• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Return fire!!

I love noise ....... I love the '80s ....... this is the city .... I work here ..... I carry a badge (cigar) ........

Lol it has been mentioned, however, it’s not my custom to blindly follow the customs of others
I don't get this reply their are customs, rules, etiquette. That you must follow to be a good member here. I wouldn't come over your house and open you fridge and grab a beer without asking. It more about respect for the community. Enjoy the cigars but don't be surprised if you don't get bombed again.

I don't get this reply their are customs, rules, etiquette. That you must follow to be a good member here. I wouldn't come over your house and open you fridge and grab a beer without asking. It more about respect for the community. Enjoy the cigars but don't be surprised if you don't get bombed again.
No worries friend I have plenty of cigars, there’s no need for anyone to Bomb me. I have no problem following rules and I feel I have done that since I’ve been here, however, I don’t mind being counter cultural when it comes to something I don’t believe in.

No worries friend I have plenty of cigars, there’s no need for anyone to Bomb me. I have no problem following rules and I feel I have done that since I’ve been here, however, I don’t mind being counter cultural when it comes to something I don’t believe in.
If you want to be disrespectful of the community etiquette than I guess you can. Just know you no longer have my respect and I would assume many others here also. I have seen many like you come and go over the years. If you don't care then ot is what it is. You do you and see how it goes.

Yeah, it's not about getting bombed or not, it's about having respect for the community and the way thing are done in it. The "I don't like it so I'm going to just do what I want" attitude is nothing but a dick move.

Also, wouldn't hitch your wagon to #1 asshat.

I respect you @akpreacher. I've been a part of this site on and off for decades. I love a bunch of these guys to the ends of the earth. But I don't see eye to eye with em all the time. But they have the right to click in Cigarpass and shun us if they want. But there is no written rule you can't show your excitement and or appreciation by posting a picture. The only time I would think it was a problem was if the sender asked you not to for some reason. Now I know my opinion will have me on stand off with most of the cool guys in here.... but... hey. I still love em all and will be here when they need me. As for you Tim.... you are one of the good guys and I am proud to know ya.

I think it really comes down to respect for others. This particular observed action is not for YOU (royal "you"), but to protect the sender (royal "sender"). If you haven't read that thread explaining bomb protocol, please do. As you've seen, there are a lot of folks on here who send around significant quantities of cigars -- many of them being fairly high-end. Others simply send what they can to someone out of the goodness of their hearts, simply because they want to show their appreciation for another member here. If the royal you has talked with and the royal sender is cool with showing them off, then hey, go for it! However, there have been "cigar predators" here in the past who have attempted to get into good graces of those who have been known to be generous just for the sake of trying to get free cigars out of it. There have been those here who have literally been offended because they weren't sent the same caliber of cigars that someone else was in an unsolicited bomb. There have been those here who have been embarrassed because they simply did not have high-end cigars to send someone.

All of this has happened here, and it's why this rule is in place (I lobby for it to be stickied every time this issue comes up -- yet since my own transgression early in my time here, it has yet to be done). Each time, it has been the sender who paid for their good deed. So, it's about respect and care for those that have done kind things. As for kicking your heels up on the furniture because "you've never been one to follow the rules", well, that's just kind of a douche move. I mean, as The Good Book states:

Rule Number One is Don't Be An Asshole.

Rule Number One is always Don't Be An Asshole.

I respect you @akpreacher. I've been a part of this site on and off for decades. I love a bunch of these guys to the ends of the earth. But I don't see eye to eye with em all the time. But they have the right to click in Cigarpass and shun us if they want. But there is no written rule you can't show your excitement and or appreciation by posting a picture. The only time I would think it was a problem was if the sender asked you not to for some reason. Now I know my opinion will have me on stand off with most of the cool guys in here.... but... hey. I still love em all and will be here when they need me. As for you Tim.... you are one of the good guys and I am proud to know ya.

Very well said brother & spot on. And yes, Tim is a good person to boot.

I think it really comes down to respect for others. This particular observed action is not for YOU (royal "you"), but to protect the sender (royal "sender"). If you haven't read that thread explaining bomb protocol, please do. As you've seen, there are a lot of folks on here who send around significant quantities of cigars -- many of them being fairly high-end. Others simply send what they can to someone out of the goodness of their hearts, simply because they want to show their appreciation for another member here. If the royal you has talked with and the royal sender is cool with showing them off, then hey, go for it! However, there have been "cigar predators" here in the past who have attempted to get into good graces of those who have been known to be generous just for the sake of trying to get free cigars out of it. There have been those here who have literally been offended because they weren't sent the same caliber of cigars that someone else was in an unsolicited bomb. There have been those here who have been embarrassed because they simply did not have high-end cigars to send someone.

All of this has happened here, and it's why this rule is in place (I lobby for it to be stickied every time this issue comes up -- yet since my own transgression early in my time here, it has yet to be done). Each time, it has been the sender who paid for their good deed. So, it's about respect and care for those that have done kind things. As for kicking your heels up on the furniture because "you've never been one to follow the rules", well, that's just kind of a douche move. I mean, as The Good Book states:

Rule Number One is Don't Be An Asshole.

Rule Number One is always Don't Be An Asshole.
Thanks for expressing your perspective. You started by sharing the key being respect for others. Who do you mean? Does that mean your differing perspective is disrespectful to me? I’m not seeking to disrespect anyone, instead, I intend to honor the great gift bestowed upon me in the best way I know how. If you wish to proceed differently then that is your prerogative and your right. You expressed that I am not following the rules, however, I have not seen it posted as a forum rule. From what I have seen it is simply a custom that some here choose to uphold.
Also, it is not advised to misrepresent the Good Book, if indeed you mean the Bible. Moreover, the first command is to not have any other Gods before Him, not what you have said.

You're a dick!

Nice selection as usual by the way! 😂

So, it's all fine & dandy for a member to refer to other members as an "asshat" & a "dick" which both are direct violations of a standing 'rule' & no one says a thing about that issue but then some here have an issue with folks demonstrating sincere appreciation for a bomb by posting a photo, which is not a violation of a standing rule? :rolleyes: Just asking.

OK, I think I got it .......

Last edited:
So, it's all fine & dandy for a member to refer to other members as an "asshat" & a "dick" which both are direct violations of a standing 'rule' & no one says a thing about that issue but then some here have an issue with folks demonstrating sincere appreciation for a bomb by posting a photo, which is not a violation of a standing rule? :rolleyes: Just asking.

OK, I think I got it .......
You're an idiot, I was joking. The old man is a good friend of mine.

Thanks for expressing your perspective. You started by sharing the key being respect for others. Who do you mean? Does that mean your differing perspective is disrespectful to me? I’m not seeking to disrespect anyone, instead, I intend to honor the great gift bestowed upon me in the best way I know how. If you wish to proceed differently then that is your prerogative and your right. You expressed that I am not following the rules, however, I have not seen it posted as a forum rule. From what I have seen it is simply a custom that some here choose to uphold.
Also, it is not advised to misrepresent the Good Book, if indeed you mean the Bible. Moreover, the first command is to not have any other Gods before Him, not what you have said.
He's talking about the first rule of CP, not the Bible.

I just want to be clear I wasn't saying you're a dick, I was saying it's a dick move. You don't agree, that's fine, we won't always. I stick by what I said, we don't have to see it the same way.

And the Old Man is still a dick.