• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nicotine Sickness

Apparently you didn't read the disclaimer: 'Don't be fooled by the connecticut wrapper which is often used to calm the robust and spicy nature of Nicaraguan tobacco. This cigar is not the norm of a connecticut wrapped cigar, as Don Pepin has cured this leaf to be richer and more full-bodied, surely one of the strongest connecticut wrapped cigars in the market.'

When I first saw these I was like Pepin and 'mild' connecticut wrapper...never happen. I smoked one outside during the winter between the cold and spice it made exhaling through the nose almost impossible. Hang in there it gets better.

I got kicked in the Gut by two cigars one when I was a kid snuck one of grandpas smokes it was good but man I barfed so much.

And then out of all the Maduros and other cigars I smoked I got kicked buy a CAO Brazilia the other day smoking in the closed up car on the way to work man I need to learn to crack a window haha rp :0

I've never gotten sick shortly after smoking a cigar, but I've felt pretty friggin bad the next day a time or two!

Of course I think the quality of the smokes I had may have had something to do with it as well. :whistling:

I never used to get nicotine sickness with cigars until the first time I smoked a Power Ranger. It was deceptively smoothe but it packed a wallup. For about a half an hour afterwards I would get dizzy every time I tried to stand up. I've smoked a few since without any side effects but that first one was a doozy! I've also had a couple of LFD DL chisels that have given me heart palpatations.

I have had a good buzz from a few stout cigars but i ever got sick from them (unless you count the Acid i tried). There was a slight taste of bile in my mouth after a 1/3 of the way through it but that was because of the sh*t taste of the cigar (if you can call them cigars). :laugh:

This has happended to me twice. Both when I first started smoking cigars.

Both were hoyo rothchild maduro maduro. Never smoked another one since.

Oh it hurts so good at times!

This has been a problem for me and very much so lately. I never get the buzz, just the sickness, and I would rather be drunk sick any day!

Maybe I should see a doctor?

Is it possible that I am just destined to give away all of my cigars!

This has been a problem for me and very much so lately. I never get the buzz, just the sickness, and I would rather be drunk sick any day!

Maybe I should see a doctor?

Is it possible that I am just destined to give away all of my cigars!

You have my addy Justin, i'll be more than happy to take them :whistling:

Embrace the ride - - that's an E-ticket high that only comes around every once in a while :cool:

Last one that grabbed me was back in May hanging with BlueDragon - smoked a Maduro 5 Secretos...

When first starting (still rather green in general though) I tried tossing some logs and do some other yard work while smoking, managed to take a solid breath off a cigar on accident. Darn near passed out on the spot (never was a smoker or such prior), felt like crap for a while after with a spinning head and sweats. Some sugar/soda/food helped. Now I try and relax and enjoy rather than cram in a smoke.

Same exact thing happened to me last year.Worked all day,skipped lunch and smoked an Anejo 46.For the first 3/4 of the cigar I was in heaven.Awesome smoke.I promised the little ones I would take them for an ice cream when I was done with my cigar.Then it hit me.I could barely stand up.I had to lay on the couch motionless for about an hour with the kids saying(every 5 min.s)"can we go now"Now I make sure I have some food in my belly before smoking anything.

Haven't had this happen with cigars but the first time with cigarettes was bad. Crossing my fingers and keeping my stomach full.
Have a great weekend everyone.

From the time this thread started, I never read it without smiling....it probably has happened to most of us at one time or another...if we will admit it :laugh:

I have smoked CC for many years without incident but early on with the Opus and VSGs...man, I had to pace myself with some of those sticks! I think as I get older it effects me more. Now with the influx of the more powerful Nicaraguan cigars (Tats, DPG,etc), again I have to pace myself when smoking some of them. Plus I smoke less these days, when I smoked 2-4 cigars a day and had that nicotine build up...no issues.

My son had his first case of 'Havana Haze' during the Summer with a Nub cigar...when he described the experience, it was classic. He had the good fortune to saying a kneeling prayer to the Porcelain God as well! He didn't smoke a cigar for 3 weeks after that! Like Wilkey said...."Welcome to the club."

Great Thread.

My first "real" experience with the sickness came from an Oliva Serie V. I had nothing to eat and I smoked it at the cigar shop chatting with some old timers and I was just puffing away pretty fast not realizing what I was doing.

It hit me in the car halfway home and I was down for the count for a good half hour. I haven't smoked one since although I know that's silly.

Last time it hit me was a month or so ago after a FFOX. Again, it had been about 5 hrs. since I had eaten. And the damn thing wasn't burning right and I was having major issues with it, which caused me to puff a lot more than usual... anyway as soon as I was done I went inside and ate a banana and had a Coke and I was good to go in a matter of 5-10 minutes.

Sugar is the answer!

I'd say I've only had the real sickness about 3-4 times. Just have to pay attention to what you've eaten that day and what you're drinking with it. Also how fast you're smoking.

I was on a search to find more robust cigars than I could find by myself, so I asked a fellow cigarpass friend to recommend me something. I forget which cigar it was, but it came in an aluminum tube and it was as black as night. I was like alright, this is going to be a good cigar. Fired it up, sure enough, I got what I asked for. I'm a quarter way into the cigar thinking "damn, this is one hell of a robust cigar..so much flavor". And then it started to hit me. At first I thought I could just slow down how fast I was smoking the cigar, but I was in too deep already. What a shame, had to abandon the cigar and head to the bathroom because I was feeling mighty green. Never puked, but it took an hour of praying to the porcelain goddess and laying in bed to feel better.

And that was only one time...Maybe I'll learn how to not be such a noob.

I got nicotine sickness when I quicked smoked a La Aurora 1495 to the nub. It took me about 3 hours to get over, I now take my time when I smoke my cigars.

Usually nicotine sickness is Dehydration. Getting the cold sweats, nausea, dizziness, and headaches are all symptoms. So next time your smoking a particularly strong one put down the glass of scotch (which dehydrates you even further) and drink a bottle of water.

If you want to know what nicotine sickness really feels like buy a tin of Skoal Edge and throw in a Double Horseshoe. :whistling: