• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL talk

I often hear the Cowboys referred to as "the boys". Is that because they usually play like boys among men?:)
I'm a Niner fan... and we played like children. Dallas is referred by most as the cowgirls in my circles.

I get an email from DirecTV telling me I have NFL Sunday Ticket Max (or whatever the super-duper package is) for free! Small print says that if I don't call them to cancel before the end of 2nd week of the 2022 season, I automatically authorize them to charge me full price for next year - $400 if the price doesn't go up.

This seems a bit shady. If I just ignore this email, I'm on the hook for $400 for something I didn't ask for.

" 2022 NFL SUNDAY TICKET regular full-season retail price is $293.94. 2022 NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX regular full-season retail price is $395.94. NFL SUNDAY TICKET and NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX subscription will renew automatically each season thereafter, provided that DIRECTV carries these services, at the thenprevailing rate unless you call to change or cancel by the date specified in your renewal notice. Up until two weeks after the 2022 season starts, you can cancel anytime and receive any applicable refund. Subscription cannot be canceled (in part or in whole) after the first two weeks of the season and subscription fee cannot be refunded. "
Good news for you is there's no way in hell they have the package next year. It's going up for bid and they won't come close to winning it.

he took out the GOAT Tom Brady

Todd Bowles took out Tom Brady. No one else is dumb enough to call a zero blitz and leave kupp naked. Buffalo throttled them because they didn't blitz at all. A DC with even a quarter of a brain wins that game.

And for all his stupidity, Bowles got a promotion.

I get an email from DirecTV telling me I have NFL Sunday Ticket Max (or whatever the super-duper package is) for free! Small print says that if I don't call them to cancel before the end of 2nd week of the 2022 season, I automatically authorize them to charge me full price for next year - $400 if the price doesn't go up.

This seems a bit shady. If I just ignore this email, I'm on the hook for $400 for something I didn't ask for.

" 2022 NFL SUNDAY TICKET regular full-season retail price is $293.94. 2022 NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX regular full-season retail price is $395.94. NFL SUNDAY TICKET and NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX subscription will renew automatically each season thereafter, provided that DIRECTV carries these services, at the thenprevailing rate unless you call to change or cancel by the date specified in your renewal notice. Up until two weeks after the 2022 season starts, you can cancel anytime and receive any applicable refund. Subscription cannot be canceled (in part or in whole) after the first two weeks of the season and subscription fee cannot be refunded. "
Any company owned by AT&T is pretty much guaranteed to be shady. In my professional career as a consultant in the telecom industry, AT&T is the most unscrupulous company I have ever seen. But I made a lot of money doing first line litigation and got back millions from AT&T for my clients. :)

The government busted them up circa 1985 but they have rebuilt the monopoly bigger than ever.

Good news for you is there's no way in hell they have the package next year. It's going up for bid and they won't come close to winning it.

I called them up and demanded to be taken off the free list. The guy couldn't understand why. I read the email to him, talking to him I *think* that I would have had until the 2nd week of 2023 season to cancel, at least that's what he kept trying to get across. Maybe a typo in the email? We'll never know, but I'm going off what's in writing vs some call center guy's best guess.

I called them up and demanded to be taken off the free list. The guy couldn't understand why. I read the email to him, talking to him I *think* that I would have had until the 2nd week of 2023 season to cancel, at least that's what he kept trying to get across. Maybe a typo in the email? We'll never know, but I'm going off what's in writing vs some call center guy's best guess.
When I canceled my Direct TV account a few years ago, after countless mysterious charges, they informed me that I had 30 days to return my equipment and that they would be sending me a preformed box to return it in. I received the preformed box on the 28th day and turned it around that day. They charged me $235 for the equipment and would not listen to the fact that they took 28 days to get the box to me. I finally spoke to a lady who understood and said she would take care of it. A week later they reported me to the credit bureau.

AT&T has bought up so many companies they simply can't keep the multiple IT and communication platforms straight and they don't give a shit!

How the heck do you fumble the ball twice on the goal line and expect to win? Also bad time management by the coach at the end, so many bad penalties.

That's a brutal honest assessment. It's hard to see everything but that was a preventable sack!
Yeah, I get the impression when I watch Murray that he doesn't see the field, he has a receiver in mind, and if that guy isn't open, he's taking off.

Yeah, I get the impression when I watch Murray that he doesn't see the field, he has a receiver in mind, and if that guy isn't open, he's taking off.
I know he is height challenged, but his footbal IQ isn't there. Not recognizing defenses will shorten your career. On the other side of the ball Mahomes looked unstoppable.

I know he is height challenged, but his footbal IQ isn't there. Not recognizing defenses will shorten your career. On the other side of the ball Mahomes looked unstoppable.
Mahomes continues to defy logic. Usually when a phenom comes into the league, the league soon figures him out and the phenom comes back to earth.

Mahomes continues to defy logic. Usually when a phenom comes into the league, the league soon figures him out and the phenom comes back to earth.
He is a once in a lifetime player, they kinda figured him out last year. He did get intercepted at a higher rate than previously, but still looked like a world beater.

Seattle likely doesn't win a lot of games this year, but last night was so sweet. Thank you Denver for taking Wilson off our hands. You got fleeced.

Denver is probably a better team with Wilson vs. Lock, but so what. If Denver even makes the playoffs at best it'll be a wild card, and dollars to donuts Wilson will have the crap beaten out him by then. He's a sack magnet. Don't care how good your line is, he's going to be one of the most sacked in the league each year, and he is only getting older.

Wilson does do one thing great/elite. He's got one of the best if not the best long balls in the league. It is a thing of beauty, but it's the only part of his game that has gotten better over the last few years.