• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nightmares do come true...

I'll tell you what. Loren and I have sat down and talked this thing through many times in the last few weeks and it makes you think. All you have to do is bitch to a prosecutor and you get charged with a FELONY?! Every time I hear this one I just can't believe it.

Before I go off on a rant of massive proportions, I will say this, everything is going to work out on this.

Oh yea, and Loren in a suit is a sight to behold :cool:

Loren all I can say is wow! Hope it works out in your favor. :thumbs:

Thank you all for the support. Too answer the charge its a Felony charge of Unlawful use of a Weapon which is the section that takes place out of YOUR residence.

Anyways I just got back. I drank some nice Scotch and smoked my 2nd Opus of the day. Again, thank you all. :thumbs:

Good luck Loren, I still can't believe shit like this happens

Wow, what an event Loren! I hope everything works out and look forward to hearing the results.

So anyways, here is a little interesting story. What you are about to read is true. As some CP'ers have heard the story, the rest will now hear it.

My neighbors above me have always been excessively loud. Vacuuming at 4am and waking me up out of a dead sleep. She would walk so loud my windows would shake. Mind you my floor has concrete under it. She did everything she could in an attempt to make my life a living hell. I went to them first and was very civil with them. I asked them nicely if they would mind keeping it down. If anyone has seen my computer, its my entire entertainment center so I generally get the best stuff for it with it being my tv, music, online radio, dvd's, etc etc etc. I generally have nice headphones blasting as loud as the nice sound card can go so I don't disturb anyone.

But this girl has no common sense and an utter dislike and hatred for me that one can't even describe. Needless to say being civil with her and the shack up boyfriend didn't work. So it was time to be serious and I addressed this situation with the apartment manager many many many many times. It specifies in the contract excessive noise is a no-no and can result with you getting evicted. Mind you the apartment manager is a really old lady which has no business being in her position. But oh well...What do you do when you was on a very limited income and rent was only $380 a month all utilities paid. This all took place in Aug 2005 and Dec 2006 before I received my real retirement letter from the VA Administration. Needless to say, my complaints fell on deaf ears and was told by the Apartment Manager that I need to call the Cops. Thus, I had to call the cops when I hated to do it, but I deserve my peace and quiet like any paying tenant. Keep in mind that I lived here from June 2002 to present and they moved in Aug 2005 and left Dec 2006.

The Cops naturally didn't do a damn thing about it. Several times they heard the noise coming from their apartment and didn't issue tickets. So fast forward it to Nov 27th, 2006 as this type of stuff went on throughout their whole time above me. All my friends have heard it and they hate coming over because she is just so damn loud. So at approxiamately 9 pm'ish to 9:30pm I banged on the wall as the girl above me was making my windows shake. She proceeded to walk even louder. I'm on the phone with my brother and he is bitching at me because he can hear her over me. Mind you I am trying to enjoy one of my last Partagas 160's I got at Outlaw. All the while thinking they will be going home for Xmas and I am heading to my brother's place to put in my VA paperwork for a Home. I'm keeping my eye on the ball knowing I would probably move in the Spring 2007 to somewhere in the Summer when its nice out.

So I banged on the wall once again. Hoping she would get a hint through her thick, non-educated, country bumpkin fat ass, career Domino's delivery driver that she is making way to much noise. She walks even louder than before. So I yell up, "Can you walk any freaking louder?" Naturally she walks louder. I know calling the Cop's is pointless as I have called them on this couple over 4 to 8 times in a year. I do not make any noise as I do not want to bother anyone else. So at 9:49pm I hear this sound like some maniac is banging on my door. I naturally get up with the phone in hand as I have the headphones in while talking on the phone. I generally will talk with my brother an average 4k to 6k mins a month as this is the only way reasonable to talk with him. I get free mins after 9pm till 7am Mon thru Friday when at 9pm its free till Monday at 7am. Still smoking my Partagas 160 which is keeping me sane at this point. I look out my peep hole and I can't identify who is outside my door banging on it like they wanted to knock it off the hinges.

