• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pretty snazzy Rod

Maybe it's just me, but after Rod posts I have to scroll down a LONG time to get to the next post.

I miss the old format but appreciate Rod's desire to make things even better.

No it's not, It looks like his posts take up 2 pages worth of space, but he is the "big man with the plan" so he can take all the space he wants........

Maybe it's just me, but after Rod posts I have to scroll down a LONG time to get to the next post.

No it's not, It looks like his posts take up 2 pages worth of space, but he is the "big man with the plan" so he can take all the space he wants........

Doesn't happen to me. :shrug:

Anyone having an issue when they hit "View New Content" and nothing shows up. It's only when I hit it twice I get a few new topics.. Well CP is like a fungus with whatever it looks like.. It will just grow on us..

Edited to add that I cannot get PM's either. How do I get the PM icon under my avatar?

Good work Rod.

Same here, it takes FOREVER to scroll through Rod's posts. Just a small bug but I love the new site!! I love change, it keeps things interesting!!

Anyone having an issue when they hit "View New Content" and nothing shows up. It's only when I hit it twice I get a few new topics.. Well CP is like a fungus with whatever it looks like.. It will just grow on us..

Edited to add that I cannot get PM's either. How do I get the PM icon under my avatar?

Good work Rod.

Yes, I am. It seems that if you check new posts, then check it in a short amount of time where nothing new has been posted in those few minutes or seconds, then you see nothing. But buy saying that it is saying that if you see the title, you have read it? I dont know, still getting used to all this. But a HUGE upgrade! Just will take a bit to adjust; but nothing like getting used to VISTA

Good work Rod.

The little arrow after your username will bring up a menu with the messenger. The icon under avatars in thread are only to send messages to that user as far as I can tell. I can't see it under my avatar, but it's there for everyone else's.

I'm not having any issues with Rod's posts or the View New Content problem. Using Firefox 3.5.1

The little arrow after your username will bring up a menu with the messenger. The icon under avatars in thread are only to send messages to that user as far as I can tell. I can't see it under my avatar, but it's there for everyone else's.

I'm not having any issues with Rod's posts or the View New Content problem. Using Firefox 3.5.1

When I'm at home using Firefox I have zero issues, but at work with IE if I try to view the third page of this thread, it locks up my browser and it stops responding. There must be something in Rod's post that is bugging it.

All in all, once the bugs are worked out (which was inevitable any time you are moving an entire forum database over to new software..) this is going to be a great upgrade! I love how streamlined things are, especially the new PM system. Rod, you were right, it makes following PM conversations a lot easier. :)

My posts are long? Can someone post a screenshot please?

rod-1.jpg

^^^ That's how forums usually look in my cell phone.. I'm not getting that though using Firefox. Firefox>IE anyway!

CRQ - what browser are you running?

Ok, that was a stupid question. LOL

Looks like you're running an older version of IE, most likely v6? I highly recommend you upgrade, v7 & v8 do a much better job at preventing spyware, and are a hell of a lot more secure.

CRQ - what browser are you running?

Ok, that was a stupid question. LOL

Looks like you're running an older version of IE, most likely v6? I highly recommend you upgrade, v7 & v8 do a much better job at preventing spyware, and are a hell of a lot more secure.

Ugh, now this page won't load in IE on my work computer.

I wish they would upgrade to a current version of IE, the tech guys here are idiots. I'm having to post this from my iPhone because some of the pages in this thread crash IE 6

I'm surprised they're still on IE6 due to the lack of protection.

Regardless, I've submitted a bug report, and this should be addressed in the next upgrade.

Regardless, I've submitted a bug report, and this should be addressed in the next upgrade.

Bahhh!!! He works for the COUNTY Rod, those guys are already a lil' soft in the brain, so it's no wonder they're lightyears behind a motivated department like mine, that runs on IE7!!! :p

PS- Hats off to you Rod, for one hell of an upgrade. I guess ya can't make em' all happy all the time... :shrugs: I'm using FireFox and it's running like a CHAMPION.

Bahhh!!! He works for the COUNTY Rod, those guys are already a lil' soft in the brain, so it's no wonder they're lightyears behind a motivated department like mine, that runs on IE7!!! :p

PS- Hats off to you Rod, for one hell of an upgrade. I guess ya can't make em' all happy all the time... :shrugs: I'm using FireFox and it's running like a CHAMPION.

Dude, we still use DOS based MDT's that are almost as old as me...we JUST made the switch from Ithaca shotguns to 870's...this place is stone age!

Yeah, I stopped trying to figure out their thought process...haha! Thanks Rod, I'm loving the upgrades!

Hey Rod,

Great Job.!!

One thing I noticed thats different is that this version of the board software does not display the member number. Is that something that was removed by you or the software upgrade.?? I kinda like looking at the member numbers, especially for the FOG's and am wondering if thats something you'd be able to add back on.

Art