, the new show out Squid Games The Challenge is freaking awesome! Its hilarious and suspenseful to watch real people play those games and have no idea whats coming next...not your typical game/reality show. But I would say you should watch the actual show before the challenge.
Yes!!! I've been binging the hell out that show! I can't wait for the final episode.

Finished "The Recruit" and it was enjoyable.

We started "In the Dark" last night and watched 2 episodes. Perry Mattfeld, who plays the blind character, is pretty dang hot. Although she's married to butt fumble Mark Sanchez, I'd let her eat crackers in my bed anytime.
Really liked in the dark. Mostly. The final season could have been better. Let me know what you think when you get there. Pretty entertaining though.

Started watching "Lawmen: Bass Reeves” last night on Paramount+. It’s based on a true story, and well made. Looking forward to the next episodes…