I went to my home security defense weapon aka a .38 Special. I took some puffs before opening the door while still on the phone with my brother. I get the door open with my right arm at approxiamately a 45 degree angle and the gun pointed to the ground. I do not put my finger on the trigger, but I make it a practice so that I can cock the revolver in one swift move and be ready to rock if I am forced too. Its a Double Action so its really a mute point and I ALWAYS keep the hammer on a empty chamber so it only has 5 rounds instead of the normal 6. I'm a little paranoid if I drop the damn thing it will go off knowing my luck and this weapon can't do that anyways. I see that its her as I step back to finish opening the door. The first thing she does is cross her arms and takes a little step forward and yells at me..."Do you have a PROBLEM with me?"

Naturally I have the cigar in my mouth so I can't speak. I move my LEFT hand up so I can pull the cigar out of my mouth. I said..."Yeah I have a problem with you making excessive noise at all hours." I then put the cigar back in my mouth and shut the door in her face. Locked it up like usual and everyone thinks I am paranoid because I keep my doors locked at all times. Still on the phone with my brother and now I am just wanting to relax hard core. So I am just sitting here looking at CP forums while chatting away like an old woman with my brother. Hell he is as bad as I am on the phone. Then I hear a knock on my door. I'm like now what. I look at the peephole and muttered something like who is it and no response. I get another knock. The individual put their thumb over my peephole so I can't even see out of it.

So I put the cigar in my mouth and open the door the EXACT same way. Its the Police with their weapons drawn having a shit fit when they see my .38 in my right hand pointing down at a angle and to the back of me. They are telling me to put the gun down and all that...I can't speak and trying to mutter in hopes they can understand me with the cigar in my mouth. Ok ok...I'm stepping back so I can put it on my couch. I was saying this as best as I could and moving very carefully doing the same thing. I was afraid to take the cigar out of my mouth so I just went with the flow. I step forward slowly with my hands in the air away from the gun. They then asked if I had any other weapons and I said yeah my shotgun but its like 15 feet from us so they wasn't worried. So they have me at my door talking with the one officer while the other looked at my handgun. He points it at me and the other officer so I asked him if he could point it else where. He said something like sorry and pointed it else where. Long story short I am being arrested for Disorderly Conduct. Still on the phone with my brother so he has heard this whole thing how it started till this point.

I was then taken to the Police Department in Handcuffs and then had my mug shot taken. I exercised my Miranda Rights and said I wanted a lawyer. Because my brother called me while I was at the Station. The Cops told me they felt I wasn't a threat so they took the hand cuffs off immediately when I was in the Processing section. Brother called and told me to shut up and ask for a lawyer. I listened to him. Once done with the paper work they drive me home where ALL my weapons are still at. You will think....WTF right? They have a legal right to hold me for a 24 hours cool down period and didn't because they thought I wasn't a threat to anyone.

So on Nov 28th, the girl goes in saying how she wants me evicted from the apartment RIGHT NOW. She said I answered the door with a gun. I have 3 witnesses to this and she even bragged she was going to get a Restraining Order against me. One thing I have to say is this...I give out a lot of cigars to people at the Apartment Complex so not much gets past me for information. Just glad 2 of the witnesses are Employee's and one was a guy I know. Fast forward again to Dec 8th, 2006. I get a knock on my door and its the Police with guns drawn and ready to fire. They informed me the Misdemeanor Charge I was facing and going to Court on Dec 12 was dropped and that the Prosecutor was now issuing a Warrant for my arrest and its a FELONY CHARGE. How convinient. Mind you the key point is they DIDN'T TAKE my WEAPONS AGAIN. This is the 2nd time so far.

She couldn't get a restraining order nor me evicted. So I get transfered to the County Jail as its now a elevated charge by the State of Missouri. I then get transfered to a Prison because of all my health problems which entail vertabrae damage in the Neck, middle, and lower spine. Also severe nerve damage in the left leg and a bad hip. Means I fall and even Seadub saw me fall last year at his place. But I am used to it and they wasn't. I'm taken out in the middle of no where and no way of telling anyone what has happened.

