• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pick Vitasea's Cohiba DC EL 2003 contest

Which of these cigars (numbered from left to right) is the Cohiba DC EL 2003 from Vitasea?

• Cigar #1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cigar #2

• Cigar #3

• Cigar #4

• Cigar #5

• Cigar #6

• duh... I dunno!

• Total voters
Doug,

I have tried to defend you on this board because I really thought you had good intentions and were a generally honest man. Now, you are showing your true colors. I believe that you actually think the cigars you are buying are real. What's sad is that despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, you continue to maintain YOURS are real and all of ours are fake. You seriously need to pull your head out of your ass.

You posted pictures of a 2005 Partgas Series P #2 Edicion Limitada. Doug, there is no such cigar. This vitola is BRAND NEW this year. They would not make it an EL the same year it is originally released. You posted a picture of a 2005 Cohiba Sublime EL. THERE IS NO SUCH CIGAR. The Sublime is an Edicion Limitada from 2004, not 2005. You re buying fakes from people who KNOW they are fakes and are more than happy to screw you over.

We have tried on numerous occasions to warn you about buying Cuban cigars out the "back door" of factories. You haven't listened. We have entertained your offers of sending us these cigars to "sample". Everytime, they have turned out to be fake (some good fakes, some horrible fakes). I think you have two choices here:

1) Continue to maintain your cigars are real and that we all are buyin fake cigars from trusted, reliable, verifiable Habanos S.A. sources. You can continue to "entertain" us with your naiveté and waste your money on fake cigars. I GUARANTEE that no one here will buy from you - you are wasting your time and money.

2) Give up this insane arguement and be a member of this community. I, for one, will let your oversights go and not post about your fake cigars anymore. This is a great place, but one which does not take kindly to people insulting our intelligence and our trusted vendors.

I hope you choose the latter.

Jim

This reminds me of tbain on the cweekly forums when he swore up and down his **** was legit. People never said he knowingly sold fakes, but they warned him his source is burning him. Vitsea is CP's tbain :sign:

Okay boys, wish me luck. Going to duck outside onto the patio at work here and fire up this Vitasmoke. Brought one of the Cohiba Double Corona ELs of mine that Vitasea thinks are fake with me too...

moki said:
Okay boys, wish me luck. Going to duck outside onto the patio at work here and fire up this Vitasmoke. Brought one of the Cohiba Double Corona ELs of mine that Vitasea thinks are fake with me too...
[snapback]209550[/snapback]​

Prepared to call Rochester 911 , if necessary. :cool:

Review of Vitasea's "Cohiba Double Corona EL 2003"

Prelight

The bands on this cigar are pretty well done... the fonts are right, the colors match well. The only discrepancies are that the band has a lot of yellow on the main band, and the luster of the gold on the EL band is markedly subdued compared to all of the EL bands I've seen. Nothing major though.

The triple cap is a bit sloppy, and the cigar is shorter [edit] and fatter than the Cohiba DC ELs that I have, as I've noted before.

Comparing the prelight aroma, the cigar from Vitasea smells very fresh; that farm/cow dung smell present on fresh Havanas is very pronounced, which is odd for a purportedly 2003 cigar. In fact, the prelight aroma smells an awful lot like the smell I noted from his previous fake Esplendidos.

Also the head of the cigar is a bit more pointed than the usual rounded flattop typical of these cigars, and though the cigar itself is very firm (perhaps overly so), I do note many soft spots under the wrapper, like divets on a golf course.

Sparking it up

I tried using my punch on it, but ended up with a very tight draw... so I grabbed a pair of culinary shears from the kitchen, and gave it a good chop. The draw is still quite tight, but I'll just have to muddle through.

Initial puffs...not too bad really... straightforward tobacco taste, slightly bitter... not altogether unpleasant, but not a Cohiba.

Just to be completely fair to Vitasea, I'm sparking up my Cohiba DC EL now... punched it, it draws without a problem (these cigars were stored in the same drawer of the same humidor, btw). The initial puffs from the real deal erase any doubt concerning the fake, the taste in your mouth has that pleasantly sweet taste, and on drawing, you're rewarded with the woody semi-spicy flavor of the Cohiba.

Switching back to Vitasea's cigar, take more than a few puffs, and the harshness of the smoke become evident -- instead of subtle sweetness, you're left with a rather nasty bitter taste.

I should note that both cigars burned quite well, no problems with either. Ash was similar.

Conclusions

It's not a bad cigar; I've had worse for sure.... but it isn't a Cohiba. It was much better tasting than the "Esplendido" he sent me a few months ago, though.

At this point, I'm going to finish my Cohiba DC EL, and cut open his cigar to see what's inside. Actually, I changed my mind. Much as it pains me, I'm going to cut open BOTH cigars and sacrifice my DC EL in the name of research.

Painful, but instructive. The tobacco in Vitasea's cigar was a mixture of long and short filler, with a number of large veins. My patio looked like a murder scene right now, it's sad. The difference looks very similar to this:

http://www.cgarsltd.co.uk/document.aspx?id=fakes.htm

(Vitasea's cigar being "A" and my Cohiba DC EL being "B")

I'll say one thing, the wrapper for both of the cigars looks remarkably similar -- but I took the step of chewing up bits of both wrappers to taste it. The wrapper on his cigar is bland, like eating, well, a leaf. The wrapper on my DC EL has a nice sweet fermented taste to it.

Allofus123 said:
No, I don't want to reverify. LOL ;)

Good luck!
[snapback]209565[/snapback]​

I'm sending you the 2005 Cohiba Sublime he gave me, Kenny. There is no escape.

