• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Return fire!!

It’s not that we’re close minded, it’s that you’re consistently antagonizing people. You’ve been unpleasant to multiple members here since you arrived. How many time do you walk into a brick wall before you stop “moving forward”? You seem to remain oblivious to the fact that you’re in your own here.

How's it going Hayden?
I'm glad you folks are not closed minded. That's a good start but really, I'm not holding my breathe.
When was the last time I was 'unpleasant' to you, or when was the last time I antagonized you?
Brick walls are inanimate objects, objects that will never change.
Forum members are human, and humans have the ability to change; you, me, everyone has an ability to change but only if they have a desire to change.
I'm not holding any grievance but then life is a two way street. Obviously there are a very few here that are holding on to some grievance. That isn't me.
Me oblivious? I was born 60 years ago, less than two weeks before JFK was inaugurated so, I've seen a lot, experienced a lot, have read a lot, and know a couple of things.
Cigar Pass lists over 14,800 members. I am in no way oblivious to the fact that only a hand full of those nearly 15K members don't want me here; that amounts to less than one twelve hundredth of the membership here.
I understand, and have understood, there is a minority clique here that won't accept acceptance of another BOTL.
That isn't on me. That's a choice of an extreme few; again, not my choice.
Cheers brother .........

Do what you want. Being part of CP is a privilege. You either value that, or don’t. As far as who gets to stick around. Bombs don’t protect you from the hammer. Rod is God around these parts. The sooner you learn that, the better.

Having Rod chime in on an issue should be seen as a sign. Read what he says and try to understand it. As a rule (written or not) he allows the board to run itself. We do a good job of keeping it orderly, and protecting the brothers that are here for the right reasons. "Mavericks" don't always survive the fire fight around here. Time will tell, I suppose.

Floyd T

Hmm... follow the unwritten rules...
Interesting
Hmmmm, this post, immediately following the advice of the site administrator/owner of the site.....NOT interesting! Truly phuking ignorant, in my opinion. Bombs, pics, and posts aside, you've been given advice from "The Man", and you spit on him. I respect CS based on his history here but I respectfully disagree with his take on this. I'll be slightly interested to see how this turns out. I will say though, your attitude would not work out at a number of B&M's I've hung out at.

Floyd T

Hmmmm, this post, immediately following the advice of the site administrator/owner of the site.....NOT interesting! Truly phuking ignorant, in my opinion. Bombs, pics, and posts aside, you've been given advice from "The Man", and you spit on him. I respect CS based on his history here but I respectfully disagree with his take on this. I'll be slightly interested to see how this turns out. I will say though, your attitude would not work out at a number of B&M's I've hung out at.

Floyd T
Thx for the input Floyd. My response was not an attempt to spit on anyone but I was perplexed by his response and I did not want to publicly critique his chosen leadership approach.
I am also interested to see how my tenure here turns out🙂

^^^^^BULLSHIT! Your response was absolutely what you intended it to be. A big SCREW YOU, Rod! Anyone here with half a brain could read it for what it is, especially given the below listed comments from you. Trying to cover it up with some "but I was perplexed.." diatribe is what, passive/aggressive at best?! If you don't want it out in the public eye, use the "PM" function. You won't get the attention you're seeking, but I guarantee he'll respond.

First impressions are lasting ones. The first page of this thread speaks volumes and they are perfectly finished off with your PISS OFF, ROD comment. There's no misunderstanding. There's no "oops, I didn't mean that" comments. You're going to do what you want, everyone else be damned. Not funny! Not cute! And certainly NOT what CP represents. Good luck to ya, I just don't have to watch it.

Floyd T

akpreacher said,

"Lol it has been mentioned, however, it’s not my custom to blindly follow the customs of others..."

"...Not all customs are worth maintaining and I’m thankful for the freedom to decide whether or not to follow them. Thx for the info though..."

"...I don’t mind being counter cultural when it comes to something I don’t believe in...."

^^^^^BULLSHIT! Your response was absolutely what you intended it to be. A big SCREW YOU, Rod! Anyone here with half a brain could read it for what it is, especially given the below listed comments from you. Trying to cover it up with some "but I was perplexed.." diatribe is what, passive/aggressive at best?! If you don't want it out in the public eye, use the "PM" function. You won't get the attention you're seeking, but I guarantee he'll respond.

First impressions are lasting ones. The first page of this thread speaks volumes and they are perfectly finished off with your PISS OFF, ROD comment. There's no misunderstanding. There's no "oops, I didn't mean that" comments. You're going to do what you want, everyone else be damned. Not funny! Not cute! And certainly NOT what CP represents. Good luck to ya, I just don't have to watch it.

Floyd T

akpreacher said,

"Lol it has been mentioned, however, it’s not my custom to blindly follow the customs of others..."

"...Not all customs are worth maintaining and I’m thankful for the freedom to decide whether or not to follow them. Thx for the info though..."

"...I don’t mind being counter cultural when it comes to something I don’t believe in...."
Brother, you are entitled to interpret my posts any way you want. None of my responses are intended to be “oops I didn’t mean that”, all my posts are thought out and intentional, however, I do try to clarify them to those who appear to misinterpret what I have said. As far as seeking attention, I have only continued this thread in response to those that comment on it. Not looking for attention and I don’t care if people like my posts or not.

