• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pick Vitasea's Cohiba DC EL 2003 contest

Which of these cigars (numbered from left to right) is the Cohiba DC EL 2003 from Vitasea?

• Cigar #1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cigar #2

• Cigar #3

• Cigar #4

• Cigar #5

• Cigar #6

• duh... I dunno!

• Total voters
Lopaka said:
Darn, logged on this morning...drinking coffee, read all this and thinking "Damn I missed all the fun!"
[snapback]209754[/snapback]​

I have the distinct feeling that this will go on for a while. Sit back...pour a fresh cup and enjoy the "Roast".

-Fetter

Doug,

You've been smoking these cigars for years absolutely convinced that they're real. That's fair enough, now after all these years of tobacco bliss a bunch of guys that you don't know are trying to tell you that in spite of all your experience, you're being ripped off by people you trust. O.k., that can be hard to take so ask yourself this...

How long did you trust your partner @ Retromanagement Group before you realized that he was robbing you blind?

Doug, the evidence that you're being duped by these people you trust is indisputable yet you dispute it anyway. However, you offer no evidence, only rhetoric and sarcasm.

I'll grant that most of what you have may be real but your most sought after cigars have been proven to be counterfeit. For me, this has nothing to do with the quality of your cigars but the quality of your character. If you choose to continue to buy and sell these cigars after seeing the evidence, then you are not the honorable man that I thought you were and that disappoints me more than you can imagine.

fetterjohn said:
Lopaka said:
Darn, logged on this morning...drinking coffee, read all this and thinking "Damn I missed all the fun!"
[snapback]209754[/snapback]​

I have the distinct feeling that this will go on for a while. Sit back...pour a fresh cup and enjoy the "Roast".

-Fetter
[snapback]209757[/snapback]​

Already started my second pot and have the popcorn popper on standby... :whistling:

preembargo said:
Doug,

You've been smoking these cigars for years absolutely convinced that they're real. That's fair enough, now after all these years of tobacco bliss a bunch of guys that you don't know are trying to tell you that in spite of all your experience, you're being ripped off by people you trust. O.k., that can be hard to take so ask yourself this...

How long did you trust your partner @ Retromanagement Group before you realized that he was robbing you blind?

Doug, the evidence that you're being duped by these people you trust is indisputable yet you dispute it anyway. However, you offer no evidence, only rhetoric and sarcasm.

I'll grant that most of what you have may be real but your most sought after cigars have been proven to be counterfeit. For me, this has nothing to do with the quality of your cigars but the quality of your character. If you choose to continue to buy and sell these cigars after seeing the evidence, then you are not the honorable man that I thought you were and that disappoints me more than you can imagine.
[snapback]209764[/snapback]​

now i am confused.............what evidence????????? moki's picture and report?????

vitasea said:
now i am confused.............what evidence????????? moki's picture and report?????
[snapback]209785[/snapback]​

headuptheass.gif

vitasea said:
hey, i have no problem that you did not like the cigar
the only thing i have questioned on this ROAST is the original photo you started with was very strange because i know that the dc i sent you was the correct size
please eccept my humble appoligies for casting any questionable questions to a cigar god of your statuare and standing on this site

i do have one suggestion that cigarpass 's name be changed to cigarsheep??????
[snapback]209718[/snapback]​

Someone's bitter... sorry to cost you sales of your fake cigars.

vitasea said:
it my humble opinion i think that numbers 1,2,4,5,6 are not correct because they are to long. do some research the double coronas is 7.6 in long and moki's appear to be nearly 8 inches long. look at my photos. no offence but fetterjohn in sisted that his part sd #4's were the correct size till it was pointed out that they were not???????
[snapback]209287[/snapback]​

You were saying?

dc_el_measured.jpg

That is cigar #1 (you can match up the veins on the front of it) from this picture; it is 7.6" on the button. It looks slightly less than that due to the angle of the photo, but trust me, it's 7.6"... and since I photographed this cigar relative to the cigar you sent me, it is irrelevant (ie, your cigar is always shorter than mine by 3/10th of an inch or more).

That would make your cigar significantly shorter than 7.6", Vitasea. I didn't measure it, but a ballpark guesstimate would be 7.3-7.4" for your cigar (#3 pictured below):

vitaseas_dc_els.jpg

Again, my cigars come from a trusted vendor in HK that has an established reputation; yours come from a "friend" at a factory in Cuba... a known source of fake cigars.

Whatever anyone takes away from this, the most important thing is to trust your source. You would not buy a Rolex from someone who has a friend that works in the Rolex factory and can sell you product out the back door, why would you buy a premium Cuban cigar in that manner? Buy from established, trusted dealers, not from someone who has admittedly been offering up fake cigars, and claims to be obtaining them from known-risky (to put it mildly) sources.

Moki, send me 2 or 3 of yours and Doug can send me 2 or 3 of his and I'll make up my own mind. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

AVB said:
Moki, send me 2 or 3 of yours and Doug can send me 2 or 3 of his and I'll make up my own mind. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
[snapback]209811[/snapback]​

Nice mooch attempt! I give it a 7! :)

vitasea said:
preembargo said:
Doug,

[snapback]209764[/snapback]​

[snapback]209785[/snapback]​

Don't think I would call into question moki's expertise. You WILL regret that.

When have you ever known me to mooch?

moki said:
AVB said:
[snapback]209811[/snapback]​

Nice mooch attempt! I give it a 7! :)
[snapback]209813[/snapback]​

I don't think it was too bad for a first attempt though!

cigarsarge said:
Don't think I would call into question moki's expertise. You WILL regret that.
[snapback]209855[/snapback]​

It's not about me; I'm one of many people who has reached the same conclusion.

In the latest Cigar Magazine there is an article
about Cuban Cigars and how often they are fakes.
The article includes examples of people getting fooled by
cigar workers in Cuba. ie; the back door "specials" ;)

Bill

wam79 said:
In the latest Cigar Magazine there is an article
about Cuban Cigars and how often they are fakes.
The article includes examples of people getting fooled by
cigar workers in Cuba. ie; the back door "specials" ;)

Bill
[snapback]210068[/snapback]​

Group buy for Vitasea?