• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quad State Herf IV - Feb 7, 2009

Just to update everyone, things are rolling right along as expected. I've talked with the WTU folks and they are very appreciative that they are the benifactors of the event. The Garrison Commander will most likely attend the Herf and a formal invitation will go out to the West Point Superintendent http://www.usma.edu/Superintendent/ along with the Commandant of Cadets http://www.usma.edu/USCC/comscorner.htm. The guest list is looking good and the sponsorship letters will be going out soon........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

I think it's high time that I come up and see my NYC brothers again. I'll have to see what I can plan for this.

BTW, any recommendations on hotel and airport?

I think it's high time that I come up and see my NYC brothers again. I'll have to see what I can plan for this.

I would recommend flying into Stewart Airport (SWF) in Newburgh. It's the closest airport to the HERF (only about 10 minutes away). As for hotels, I'm sure Charlie (stogieman) can help you out on that one.

I would recommend flying into Stewart Airport (SWF) in Newburgh. It's the closest airport to the HERF (only about 10 minutes away). As for hotels, I'm sure Charlie (stogieman) can help you out on that one.

Thanks, will look into flights this weekend and hotels by the ariport.

Sam, it would be great if you could come up to NY and attend the Herf. Here is a couple of hotels right down from the airport and I know that there are a lot more:

http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/control/Boo...mp;brandInfo=DI
http://stewart.airporthotelguide.com/

I know that there are roughly 10 of them with-in a 2 mile radius of the airport. Also, Schlesinger's is no more than 2 miles from the Airport as well. I'll contact Steve (Toje) and find out which hotel he's staying along with Anthony (tony-ny) as they will most likely stay overnight in the area. I hope this helps and we see you in February...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Charlie,

I'm thinking we should implement a door charge of 20 bucks for the herf. Too many people who come for the goodies and bolt once the raffle is over. Besides, it'd be a great way to guarantee even more money for the charity. I mean, every year we get a great bag of cigars and accessories and a big percentage chance of winning in the door raffle, so let's do this!!!

What say you and what say others?

Charlie,

I'm thinking we should implement a door charge of 20 bucks for the herf. Too many people who come for the goodies and bolt once the raffle is over. Besides, it'd be a great way to guarantee even more money for the charity. I mean, every year we get a great bag of cigars and accessories and a big percentage chance of winning in the door raffle, so let's do this!!!

But I enjoy having the space all to ourselves after the raffles!

-Rob

Sam, it would be great if you could come up to NY and attend the Herf. Here is a couple of hotels right down from the airport and I know that there are a lot more:

http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/control/Boo...mp;brandInfo=DI
http://stewart.airporthotelguide.com/

I know that there are roughly 10 of them with-in a 2 mile radius of the airport. Also, Schlesinger's is no more than 2 miles from the Airport as well. I'll contact Steve (Toje) and find out which hotel he's staying along with Anthony (tony-ny) as they will most likely stay overnight in the area. I hope this helps and we see you in February...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

I stay at the Days Inn as has Tom, B.B.S. it's clean and reasonably priced. Once you get there somone can pick you up and take you to the herf and I can take you back that evening. I think they have shuttle service from the airport to the Days Inn. Remembr if you have AAA they usually have a better rate.

Charlie,

Sean,

I think it's a great idea and I don't think to many will object. We have this great event once the year and the Schlesinger's host it for us. Everyone leaves with a minimum of a big bag of great stogies, one or two raffle items and a big number of S / BOTL leave with very nice grand prizes. I say we go with it, how about some more response from others...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

I'm ok with it only if I can snuggle with Anthony's tupperdor before and after the HERF :whistling: ;)

Door charge....bad idea.
If I'm not mistaken, the place is open to the public at 4pm.
We'd have to get the bags out before that time...and not to late comers.

Tickets to get a bag...better idea.
Payment sent to you, 'PER ticket', made payable to the charity.
This way the charity get's the funds and the ticket gets the door bag.

This also removes the money part(except the raffle) and you'd only have to get the tickets.

Just a thought.

Round trip for $279....

DO IT!!!!

Door charge....bad idea.
If I'm not mistaken, the place is open to the public at 4pm.
We'd have to get the bags out before that time...and not to late comers.

Tickets to get a bag...better idea.
Payment sent to you, 'PER ticket', made payable to the charity.
This way the charity get's the funds and the ticket gets the door bag.

This also removes the money part(except the raffle) and you'd only have to get the tickets.

Just a thought.

I like Gary's idea. But one way or the other, it would be great to increase the donation to charity by $20 a head. IMHO.
Tom

The goodie bag you recieve upon entering is well worth 20 bucks and would make the donation to this worthwhile charity that much better.

The goodie bag you recieve upon entering is well worth 20 bucks and would make the donation to this worthwhile charity that much better.

I agree 100%. It would be well worth it and it would mean that much more for the charity.

I like the idea of a door charge, it might keep a few undesirable guests away and allow me some elbow room to the bar, enjoy my late afternoon smoke before inhaling one of the establishments finest meals. You can send my goodie bag to the troops.

I've been asleep at the wheel. Please count me in plus one guest.

John

I attended last year for the first time and a major factor was that it was a free event with such a large sponsor list and was estatic that i walk out with what i did walk out with even, though i did not win any of the paid raffle.

that being said; $20-25 dollars for one of the best herf's i have been to (not that i have been to many) is well worth it especially since it will go to the charity and not anyones pocket.

2nd perk will be the added elbow space and a bit more air for each of us who believe the 20-25 was a small price to pay