Well done Inspector Moki. The things you will do to a cigar in the name of research astound me. ;)

I should also note that taking the bands off of both cigars was instructive. The white back back of the band on Vitasea's cigars was pristine; it clearly was not on the cigar long at all, there was no yellowing or coloration, nor any oils soaked up from the cigar evidenced anywhere.

By comparison the backs of the bands on my Cohiba DC ELs reflected the 2 years they've spent on the cigar.

I scanned in both bands, and have come to the conclusion that the bands on Vitasea's cigars are real, or are extremely good fakes. The slight variations in color, cut, and reflectivity are within the margins of error from Cuba.

I'm of the belief that they are the former; people are using real bands taken from the factories on non-Cohiba product, and selling them to people like Vitasea. This would make sense why, for instance, he's getting Sublimes with 2005 EL bands on them -- the factory workers don't have access to any more 2004 EL bands, so they are slapping 2005 EL bands on the cigars.

Here are the bands, the band from my cigar on the left, and the band from Vitasea's cigar on the right. The bands were all scanned at once, to eliminate any lighting differences.

vitasea_bandcompare.jpg

interesting review i could have written it for you!!!

if my dc was so short on your picture that started this ROAST why when you smoked them you said it was longer??

this place is so increditabe ,if one questions a GOD that woud be a 4000 + poster he is aviiously a complete idiot. even lucasbuck who i pm"ed about the length of a dc said 7 1/2 inches??? its 7.6 as in in my photos

and moki how did my dc grow so much longer then your original posting??? did you put on a strecher??

i would send out a box but it would be a total waste of time and money, there are so many closed minds on this board that fidal castro could knock on your door and give you a cigar and you would swear it was a fake and some commy plot

but you guys are a trip???????????

vitasea said:

Predictable. You said the same thing here:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...59&#entry172859

...which you later admitted were fakes.

if my dc was so short on your picture that started this ROAST why when you smoked them you said it was longer??

Simple; a brainfart. I meant to state that yours was *shorter* -- I'll fix it now, thanks.

this place is so increditabe ,if one questions a GOD that woud be a 4000 + poster he is aviiously a complete idiot. even lucasbuck who i pm"ed about the length of a dc said 7 1/2 inches??? its 7.6 as in in my photos

No one here is a god; we're all always learning. You seem to have forgotten that; you are so hell bent on these cigars being real that you won't entertain any other possibilities.

As for the appropriate length, that was never in dispute. It's fairly easy to find out what the length is supposed to be; I'll be happy to photograph my DC ELs next to a ruler if it'll make you happy. I have zero doubts about their authenticity.

and moki how did my dc grow so much longer then your original posting??? did you put on a strecher??

Again, it was a simple brainfart. I meant to state your cigar was SHORTER and thicker than mine; I will correct my post.

i would send out a box but it would be a total waste of time and money, there are so many closed minds on this board that fidal castro could knock on your door and give you a cigar and you would swear it was a fake and some commy plot

[snapback]209583[/snapback]​

Sorry Doug. The cigar I've obtained from a very well known and respected vendor in Hong Kong are the real thing. Yours that you obtained from a "friend" at a factory in Cuba are backdoor fakes, you're just too stubborn to admit it.

But this is par for the course; you reacted in the exact same way when I noted that the Esplendido you sent me months ago was fake. We all know how that turned out...

moki said:
vitasea said:

Simple; a brainfart. I meant to state that yours was *shorter* -- I'll fix it now, thanks.

No one here is a god; we're all always learning. You seem to have forgotten that; you are so hell bent on these cigars being real that you won't entertain any other possibilities.

As for the appropriate length, that was never in dispute. It's fairly easy to find out what the length is supposed to be; I'll be happy to photograph my DC ELs next to a ruler if it'll make you happy. I have zero doubts about their authenticity.

Again, it was a simple brainfart. I meant to state your cigar was SHORTER and thicker than mine; I will correct my post.

Sorry Doug. The cigar I've obtained from a very well known and respected vendor in Hong Kong are the real thing. Yours that you obtained from a "friend" at a factory in Cuba are backdoor fakes, you're just too stubborn to admit it.

But this is par for the course; you reacted in the exact same way when I noted that the Esplendido you sent me months ago was fake. We all know how that turned out...
[snapback]209584[/snapback]​
i hate to diagree with a cigar GOD but, and i re checked and the dc i sent you was 7.6 inches long and according to the photo yours were at least 8 inches long??? or were the photos sort of escue??

vitasea said:
moki said:
vitasea said:

[snapback]209584[/snapback]​
i hate to diagree with a cigar GOD but, and i re checked and the dc i sent you was 7.6 inches long and according to the photo yours were at least 8 inches long??? or were the photos sort of escue??
[snapback]209589[/snapback]​

Just give it up vitasea. Your cigars are certified fakes. Digging your hole deeper will do you no good. Just admit that you've got fake cigars and move on.

Please refrain from continuing to use the sarcastic comments. Moki has treated you with respect and you repsond with smart-a$$ed insults.

moki said:
The tobacco in Vitasea's cigar was a mixture of long and short filler, with a number of large veins.

Vitasea,

Why not do this same test and cut open one of your Cohiba Double Corona EL 2003 cigars? Cheaper then paying the postage to send another one out. ;)

Surely you can agree that if it is anything other than all long filler premium tobacco, you have been mistaken about their authenticity.

I think we've seen and heard enough evidence for any well-meaning cigar jury to arrive at a quick, unanimous decision.

Sorry Vitasea. The evidence is in and it it substantial. If the glove fits, we cannot acquit...

... and it fits like a... well.. like a glove!