• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron, Padron Anniversary, Padron 1926

Status
Not open for further replies.
stevehawk said:
coventrycat86 said:
SeanGAR said:
coventrycat86 said:
After this last display of stupidity and ignorance by tobaccoleaf1 let's face it, who can defend this retailer now?

Lessee .....

1. Come here for no other reason than to piss people off

2. The old .... "my cat has my password and made that post" trick .....

Uh .... nope.

edit: proper use of Engrish
[snapback]283606[/snapback]​
Ya lost me Sean. Can you explain what you mean here?
[snapback]283729[/snapback]​

CC, you asked "who can defend this retailer now?"

SeanGAR was basically saying "nope", he could not -- for the two reasons he stated above.

At least, that's how I read it.
[snapback]283755[/snapback]​

:laugh: Ah, okay, makes sense to me!! :thumbs:
Thanks steve!

stevehawk said:

SeanGAR was basically saying "nope", he could not -- for the two reasons he stated above.

Exactly.

SeanGAR said:
stevehawk said:

Exactly.
[snapback]283757[/snapback]​

Sorry, I'm kinda slow sometimes...... :D

coventrycat86 said:
[snapback]283759[/snapback]​

It's probably those multiple personalities tonight. :whistling:

coventrycat86 said:
SeanGAR said:
stevehawk said:

Exactly.
[snapback]283757[/snapback]​

[snapback]283759[/snapback]​

I think it was the "my cat has my password" phrase that made you take pause. I had to re-read it myself because of that. :laugh:

So I guess Bob has decided the best way to deal with all this is go underground.

stevehawk said:
I think it was the "my cat has my password" phrase that made you take pause.  I had to re-read it myself because of that.  :laugh:
[snapback]283790[/snapback]​
Nope. Sean's a great guy and his posts are short and to the point (unlike mine where I'm prone to blabber too much :laugh: ) and I just missed the meaning of his well worded post. Not the first time and definitely won't be the last! :D

Wurm said:
lol damn it CC I'm going to charge you to have the coffee removed from my monitor and keyboard! :laugh:
[snapback]283543[/snapback]​

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rod said:
Bob,

This is Rod, owner of CigarPass.com. From what I see, a couple members questioned shipping charges. Is that really a big deal? I've gotten screwed left and right in the past on ebay as well as from general cigar sites. They post low prices on their products but charge triple of what shipping should be. I'm not saying Ian is doing this, but you need to relax and learn how forums operate. If you can't respectfully respond to an inquiry, than that's poor customer service. Flying off the handle sure isn't the way to build relationships. Hell, I was just questioned today about shipping to Canada on one of my products. I explained why the certain cost, and the customer understood. Really quite simple.

If you want to take Tobaccoleaf's promo's elsewhere, go for it. Threats don't sit well with me. We have some very reputable paying sponsors at CP. Your company has not even once inquired about becoming a sponsor. Nothing wrong with that, but don't come here with an attitude and act like you have a RIGHT to post, because you really don't.

If you want to ensure your account remains entact, than I advise you deal with my members in a respectable tone; not with threats.

Rod
[snapback]283737[/snapback]​

First thing is to say that was cool as hell Rod. Very impressed with the way you run this forum and the fact that you have your members backs is great.

Second thing, I was actually in the middle of placing and order with TobaccoLeaf but then I read our buddy Bob's comment and well that convinced me to cancel it. Ian From everything I've read and heard you sound like a very standup guy and I was super impressed with the way you handled jabba's situation, but allowing Bob to come on the forum and use your name was really a big mistake. You worked hard to create a good reputation here for yourself and your site but it seems to have been tarnished quite a bit now. Good rule of thumb, never let another man speak for you or fight your battles, they never say what you would want them to say and they just make you look like a coward.

Ian after the Bob comment you really needed to come back on and explaing the situation, you speak more by not saying a word than you would if you typed a novel and by not commenting you are saying nothing good. If this is the end of the good tobacco deals so be it, we'll find other places to buy and apparently Bob has no shortage of places to sell, it would be a shme though to loose someone that had been a decent member on the board.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is Bob I could give two shits about your deals, I come to the cigar boards to talk cigars and chat with cool people, if I find a good deal while I am at it, well, good. Ian stick around as a good member and forget about selling for awhile maybe, we'd like a stand-up guy like you to participate in passes and trades and such and to chat a bit. If you do decide to continue to sell an keep making the great deals you do then you need to tell Bob to deal with the store and you'll deal with the net. Ian you're a good guy from what I hear and good guys shouldn't associate with assholes, Bob is an asshole.

