• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nostalgia Playlist

Wow, very nice! That looks like a Teac 10 1/2" deck on the right, which one? Also a Teac on the left? I have a Pioneer 909, a 707, a Revox A77 and a handful of 5" Teac decks and others. What are those speakers?

Wow, very nice! That looks like a Teac 10 1/2" deck on the right, which one? Also a Teac on the left? I have a Pioneer 909, a 707, a Revox A77 and a handful of 5" Teac decks and others. What are those speakers?
Teac A-6300 and AKAI GX, speakers are Vandersteen 2ce

Listening to that shit might be what warped your brain in the first place!
Try this old man! You just might like it! Then you may broaden your music horizons and just might be able to beat me in a name the tune/artist battle. 😉

One of my favorite things to do is to buy random R2R tapes that I find anywhere, thrift shops, auction sites, etc., especially mix tapes from years ago. Some of my tapes were plainly made in the early 60's to 70's, and virtually all of them sound amazing (good tape doesn't really deteriorate with time alone). I like to listen to the tapes and think of the guy who might have made them, and types up things like this list and taped them inside the box. Tonight, while smoking a CAO Flathead 770, big damn cigar, and having some Turkish coffee.

20210416_213609.jpg

20210416_214715.jpg

One of my favorite things to do is to buy random R2R tapes that I find anywhere, thrift shops, auction sites, etc., especially mix tapes from years ago. Some of my tapes were plainly made in the early 60's to 70's, and virtually all of them sound amazing (good tape doesn't really deteriorate with time alone). I like to listen to the tapes and think of the guy who might have made them, and types up things like this list and taped them inside the box. Tonight, while smoking a CAO Flathead 770, big damn cigar, and having some Turkish coffee.

View attachment 41419

View attachment 41420
I do the same thing...

Nothing like a little vintage Terry Kath vinyl while Studying a Padron on a beautiful Spring evening.... RIP Terry, you left us way too soon.

20210420_212733.jpg

View attachment 41419

View attachment 41420

Lord have mercy, I found a home.... Williams, Sinatra and Jamal with songs I know. I must be in the wrong place.🎹🐶🎹

Well, Ed, I think you'd enjoy my collection, I've got many of these tapes. Billie, Ella, Frank, Miles, 'Trane... That one was probably recorded by some guy a lot like us, some 50 years ago. We're a dying breed, but keeping the flame alive as much as possible.

I haven't heard Black Sheep since I was a freshman in high school!
I haven’t heard it since ...Thursday!
I recall the seniors at my high school when I was a freshman writing ‘Whoomp, there it is’ in chalk across the quad.

I believe so... It is so much more natural sounding, there is life in the music...
Digital music has a finite number of sounds which can be created. Analog is infinite. I remember watching the Tchaikovsky 1812 overture album turn because where the cannon fire occurred there was a huge sideways grove in the vinyl and when the needle hit it, it could blow up lesser speakers in a heartbeat!