Also, just a bit of advice. Chill out, it’s just a cigar forum, go smoke a cigar or two😁.

Brother, you are entitled to interpret my posts any way you want. None of my responses are intended to be “oops I didn’t mean that”, all my posts are thought out and intentional, however, I do try to clarify them to those who appear to misinterpret what I have said. As far as seeking attention, I have only continued this thread in response to those that comment on it. Not looking for attention and I don’t care if people like my posts or not.

Also, just a bit of advice. Chill out, it’s just a cigar forum, go smoke a cigar or two😁.

I agree; the amount of (verbal) 'brother on brother' beatings I have seen here @ CP since I have been a member (~7 months) makes one wonder why brothers crap on each other, like juveniles?

Over a thank you post? Really?
This seems more like do what we tell you or get lost. I'm trying to come back and fit in again. Socialize and post a few things. It seems like CP has become a private club of sorts. I personally don't feel the love I once felt here. I have such good memories here. I hate not feeling welcome and watching dog piles on people that have an opinion. Y'all have survived a good long while with out me... so I know nobody will miss me if I fade away again. Sad... but reality. I hope everyone can see that people can have a different opinion and still be a good BoTL. And if @Rod feels so strongly about not posting pics of cigars people receive, why isn't it a written rule. I personally think because it's kinda f n stooooopid. Just saying how I feel. Not trying to shove anyone in to a fight.

This seems more like do what we tell you or get lost. I'm trying to come back and fit in again. Socialize and post a few things. It seems like CP has become a private club of sorts. I personally don't feel the love I once felt here. I have such good memories here. I hate not feeling welcome and watching dog piles on people that have an opinion. Y'all have survived a good long while with out me... so I know nobody will miss me if I fade away again. Sad... but reality. I hope everyone can see that people can have a different opinion and still be a good BoTL. And if @Rod feels so strongly about not posting pics of cigars people receive, why isn't it a written rule. I personally think because it's kinda f n stooooopid. Just saying how I feel. Not trying to shove anyone in to a fight.
I don't feel that way Michael.... I've always seen people, or groups that identify with some more than others, but never have felt like it was a private club. I saw it with the first group chat years ago, and I see it now with the virtual HERF guys. They all really get to know one another and grow tight. I consider everyone here my friends, but only a select few that I'm seriously close with. CP has changed quite a bit. I still miss the days around 2008 when it was nothing to have hundreds of people on at the same time, but I still enjoy where the fellowship is today. You don't have to try Michael, you do fit in....

I don't feel that way Michael.... I've always seen people, or groups that identify with some more than others, but never have felt like it was a private club. I saw it with the first group chat years ago, and I see it now with the virtual HERF guys. They all really get to know one another and grow tight. I consider everyone here my friends, but only a select few that I'm seriously close with. CP has changed quite a bit. I still miss the days around 2008 when it was nothing to have hundreds of people on at the same time, but I still enjoy where the fellowship is today. You don't have to try Michael, you do fit in....
That last sentiment filled my heart and spirit. Thanks my friend. I love ya man.

Michael, you mention the "dog piles" on persons that have an opinion, and that is rampant here. I mention that in my above post # 70.
Families, groups, cliques, etc., typically don't care for those that won't walk a fine line, and are often quick to judge.

Here is what a former CP member stated to me concerning CP.
"They are slow moving compared to what I'm used to, but I only really saw the same 10 or so people posting. Most of the guys are cool, some obviously like drama and some take shots (baiting) that they wouldn't take in person. Are the same very few people posting because many others have been turned off in some way? It's not hard to find someone asking a question on the forum to be instantly told they're out of etiquette or they should have searched first. The problem is the forum is 2 decades old. To me it seems most of the "family" is absent."

That former CP member is not a dummy; he is smart enough to understand he saw a lot of baiting of others, a very few members of the nearly 15K registered members actually posting a thing, and he understands the bell curve of growth, plateau, and decline the place has gone through. Even @jfields admitted the place was much more vibrant at one time ("it was nothing to have hundreds of people on at the same time") and the former CP members' quote above reflects that reality ("To me it seems most of the "family" is absent.").
What remains is just what that former CP member stated; "the same 10 or so people posting." It seems as if a once much larger family has dwindled to a small clique of very much like minded individuals that find it difficult to tolerate the slightest disturbance, or difference of opinion, from any other BOTL that happens to show up.

Last edited:
I find your participation as well as akpreacher here on CP great for the community/family. From someone that doesn’t care if pictures are posted or not, it really just comes down to the question you posed. “Over a thank you post?” One could pose that question to any of the guys that want to dig their heels in over such a simple request for etiquette. Really is being right more important that following the rules written or not? There have been times when I have had my socks knocked off by the likes of Bill or John, and others that I would have loved to post a picture to show gratitude, but I understand why it’s not always a good decision to do so… and for the record I don’t think anyone has told anyone else to “get lost” no one wants that!!! I love the community and all most of its members… let’s just let this one go and move on as family should do! Besides there are others ways to thank someone with a pic in other threads like the Today’s smoke thread as you smoke the gracious gifts you have received from some great BOTL…

Last edited: