• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Non-Cigar Purchases

What I don’t like about the tote is it’s more susceptible to temp change. The coolers are not. I bought three or four of those totes at Staples when they had them on sale. We’ll see. They do seal up tight, though.

Floyd T

Yeah, had that issue too initially.. gotta get the ones with gaskets in the lids to help. The biggest benefit was putting UV tint on the window in cigar room along with a blackout curtain.

Regarding totes and chemical smells, I also do something similar with baking soda.. except I make a paste with it and cover every inch of tote and lid. I do it in tub and let dry over night. A lukewarm rinse all over with detachable shower head next morning then drip mostly dry and shammy finish. Do it on everything from totes to coolers to Tupperware. Oh, and I don't skimp with the generics or store brands.. for this process, it's Arm & Hammer only.

Always knocks out that plastic-y chemical smell and initially gives it that "sweet" smell.. that also dissipates after a few hours. Coolers are the best overall for sure... but you REALLY come to appreciate the opaque-ness of the totes. Especially when you can clearly see the hygro without opening it.

I can simply glance across the front of my totes to see if any require attention. And the ease of finding what you're looking for with a glance and not opening everything... priceless.

New book to read during all of my free time.
View attachment 62742
Listen to the Jocko podcast, episode 354.

@kann

Jon, I have bought that book, as well (still yet to start it, though) after listening to this one when it was released a few weeks ago. It is one of my "saved" podcasts to listen to again in the future. I don't do it often, but I immediately felt compelled to recommend 354 to several specific people who I knew it could help, and I know at least two of them bought this book, too. Outstanding buy and recommendation, my friend. I suggest everyone listen to this particular podcast -- it truly is worth 3'ish hours of your time.
Bought myself a new banjo the other day. Goldtone Twanger.

View attachment 62746
I have a Goldtone, too, though I haven't played it in a few years, admittedly. Mine is probably a step down in the aesthetics department (basic inlays), but it still sounds great.