• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padila Cigars

gibu said:
I guess I vote for Phil keeping them and doing as he wishes with them for all the effort he's put into all this so far.
That sounds good to me.

Gibu makes a good point. It's a fun idea but sending them back would accomplish little. I say do whatever you want with them Phil. After this debacle I personally don't care if I ever try one.

Phil is spoiled on opus and the dark side. Split them up and roll some blunts bro :thumbs: Then you can call it the killa in padilla :p

I say hold a contest of some sort with the folks that were on the list of receiving a Padila ceegar and the winner gets all....... ??? ??? ???

Cheap solicitation plug:

Hey lets have an auction and donate the proceedes to my 501©3 non-profit employer
www.getintonature.com A truly cigar friendly Nature Preserve

Gunpowder
Executive Director

Cheap solicitation plug over

:D

LMAO!! OK folks I would just as soon roll em up cali style or hold a contest and send what we did get out but I do have another PM from Mr Padilla. I got it a few days ago but havent been able to check in.

Hello Phil,

I spoke with Frank Baranyai hes a member of cigar pass who will be opening a store in the virginia area anyway i talked to him about what had happend with cigar pass.

I have 50 robustos for cigar pass to try it's up to you guys if you still want them please give me your adress so i can send them.

Please email me at info@padillacigars.com

Thank you,
Ernesto

So I leave this up to you. I can reply to this email if you like or just ignore it and I can send them to some winners or back to Mr Padilla.

LMK what you guys think

Phil

LMAO!!!!!

I would tell him no thanks. Maybe some other time perhaps.

I will contact my LCS to see if they would like to sponsor a pass. They have several house cigars.

gibu said:
He's guilty of apathy and neglect more then any actual active transgression of any kind.
gibu has a point....I have to say, there's way to much bashing going on here....Has anyone lost any $$$$, the only thing it has helped is your posting numbers.

Here's a person who is trying to come out with a new line of cigars, If anyone starting a new business there is alot of work involved. Even more so in the cigar business. dealing tith international issues as well as setting up a distribution system.

Yes, he sent out some samples for a few to try in good faith and to get feed backs...I don't beleive it was his intention to supply the world with free cigars...the cigars were in our hands....WE chose to wait for more, like a bunch of leaches....

He jumped in here on good faith to get some feed back on his garz...which we have not provided. Yes this could have been handled differently. But there is no reason for this BS.

Sure he could have posted the status a bit more and kept us updated. but is that a crime. Do we need to belittle ourselves with all this bashing?

There are 20 or so cigars with Phil....which have been resting quite comfortably....He has offered up 50 more....we need to do what this site is all about....Enjoy the smoke, evalute it and give the man an honest feedback .

So not everyone get's a cigar....It's not the end of the world...Let's just live with it. I'm sure as he gets his ducks in a row, he would be more than willing to to supply more as he expands his line....

Personally I think we just shot ourselves in the foot. If any other cigar maker or supplier reads this I think it would deter him from coming into this community.

this is my FHO. Later.

I see both sides of this Big100HD. On one side we recieved some free cigars to sample. On the other hand, the guy didn't send out the amount he said he would. He asked what we needed and said he was sending more to cover the error but they never showed up. He came to us and not the other way around. Apparenlty he has already started advertisments and distribution of inventory to dealers so I assume he has adiquate inventory to fullfill his offer.

Maybe this has been a learning experience for him as well. I believe others have had this cigar so supply apparently wasn't the problem. Yes they are free but free samples are a part of starting up a business and getting sales as well as getting ongoing sales. I assume he is sending out samples to vendors as well and would think that CP would be a good start towards reaching the cigar consumer.

This started back in early December. While we are consumers and not vendors it is the same sales vehicle as Torano and AVO offering free cigars on their websites. We assume they will send us the free cigar and we think of them in a certain way when we "do" get the sample and smoke it. I am sure the Padilla Company wants the same feeling of quality and professionalism towards their product and not the partially negative feeling that currently exist by some who have posted here.

By the way, in the retail world, a vendor having this experience would never consider a business relationship with him because of fears of supply and order problems. There are just too many other brands out there to make it worth the hassle to them. For his sake I hope he was able to maintain supply to his potential vendors.

Phil, The post said he seemed like a good guy so I say go ahead and contact him and see what shows up even though that is more than a vendor would tolerate. Let him know we still would like to try the brand. I assume if he is concerned about the reputation of his company he will follow through with the cigars he promised.

Given my current situation, if we do this and split it up into two parts like we planned to do, I don't think I am able to take the lead. A while back Big100HD offered to take up my responsibilities, so I'll PM him and see if that's still cool w/ him.

I agree with BigD starting any new business is hard especially one that has all the hoops attached to it such as the cigar biz does.

Hey lets give him a shot that would be my vote.

BenjieV :D

If this pass gets off the ground, I'd like to join in if you'll have me. PM sent!

benjiev said:
I agree with BigD starting any new business is hard especially one that has all the hoops attached to it such as the cigar biz does.

Hey lets give him a shot that would be my vote.

BenjieV :D
Okay folks, no problem.

If anyway wants to be included/excluded from the pass hop on now as 50 ROBs plus the 20 or so I have should be plenty for all ( I hope LMAO!)

I'll send Ernesto an email tommorow and I shall keep you all informed.

Samguss - ShadMan is droppin your name around, You know him? :0 :p :sign:

Don't know if I haev made any comments lately but suffice it to say

STILL IN

I'm still on board as well.

Thanks for keeping us up to date Phil.