• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Remember your first box purchase?

Brickhouse said:
Yupp, i was 16 actually. Thanks internet! LOL They where Rum Runners, then a box of Indian Tobac, then my first real good cigar (atleast I think their still good) a Box of Punch Gran Puro. Those ruined me. Funny thing is I've never liked any other Punch cigars but I still really enjoy the Gran Puro and I think their a great bang for your buck. Especially off Cbid. Really funny thing is I still have a few left from each of those boxes from when I was 16.
CBid is the place to go. I use it often. My go to retailer is CI as we'll.
A lot of Padron fans. I think I want to get a box of 1926's. Any suggestions?

If you haven't yet had many 1926 Serie, then I would recommend a sampler to start.  They make them.  See what you like.

Having said that....I love....and I mean love, #35 Maddies.  I consider them literally the most consistent cigar I have ever smoked.

I have smoked a good number of Padron blends I just don't remember the name. There hasn't been one I disliked, a few better than other obviously. I'm a Maduro guy myself.

Hilliermarcel said:
I have smoked a good number of Padron blends I just don't remember the name. There hasn't been one I disliked, a few better than other obviously. I'm a Maduro guy myself.

I'm with you on that, but honestly I'd give the Anniversary Naturals and 1926 Serie Naturals a try.  They are fabulous as well.  Many prefer the naturals over the maddies in these lines.

I'm with you on that, but honestly I'd give the Anniversary Naturals and 1926 Serie Naturals a try.  They are fabulous as well.  Many prefer the naturals over the maddies in these lines.[/quote]

Oh and the Family Reserves are just amazing. Expensive but delicious. I haven't tried the Anniversary Naturals yet. I'll give them a lick.

Brickhouse said:

If you haven't yet had many 1926 Serie, then I would recommend a sampler to start.  They make them.  See what you like.

Having said that....I love....and I mean love, #35 Maddies.  I consider them literally the most consistent cigar I have ever smoked.

Agreed, the. Padron 1926 Serie and IMO Ashton VSG are the most consistent cigar in quality and taste.

Hilliermarcel said:

There's nothing wrong with this by any means and its very common for new people starting out to use these vendors but be careful. Most people tend to shy away after awhile to smaller more respected vendors.

Hilliermarcel said:

Yeah. Hold off until one of our members here, Keystone_Raider, announces a sale down in the vendor forum. Then go from there.

tomthirtysix said:

Yeah. Hold off until one of our members here, Keystone_Raider, announces a sale down in the vendor forum. Then go from there.

are you still upset about that newbie running a WOG box split and never getting you, your end? Because I said those where in the mail! lol

Yes I do. It was at Holt's in Philly 1972, and I was waited on by Mr. Levine himself.

Doc

tomthirtysix said:

^^ Solid advice right there. 

Yes I do. It was at Holt's in Philly 1972, and I was waited on by Mr. Levine himself.

Doc

Long time ago!.....I was in 4th grade!......however, the first cigar I ever purchased was from Holt's in the mid-80's. I used to work across the street from them. Wasn't into them seriously back then though.

When I purchased my first box 3 years ago, I decided on Cohiba Siglo VI.

Devil Doc said:

Doc
Lol Doc I wasn't born till 86. What was it like hunting mammoth? ;)

Mine was a Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 in petit corona, I have no regrets whatsoever.

Mine was a box of Oliva's, I believe the connecticut's in robusto.  They were great!  I still love pretty much anything Oliva but the Lancero's of theirs are a favorite.  I also have taken to buying the 48 count box of "O" maduro's, a little spicy but after they sit about 2 yrs I really enjoy them.

Fuente Hemingway Classic......I am still paying for my first box purchase!

Punch Rothschild Rare Corojo

I smoked all 50 then bought a box of Hemingway Classics.

Was only a few months ago, bought a box of Bahia insignias robusto. I have probably 5 left and have enjoyed everyone I've smoked, handed a few out to friends during our "friendsgiving" party. Didn't hear any exclaims of goodness, nor any complaints, and I feel that sums up the Bahia insignias quite nicely. It's a decent smoke you can usually find for $2 a stick and I'd definitely purchase them again.

Last week I got a tin of the diesel unholy cocktail corona and I can't wait to try one. Hopefully I enjoy them, and maybe I should stop buying boxes of cigars I've never tried before, my luck can only last so long.

If you must boxes of anything in the dark, make it boxes of Anejo while they're cheap and available during this current release.

Juanote said:
If you must boxes of anything in the dark, make it boxes of Anejo while they're cheap and available during this current release.

The the word cheap differs from person to person when referring to cigars...  :laugh:

Tall Paul said:

The the word cheap differs from person to person when referring to cigars...  :laugh:
It has been a while since I could afford a box of anything, but I've seen some deals on this site lately that are unbelievable. Next year I'll have my ducks in a row.