• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL talk

Apparently nobody told Baker that in order to demand a trade, there has to be teams that would want to trade for you.

Ya that’s different lol. Isn’t his contract bigger than Rodgers? I have a hard time deciphering these contracts.

Either way, that’s a lot of money to give plus whatever else for a guy who sat for a year. And surely there will be some kind of fallout from the lawsuit in the public eye, and maybe even with the nfl.

Ya that’s different lol. Isn’t his contract bigger than Rodgers? I have a hard time deciphering these contracts.

Either way, that’s a lot of money to give plus whatever else for a guy who sat for a year. And surely there will be some kind of fallout from the lawsuit in the public eye, and maybe even with the nfl.
It’s the most guaranteed in NFL history

It’s the most guaranteed in NFL history

Watson will receive a five-year, fully guaranteed $230 million contract from the Browns, per Rapoport. As part of the deal, the QB will receive a $45 million signing bonus and his base salary for the 2022 season will be $1 million, Pelissero added.

😳

Watson will receive a five-year, fully guaranteed $230 million contract from the Browns, per Rapoport. As part of the deal, the QB will receive a $45 million signing bonus and his base salary for the 2022 season will be $1 million, Pelissero added.

😳
I heard someone saying they structured his contract like that so they can get out of it easy if they want.

I heard someone saying they structured his contract like that so they can get out of it easy if they want.
Watson made it clear on numerous occasions that he wanted to play in a warm climate. Cleveland, by making his 2022 income be in the form of a signing bonus, made sure he wouldn't lose any money even if he doesn't play a single down due to suspension.

Watson is barely a 500 QB, he has won one playoff game, and he is a ticking time bomb who has already caused a lot of dissension in Cleveland. >>>Link<<<

The Browns will likely mis-manage him as they have with all of their top talent, and this will probably put the Browns right back where they were for 30 years.

Apparently nobody told Baker that in order to demand a trade, there has to be teams that would want to trade for you.
I think it says a lot that a Browns top executive was quoted as saying they "wanted an adult at QB".

Mayfield thinks he's is elite, but he is average, he is immature and emotional, and the phone aint ringin!

I'm curious what will happen if another week goes by and there is n interest in him?

I can’t imagine no one picking up mayfield. But whomever the suitor is, do they have to give up picks and take on the contract? Or can they sign him for whatever they want?

He might just be a high priced backup qb for the browns…

When he pays off the 22 victims he'll have nothing, John
I can’t imagine no one picking up mayfield. But whomever the suitor is, do they have to give up picks and take on the contract? Or can they sign him for whatever they want?

He might just be a high priced backup qb for the browns…
Since the NFL has racism on the brain, he may get off scott-free.

I think his 18.8M has to go with him, and this is why nobody wants him, that and his limited ability.

I don't know what happens if they cut him?

Browns want a 1st round pick for Mayfield. The phone is not ringing. Plus teams dont want to deal with the baggage. Pittsburgh will pick him up for a cup of coffee. The Browns will eat the 18 Mil as its all guaranteed $$, if they cut or trade him. No team is willing to put up $$ to help the Browns out when they dont have to. I suppose he does have some value but not what they are asking. John

Last edited:
I think it would at least cost someone a compensatory pick unless he clears waivers.

Browns want a 1st round pick for Mayfield. The phone is not ringing. Plus teams dont want to deal with the baggage. Pittsburgh will pick him up for a cup of coffee. The Browns will eat the 18 Mil as its all guaranteed $$, if they cut or trade him. No team is willing to put up $$ to help the Browns out when they dont have to. I suppose he does have some value but not what they are asking. John
Is this the case? Fully guaranteed?

The Browns are nuts if they think someone will give up a 1st rounder to take on a severely overpaid player.

Trade me your free and clear 2021 F-150 for my 2015 Chevy Lumina along with the 4 year $1000/month loan?🤪

I can understand the apprehension about taking on Baker right now. I'm sure the moment the Browns have to start shelling out the money for roster bonuses or whatever else, he will get cut loose. I would guess he is going to clear waivers at that point and then someone like the panthers (who have said they weren't interested) will sign him to a much lesser prove it type contract. The biggest question in my mind is how well will he come back from that surgery. He wasn't great before it, so hopefully it has no extra negative effects.

I guess what I am saying here, despite all the negative press and the "no team is calling looking for him" stuff, he is probably still better than quite a few QB's out there. At the very least he should get a backup job somewhere with a chance to compete for a starting spot.

The most interesting thing on my feed this morning was talk of OBJ and Landry coming back to Cleveland because watson is there. But I've also heard of Fuller showing up there too. Again, questions arise on watson possible suspension, and whether or not sitting for a year has formed a layer of rust on his skills. The fact that cleveland was willing to take on the negative press and spend all that money and draft picks leads me to believe he still has the skills. I would assume he worked out for them, because if he did not, then the front office of cleveland takes the reigns from the loins as dumbest in the nfl. Though I am somewhat impressed with what the loins have done so far in the off season.

I also keep seeing malik willis to the lions.....all over the place. I feel he is over hyped, and I am on the fence on whether or not over teams in the league are trying to lead the lions into a trap by taking him. I'm not a goff fan either, but I'd rather pay hutchenson or that other guy (name escapes me) the money that a #2 pick gets or trade out of the pick completely than to take the qb so high. Let atlanta trade up to 1 to get him...