I went to my court date on Dec 12th and I asked the Judge if I could be released on my own recognance as this is my first offense and even told him all my medical problems including the stomach cancer I had in 2004. No worries as it was taken care of then and hasn't relapsed as I have done what the Doctor's have told me other than the fact I will smoke my cigars come hell to high water. I even went so far to tell the Judge if it would make the decision easier, you can have either the County Sheriff Department or the Police Department to go into my place and confiscate my weapons till this was settled in a Court of Law. Three times now they have had a opportunity to take my weapons and haven't. I know what you are thinking...WTF. Its freaking evidence and they also have to check to see if it will even fire under this charge here for this State as what my lawyer told me.
I was taken back to Prison and 2 days later I was released out on bail. My father got me out and the family hates each other but in the time of crisis, they put that shit behind them and worked together to help me out of this jam.

This happened when Swissy had conspired with the Outlaw crew for my SS stash he came up with. He managed to get me on the 2 of the 3 cigar boards I am a member of. CP is still my home and thus where I am most active at. It really made my day when I saw what he did and I can't even express in words how thankful I was at his genoristy. At this point in time I have no paper work from the Police or the Court. I finally got that stuff nearly 3 weeks after this whole incident took place. So in Jan 2007 I have to goto Court and I had already hired a lawyer to defend me. I deferred the preliminary hearing as I know I am not guilty as I didn't do a thing illegal according to the law. Keep in mind they are CHARGING me with a Felony that deals OUTSIDE your home, not while you are standing in your home. She had to go down 14 stairs aka 2 flights of stairs to confront me. She told the Police she was sooo scared for her life and sooo threatened too. Also said I was moving the gun in a up and down motion in front of me. I've been trained in guns and do not do that bullshit. I have plenty of people that have seen me on a firing range to know I don't do stupid shit like that, but anyways. She did notice that I was smoking a cigar and had a gun in my hand, but couldn't see the earphones in my ear nor the phone in my hand. She told the cops she saw the cigar.

The Prosecutor sent down a plea bargain before I deferred my Preliminary and have my case taken straight to the District Courts. He offered a Misdemeanor charge and my lawyer knows I do not want a plea bargain. Needless to say I goto my Initial Arraignment on Monday, Feb 5th 2007 at 1pm. I already told my lawyer I want a Jury trial of my peers in a gun happy county filled with a bunch of red neck hunters and just happen to be pretty religious here and many veterans from all different wars. You may ask why would I want that. Because they have NO witnesses nor evidence to support their case. Other than her word so in reality it comes down to he said, she said. With me being in my apartment and her being out of her residence 2 flights of stairs down. The Cops also informed me that she was married and just got her divorce. She was sleeping with another guy while she was married and supposedly got pregnant out with the man she isn't married too. Yeah, a real good character and my lawyer made special notes on what I said and this was one of them.

She hasn't been a member of this community overly long like 1 year and 3 months. I have been here in the same apartment for over 4 1/2 years now. She had 3 points of exits if she was so scared and threatened. She didn't yell for help nor did she run away in panic after I closed the door in her face. In fact she went up so quiet I didn't hear her go up and she usually walks louder than a heard of elephants which I have about 4 hours of tape recording of her making noise. Unfortunately I did this after I was arrested on the Felony charge. I know better now. Remember my brother was on the phone the whole time and I have phone records to prove it. Also remember I have 3 witnesses which is hear say to ME directly but not in a court of law when my lawyer will have to call them up to testify to what she did the next day. The one lady that works for the apartment complex took a bunch of notes in what this girl said. She didn't even tell them she was scared either so she has changed her story a few times during this whole process or ordeal from hell. On top of it, my neighbor directly next to me has heard this girl walk and everything else. She also was woke up during the incident at the door so I don't know exactly what she heard but we get along great as she is around 50 years old.

So needless to say I haven't really been able to buy smokes and thus the reason you all have seen me smoke some crazy ass smokes during this whole process. I already have my celebration smokes ready if the Judge dismisses the case on Monday. That is the entire incident as it exactly happened. So hopefully the Judge will toss it out after he asks me how I plead. If he decides to continue with the case, this will be an interesting few months for me but I am gonna live life to the max as I'd rather prepare for the worse. So thanks to OpusXKC this weekend we managed to get me a nice 1970's 3 piece suit, pressed, a nice new shirt to go with it, and a mutual friend, Andy in letting me borrow a tie so I can be very presentable in Court on Monday. I'm as calm as one can be in this situation and while grinning and smiling. Thus keeping my spirits up.