I have never ordered from billboard but I'm planning to since they have some nice deals. Now I really don't know, I can find most of the stuff at other places and I don't think this has been handled correctly.
I really don't think it matters very much if it was Ian or Bob who wrote the comments. If you let someone use your account and publish thoughts you better be ready to answer for them because whatever name they put in the end of their statement it's your account at it's you who are responseble for what's written and done with your account. The least you can do is to go online and explain why it happened at make it clear what your opinion is in the matter. And if you are afraid of having problem with your supplier, my adice to you would be that it might be a good supplier but without customers you won't need a supplier.
This is my opinion.

Niclas aka nisse62

benjiev said:
So I guess Bob has decided the best way to deal with all this is go underground.

Ya know, I don't get it. Why can't they just log whomever they might be, and atleast give an explanation or an apology. How do the long time customers of Ian's feel? ??? :angry2:

And CC was even posting responses to himself... now that's hilarious.. :sign: :laugh:

After reading this, I don't feel that CP is tarnishing Ians reputation. It's Bob that did it. If Ian/Bob want to continue to post here, then they will have to be the ones to correct this.

I see we have a new member TobBob...... (Awaiting Authorisation).... this should get even more interesting....

I have ordered from Ian in the past and also have to admitt the he is a stand up BOTL and I do look forward to meeting him in the future and sharing a smoke or two. I also do not feel it is necessary to whip him because the Boss is an asshole. Jabba questioned something that he felt was necessary to question (shipping) and the question was answered.

hddhdd..... with a whopping 23 posts on this forum in a year..... no need for you to follow a "respected member " of this Forum around telling him "Bob needs to apologize".

I don't think that this situation should be taken out on Ian. Just because his "boss" seems to be an arrogant S.O.B. doesn't mean Ian is not a "good guy". I have worked for many arrogant S.O.B.'s... it is not easy. I have heard many times, "Tommy, you're a stand-up guy, but your boss is an asshole".

Should Bob apologize for his arrogant pissy attitude towards people that buy his product? YES.... Do I think he will? No. He will probably take his ball and go home....

I don't really see this as Ian's fault in the slightest. If my boss walked over to me and said "get up, I want to use your computer", there really wouldn't be much I could say.

KayakinBoy said:
How do the long time customers of Ian's feel? ??? :angry2:

[snapback]283861[/snapback]​

I feel that Ian handled the original question regarding shipping charges as he should have and as he as in the past. An explanation was offered and the problem was corrected. Personally, I don't feel any different and will continue to order from Ian as long as he keeps posting things I am interested in.

I have never dealt with Bob and frankly don't care what he says. He is the supplier of cigars to Ian (from what I understand)- not the person whom we have all dealt with in the past. Everyone feels differently and some get "offended" at posts that others don't. Could have been handled better by Bob but it is what it is - doesn't bother me as much as some others.

I would however like clarification on the relationship between Bob and Ian. Is Ian only providing online sales for Bob's B&M store? Does Bob get the profits or is Ian's online store his business? ???

Pyre said:
I don't really see this as Ian's fault in the slightest. If my boss walked over to me and said "get up, I want to use your computer", there really wouldn't be much I could say.
[snapback]283901[/snapback]​

Do we know that the supplier is Ian's boss. If so, then Bob lied in his post and no lier will get any of my money.

And if my boss walked over to me and said he wanted to use my computer he still wouldn't have the right to post on forums using my login. He can regulate what I do with the computer at work but my identity at forums is mine and not any company property. It might be differently in the US though.

mrjinglesusa said:
I would however like clarification on the relationship between Bob and Ian. Is Ian only providing online sales for Bob's B&M store? Does Bob get the profits or is Ian's online store his business? ???
[snapback]283906[/snapback]​

That's what I've been asking this entire time, with no answers. I also want to know if BOB is just the supplier, then why are they using the same log in.

Pyre said:
[snapback]283901[/snapback]​

Sadly enough your right... lol I'm just lucky enough to be in the position to tell my boss no.

Ian work's for an ass named Bob. Right now Bob must have told Ian to stay off the computer. Ian will most likely answer us when he get's home tonight. Away from the assh*ole boss.

Look the damn Groundhog came out of his hole today, why can't Bob .... where is Bob?

Status
Not open for further replies.