• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Non-Cigar Purchases

Nice lookin Mustang! Did you get a GT, 6spd or auto? I bought a Black GT PP1 last year.
Nope, I need the mileage. I was going GT all the way, but now I don't have faith in our Federal Government when it comes to fuel availability and pricing. I don't know if you read about this, but there is a shortage of octane in the marketplace and the Feds are holding it back from companies who blend pump 93...and they have their sights set on eliminating E-85 as they are trying to destroy the performance car sector.

This one is an Antimatter blue Ecoboost Premium auto, HPP, HP, 201-A, the works....I get a combined 28mpg...35 on the highway. Love the active exhaust and the ride & track modes. I already added the jacking rails, trunk pop, gas hood struts, and a K&N filter. Still have 2 1/2 years of warranty on it...so nothing major at this point.

Nope, I need the mileage. I was going GT all the way, but now I don't have faith in our Federal Government when it comes to fuel availability and pricing. I don't know if you read about this, but there is a shortage of octane in the marketplace and the Feds are holding it back from companies who blend pump 93...and they have their sights set on eliminating E-85 as they are trying to destroy the performance car sector.

This one is an Antimatter blue Ecoboost Premium auto, HPP, HP, 201-A, the works....I get a combined 28mpg...35 on the highway. Love the active exhaust and the ride & track modes. I already added the jacking rails, trunk pop, gas hood struts, and a K&N filter. Still have 2 1/2 years of warranty on it...so nothing major at this point.
Yeah, I'm staying away from an E-85 tune. I don't think there are many stations around here that even offer it, so that is a no go for me. I ran my GT on regular for the first several months. I just swapped over to 93, to see if that resolves a CEL that is being thrown for CAT efficiency. It did not, so back to the dealer to look into it.

Edit to Add: Had to look up Animatter Blue, as I am not familiar with that color. That's a nice color; very nice!

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm staying away from an E-85 tune. I don't think there are many stations around here that even offer it, so that is a no go for me. I ran my GT on regular for the first several months. I just swapped over to 93…

Edit to Add: Had to look up Animatter Blue, as I am not familiar with that color. That's a nice color; very nice!
From the Mustang forums I’m on, the guys recommended going 93 from day one…and a better grade of it too. Like Sunoco, Exxon, etc…so far, so good. I read many an article about what you’re going through currently …with both the V-8 and HPP Ecoboost engines. They say you have to go through quite a few tankfuls of 93 before the computers pick up on it. Some say they needed a re-mapp from the dealer. Good luck! 🤞

Yeah, the color is pretty cool…totally different. It looks black on cloudy days and a dark, sparkly metal flake blue in the bright sun. I was hunting a blue car and spotted this one, never hearing of the color either. I hunted around and still never saw one in person until I picked the car up at the dealership. 🤣

Last edited:
From the Mustang forums I’m on, the guys recommended going 93 from day one…and a better grade of it too. Like Sunoco, Exxon, etc…so far, so good. I read many an article about what you’re going through currently …with both the V-8 and HP Ecoboost engines. They say you have to go through quite a few tankfuls of 93 before the computers pick up on it. Some say they needed a re-mapp from the dealer. Good luck! 🤞

Yeah, the color is pretty cool…totally different. It looks black on cloudy days and a dark, sparkly metal flake blue in the bright sun. I was hunting a blue car and spotted this one, never hearing of the color either. I hunted around and still never saw one in person until I picked the car up at the dealership. 🤣
Which Mustang forums are you on? I browse around on Mustang6G and am an inactive member on MustangForums.com. I joined MustangFourms when I had my NewEdge V6.

Yeah, I didn't expect the ECU relearn to be as noticeable as it was. For the first few trips on 93, I had some issues pulling out; really had to ride the clutch at times. Almost thought the clutch was going, but it's doing much better now. Might just have to clear the CEL and see if a few more tanks of 93 help at all, before taking it to the dealer.

Which Mustang forums are you on? I browse around on Mustang6G and am an inactive member on MustangForums.com. I joined MustangFourms when I had my NewEdge V6.

Yeah, I didn't expect the ECU relearn to be as noticeable as it was. For the first few trips on 93, I had some issues pulling out; really had to ride the clutch at times. Almost thought the clutch was going, but it's doing much better now. Might just have to clear the CEL and see if a few more tanks of 93 help at all, before taking it to the dealer.
Give it some time with the 93 fuel with 4-5 more tankfuls. Some guys went 10 full tanks of quality 93 before it clearing up…or not. Like you said, give it a chance to re-learn. Do you have the traction control switch in your car? If you do, try turning it off and see if the take-offs improve. Some say it does as ECU is re-learning. There’s something quirky with that.

I’m on two…Mustang6G under the same name as here. Then I’m also on a Mustang Ecoboost forum as well. I still have my V6 Edge and am on the same one as you….but rarely visit there much these days. I did a bunch of work on that car…custom 20s, lowered it, coil overs, complete audio upgrade, motor work…I just took off the Borla catback and put the OEM setup back on…got tired of the drone at highway speeds. 🤣

The 6G forum is mostly GT guys who laugh at the turbo 4cyl Ecoboost cars, but I get some great info there. I just redid my factory B&O subwoofer based on a great thread there….for under $100.

Give it some time with the 93 fuel with 4-5 more tankfuls. Some guys went 10 full tanks of quality 93 before it clearing up…or not. Like you said, give it a chance to re-learn. Do you have the traction control switch in your car? If you do, try turning it off and see if the take-offs improve. Some say it does as ECU is re-learning. There’s something quirky with that.

I’m on two…Mustang6G under the same name as here. Then I’m also on a Mustang Ecoboost forum as well. I still have my V6 Edge and am on the same one as you….but rarely visit there much these days. I did a bunch of work on that car…custom 20s, lowered it, coil overs, complete audio upgrade, motor work…I just took off the Borla catback and put the OEM setup back on…got tired of the drone at highway speeds. 🤣

The 6G forum is mostly GT guys who laugh at the turbo 4cyl Ecoboost cars, but I get some great info there. I just redid my factory B&O subwoofer based on a great thread there….for under $100.
Yep, I got the traction control and keep it on. It's a 401A with the PP1, Active Exhaust, & digital gauge cluster. That makes some sense, cause it was especially noticeable pulling out on an incline, I have the hill assist enabled as well. I'd go to pull out and it would feel like it just fell on it's face for a second or two. I'll keep the traction control in mind, if it keeps giving me issues and maybe disable hill assist for a bit.

I'm looking at a Borla catback at some point, just not right now; too many other bills. Plus I need to find a reputable shop in my area. I may do some audio upgrades at some point. I had a good sub setup in my V6, a nice 12" Alpine Type-R feed by a HiFonics 1k+ watt Class D mono amp. It was nice! That is the one option my car does not have, the B&O audio.

We can finally start clearing some of this stuff from the overhang outside the house. Downside to this house is that there is no storage space; upside is that we are forced to get rid of a LOT.

(Yes, the doors are not completely level. No, I do not care.)

IMG_3672.jpeg