Thats it so I hope all goes well and in my favor. Needless to say, all my weapons are no longer in this state as the lawyer and my bails bond lady was very concerned about them and wanted them gone. Peace out and sorry for the long post. Again, thanks for all the support from the KC crew and especially OpusXKC for all he has done for me upto this point in time. You have gone well beyond being a BOTL in many ways my friend. :thumbs:

Mr Peat aka Loren

Good luck today!! Let everyone know how it turns out we all are hoping for a good outcome (and that b***h gets hers).

Good luck today, Loren. I've been in a bit of trouble before (justified trouble) and I know how nerve-wrecking a wait can be. Lucky me, the orange jumpers go with my eyes! :cool:

What a freaking nightmare Loren! Good LUCK today buddy, I know God will be on your side and everything will be alright :thumbs: !

Wow, you guys really are Outlaws. Don’t take this lying down, you stick to your guns! :whistling:

Kidding aside, I wish you the best Loren. I'll be praying Justice prevails.

Time to dig the trenches as this is proceeding forth. I have my next court date at April 9th, 2007 at 9am. I finally got to read all the statements made by this girl and the cops. I think I lost over 50 points on my IQ score. You want a good laugh, they provide it. The Cops can't even spell loud and they spell it as load. A bunch of holes on the cops side as they said I have a 9mm pistol in my apartment when I don't. She made the second statement like I was some wild beast looking to kill everyone in my way. She even made a slight comment that I was frothing at the mouth. :laugh: The first statement she made it sound like she was an angel and can never do anything wrong while I was some mad man looking for trouble. I forgot to add that she is just 21 yo as well. Previously married and now divorced at such a young age. I think I know why now. :laugh:

So I get to dig the trenches and see how this turns out. It looks like the next step will be that the Judge will review the case and go from there. Either way, I've dug in for the long haul and preparing for the worst case scenerio. Good news is that the original Plea Bargain of 5 years probation and thats it will be on the table till the next court date. I say they can shove it where the sun shouldn't shine. My lawyer is going to talk to him tomorrow and see if she can't get something better from him. She knows that I won't just take anything because I'd rather have the Prosecutor prove beyond a reasonable doubt that is what happened and that the gun was capable of doing deadly force in front of 12 jurors of my peers. Anyways, I get to dig in for a very long time and just wait this one out. The lawyer did say the Prosecutor Office hates to goto trial and that most cases in this county are settled by a Plea Bargain. Which I am not prepared to do whatsoever. :D

Well Loren, I am glad to see that your not typing this from a jail cell. Sounds like there are lots of holes in this case. I hope that it all works out bro..

Oh yea, and Loren in a suit is a sight to behold :cool:

Where are the pics???

Actually Tony didn't see me in a suit. Just kinda half assed it while checking it out. I put it on today like one should and I must say it did look sharp. And remember, you won't see me in a suit very often. You have a better chance at spotting a Bald Eagle main lining a line of Crack and Meth than see me in a suit. :laugh:

Loren,

Hang in there brother. Don't cop a plea if you know you are in the right and can be proven so.

Wilkey

Loren,

Hang in there brother. Don't cop a plea if you know you are in the right and can be proven so.

Wilkey

Don't worry because I will not cop a plea as I did nothing wrong. Hopefully I will get a copy of the reports as I want to have something to read that makes me laugh and these reports written on a 1st Grade level is a real hoot. Anyways, its time for a good smoke.

well, that wasn't the great news I was hoping to hear, but it's better than introducing us to Bubba, your new cellmate and lover! :laugh:

Hang in there.. sounds like it'll go your way as long as you play along and jump thru all the damn hoops... :thumbs:

Loren,

Wilkey

Don't worry because I will not cop a plea as I did nothing wrong. Hopefully I will get a copy of the reports as I want to have something to read that makes me laugh and these reports written on a 1st Grade level is a real hoot. Anyways, its time for a good smoke.

After a day like today at the races, you deserve a good smoke and then some. Know that all of us are pulling for you. Hang in there and, G-d willing, justice will prevail. Good luck!! :thumbs:

Oh, just another nice little quip I found out there. Here is a direct quote from the Missouri State Constitution:

"the right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or when lawfully summoned in aid of the civil power shall not be questioned"

Interesting :whistling: